REH video - Jackson VVV

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
tukoztukoz

REH video - Jackson VVV

Post by tukoztukoz »

As Spacewig posted pics of his metaltech video, I noticed the Jackson VVV on the back cover. This guitar didn't appear on the video, if I remember it right. Do you think REH publications still have movie cuts that didn't appear on the final video? Where could all that material be?
jacksonvvv metaltech.JPG
jacksonvvv metaltech.JPG (57.27 KiB) Viewed 623 times
say two sky two say fare
shramiac

Re: REH video - Jackson VVV

Post by shramiac »

No doubt! I'm sure all those videos had stuff that wasn't seen. Of course the material would probably be owned by the artist and therefore would need their permission to be released.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That pic looks like it was from the That Time Of Year video or just a different time than what was filmed for the instructional video.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Think it's from video
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The photo is credited to this guy http://www.genekirklandphotography.com/
Bye Bye
birnie

Post by birnie »

I asked Roger hutchinson about extras a while back.....if you search for REH video threads.
He said that the REH vids were all sold to someone, and then sold on again.
He did say who.
I think Wolfi even engaged them but I don't know if he ever heard back or not.
Are you even allowed to buy that sort of stuff for personal viewing?
I'd love to see another hour or 2 of stuff that didn't make the cut.
....I'l LOVE to see Vinnie fuck up and say "take 5.....ah fuck....take 6"

Did you get anywhere Wolfi when asking about the tapes?
birnie

Post by birnie »

Here it is :

Hi Roger and Don,

I'm the proud owner of the Metal Tech Vinnie Vincent video from the 90's i beleive.
I was wondering if this series ever made it to DVD....and if by some chance you have your original footage, is there any extra footage, or even behind the scenes stuff that would drive a VV fan bonkers !?

Thanks for your time
Jason

hutchinson roger@guitaraxis.com to me
show details 5:06 AM (6 hours ago)
Hi Jason,

Thanks for the email. Thinking about the VV video sure brought back some memories! In 1992 Columbia Pictures Publications acquired the rights to our video catalog…..then about a year later Warner Bros. Publications acquired the rights from CPP……then about 5 years ago Alfred Publishing acquired the rights….that’s a lot of changes. So to check if Alfred converted it to a DVD you should go to the Alfred site http://www.alfred.com. I doubt they did it as a single product but may have as a compilation. Maybe type Vinnie’s name in their search box and see what happens. When CPP acquired our company they took all the footage…..so even the unused footage is probably just sitting somewhere in a big warehouse. Boy would I love to get my hands on all that footage now but…..would still have to get the artists permission to use it.

Wish I could be of more help,

Roger