The Pattaya Hard Rock guitar

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: The Pattaya Hard Rock guitar

Post by Genebaby »

I will pass this on to the Hard Rock people, it's only getting juicier for Vinnie!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I've been trying to get more looks at the guitars when he was in Kiss and thought of something else.

Even though there is no record of it happening, if the guitar(s) did go back to Jackson and the headstock logo was changed due to the pink colour, then why are the string tree holes still there? They would have been plugged and no longer visible, but these holes were either added later for authenticity, or were part of something else on that particular guitar prior to when Vinnie got it.

Jackson would not have done such a sloppy job on the truss rod cover, of which this is the wrong one for the size of the hole the real guitar would have underneath.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i really think VV works on his own guitars. I think he instals pick ups etc and even paints.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

to be fair the paint job was not good on lick it up tour (even though I like it with the gold coming through personally) so I could see him sending it for re-painting. However I would think he would have kept original logo but for benefit of doubt he could have asked for pink headstock (even though its crazy in my opinion). But the changing of the controls???? The different trem and neck wood? Changing of the tuners? Keeping original strings. I really doubt he did have it re painted but there is a minute chance he did. Also the boys are gonna rock video he used an rr v with normal shark inlays not reverse to match his VV model so I see no reason why he painted that guitar for that video as it is definatly not in the video.

It appears to me either Jackson gave him a bunch of cheap RR's in 1985 or 1986 for some reason (maybe vv told them he was going to be photographed with them?) or he bought a few cheap ones. I am 99.999% sure he didn't sabotage his good early RR's to look like cheap ones and then spend lots of money switching controls and tuners around.

It is very possible that he ripped the original non fine tuners of these guitars to put on his newer VV models.. however i am no expert but I guess work would need to be done so the new fine tuning floyds from 1987 could fit in place???

Again a lot of work for a guitar he never intended to use as he had his own signiture model by then and since VVI he never was pictured with an RR until he was selling at he expos.

Also like i said the neck wood isn't brazilan rosewood or ebony its ligter Rosewood (cheaper rosewood)
Bye Bye
Sandimas

Post by Sandimas »

Read the discussion on the Vinnie's Gear section. This guitar has been debated a lot on there, and whilst it's been completely gutted and refinished, there are several pieces of evidence that marry up with this being one of his two original gold Rhoads guitars.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Sandimas wrote:Read the discussion on the Vinnie's Gear section. This guitar has been debated a lot on there, and whilst it's been completely gutted and refinished, there are several pieces of evidence that marry up with this being one of his two original gold Rhoads guitars.

I think along these lines too.

The one in the Julien's auction was listed "as his favourite" and as the old story goes (and a story confirmed by Bobby Rock), Vinnie got angry with his favourite guitar whilst recording VVI because it wouldn't stay in tune so he broke it, set it on fire and pissed on it to put out the fire! Vinnie was only using the bridge pickup back then and the auction guitar featured three knobs with no toggle switch. Logically, the three knobs only controlled the EMG bridge P/U and as his two Jackson VVVs only featured a single EMG with three knobs, it's a fair guess that this Rhoads was fitted with the same set up as the VVVs, a volume, a Jackson pre-amp and a mid range boost knob.

Yes, there are some dubious claims and dates in the descriptions that should be addressed but honestly, we have no proof that the guitars aren't what they are stated are!

The most obvious is the upgrade of the old Floyd posts to the newer threaded sleeve style. Vinnie was hard on his gear live and I for one could believe that the old style screw posts were worn and needed replacing at some time before it was too late. Who could forget Steve Vai killing his "Green Meanie" Charvel that recorded a couple of Zappa albums, the Alcatrazz album and 90% of the outstanding DLR Eat 'em and Smile album by tearing the Floyd out with a lot of wood whilst on the DLR tour!

But what do I know? :? :oops: :( :P
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

No, these guitars are not very early Jacksons. There is no need anymore to concoct stories as to why things are different to cover Vinnie's lies.

He is flat out lying about these guitars, we know this now.

The Hard Rock guitar was not even built for a Floyd nut, it's a joke and a half.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Said what I think so, I shall say no more!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

No problemo dude. It's just that we have been making excuses for years about why these guitars look wrong and Vinnie has again recently only said work was done in 1984. He added the headstock change for the auction but does not know enough about hardware to know that the trem did not exist to be installed in 1984 like he states.

So it's just lies upon lies with this guy. Heck, he tried to sell it in 96 to that guy, they worked out it was a later model and he stole his money, where does it end?

Yet our Vinnie, in his mind, is still fighting the righteous fight against those who did him wrong, never stopping to think on those he's stepped on along the way, however slightly, with his behaviors and actions.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

There are no similarities. Please show me any similarities? Some one said the inlays look same but mop is effected by light and I don't think they are the same anyway. I see no evidence from past debates. Ask Robert v did not light his guitar on fire
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The fifth fret inlay is off color but the gold had a crown shape in middle and pataya has different look
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The 12th fret on both the inlay is dull but the 5th fret doesn't match at all. 3 rd fret is different too
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It's possible the Pattaya beach one could be this. Obviously this has black headstock but maybe this one was sold off? Image
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Okay....couldn't resist! :P :mrgreen:

There were two gold Rhoads! Hence the different inlay patterns on that (very cool) close up picture.

The Hard Rock guitar was not even built for a Floyd nut.......umm you'll have to explain that one to me? It was originally a regular nut with a string tree? Kahler lock nuts didn't use trees.

Lastly, if in fact these aren't the CoTN guitars, they aren't even Jacksons! There is no serial number on the end of the board. ALL Jacksons have been given a serial number since 1983! Even ones built for rock stars Eg; Dave Mustaine's '86/87 black (later silver) King Vee had the serial number DM 010.

You can't "un-stamp" a serial number.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ok, you're not listening, neither guitar was ever one of his gold ones. You can't fake a super early Jackson that easy.

Look at this pic:

This guitar was not built with a Floyd nut in mind, which explains the super crappy job on the truss rod cover, it was dodged up after it was built.

Blow up the photo and you can see that where the holes are, the screws were in use when that truss rod cover was on, but they have since been removed. That area is nothing like what an original Jackson looks like before things were more standardised.

Talking to the collectors, I've been out of the loop for a while, there were many guitars made off the books by employees and for certain people if they asked. These guitars didn't get serialized and therefore didn't cost full price as a verified Jackson. Vinnie may have had this built for him at some point on the down low, or he may have acquired it along the line. The Jackson collectors are not worried, as I used to be too, about the lack of a serial. It's easy not to put one on, faking a serialized guitar is harder if the real one's location is known or it shows up one day.

They also MAY not be a real Jackson too, just a fake job of a late 80's model, but if they were commissioned to duplicate the real ones it was not a good job. You would want to paint them gold, then pink, then do the wear and have all the period correct build processes and parts.

Whatever these guitars are, they are not his early Jacksons that were once gold.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yes, blowing up the picture, I can now see the nick in the truss cover from the screw.

iPhone is good! :)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I took these with a Samsung using CM12.1! :)
n3p

Post by n3p »

Always wondered where this guitar ended up! I'm due a trip to Bangkok, may begrudgingly detour to Pattaya :)
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Back in 2002, he said the same thing, it was the only one that survived, then suddenly for Julien's Auction he has another "only one" guitar?

doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Wow on print. " Only one that survived" yet he sold 2 more pink and one white. That is fraud proof without doubt
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Also that's not the guitar that hard rock received
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Oh dear! :(
VincentH

Post by VincentH »

And to think he estimated it's value at $60,000-$70,000 in 2002. That's more than the average value of a 1959 Les Paul (although the one that belonged to Peter Green and Gary Moore sold in excess of a million dollars). I don't understand Vinnie's reasoning behind this, there has to be some motive besides from major financial gain. Is it to boost his ego, or is it something else?