Article on Warrior and Vinnie

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Genebaby
Site Admin

Article on Warrior and Vinnie

Post by Genebaby »

This is a really cool article I just found on the history of Warrior..

http://metaltalk.net/columns2015/20150845a.php
Commander in chief - VVF Army
syncophile42

Re: Article on Warrior and Vinnie

Post by syncophile42 »

Interesting article. Is that band picture of Warrior where they are all wearing some kind of armour lurking around here someplace, or does anyone have it? If I recall correctly, it was in a Kerrang news article some time in the early '80s, I used to have it but can't remember exactly when it was now.
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." - Douglas Adams
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yeah not bad at all...except they got Goran's time line wrong and Robert wasn't fired, he left.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

That was a great read!
chrispaulodale

Post by chrispaulodale »

shramiac wrote:Yeah not bad at all...except they got Goran's time line wrong and Robert wasn't fired, he left.
Please correct me on Goran's timeline? I'm the author of that piece and would like it to be as accurate as possible. Yes, I see Robert's leaving the band is also debatable, maybe I'll change that in an update. Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers
Chris
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Cool!

Only a minor error, Goran was wanted by Vinnie AFTER Robert had quit. The record company didn't want him because of his heavy Swedish accent resulting in Goran not being able to pronounce Vinnie's name correctly...Winnie Wincent! A bit of xenophobia on the part of the record company in my opinion! :(

And they wanted a pretty boy Jon Bon Jovi look-a-like, whom they got with Mark.....and who did a pretty good job on ASG in my books, even if Vinnie disagrees!

As for Robert quitting,

"When Vinnie first came to me we were going to be a BAND, then he made a deal as a solo artist with the demos we did with me singing on them, so I told him to piss off !! Then the record company, Chrysalis, told him to get me back. I said no for a long time but then my son Austin was going to be born so I said I would do it for a shit load of money and did. There are many other incidents that happened which I won’t go into, but suffice to say, if it weren’t for me being so nice, there wouldn’t have been an Invasion album. That album kicks all the other albums that followed…in the balls !!! You’re right, it is still one of the most over the top albums to this day, PLAY IT LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
ankh

Post by ankh »

found on kissfaq.com archives, it is realted to Gardner,and there's also some things about Gene:

“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

very very cool thanks for sharing
chrispaulodale

Post by chrispaulodale »

Thanks Shramiac for the info. Can I just go over it one more time to make sure, I got it right?

Vinnie did the album with Robert.
Robert quit.
Vinnie tried to re-record the album with Goran? Was this before it was released or after?
Record Company wanted pretty boy.
Got Mark Slaughter.
Filmed promo vid, went on tour, started recording album again (eg Shoot U Full of Love) with Mark...

Is that the right order?

Thanks Ankh too for the KISS FAQ articles. I'd read them both before and heard the story of the impounded gear before but until you posted it in this context I didn't realise that referred to Hirsh just being an auditionee!!!!!!!

You guys might also like to hear some work a friend of mine has done trying to clean up and remaster the old Warrior demos. Sadly he's only got the usual bootlegs to work from but, the results sound way better than I've heard them before.

[youtube][/youtube]

Cheers
Chris
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Pretty much what you said there. There are a couple of samples of Goran singing to the first album, whether they were good enough, who knows?
We don't know how many tracks Mark recorded? Doubtful he did the whole album, would have been expensive.

Here's another Robert interview.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/wforum/viewto ... =1&t=18006

Thanks for those, ankh. Good stuff.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yes and Goran sang back on the streets as his audition. John norum who hired Goran just after heard that demo and recorded it for his album. I heard that Goran was also linked to vv after mark left but yngwie came in and got him.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Robert was not fired he was never hired. He quit the day of the album pgotographs. Listen to his db geek interview. Goran would be a great interview for db geek actually.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Chris. Good work.
Warrior was great. It's interesting to think if vv hadn't of joined kiss how warrior would have panned out.
Bye Bye
ankh

Post by ankh »

guys,thanks for the kind words.I've thought that those two images were related to the story and wanted to put them into context
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Yes they were, but i don't think Hirsh were auditioning, i think he was part of the band and then Vinnie made it look like he was auditioning.
Vinnie was already a crook.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vinnie stole or took all the tapes too
Bye Bye
chrispaulodale

Post by chrispaulodale »

i've updated the warrior article with the helpful corrections provided by you guys. also added to the article are newly remastered versions of the original warrior demos. i believe these are the best quality versions that we've heard so far and a big improvement on what was online before.
http://metaltalk.net/columns2015/20150845a.php

hope you enjoy them and thanks again for your help.
chris