Hey Vinnie - Julien's Auction

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
poserboy71

Hey Vinnie - Julien's Auction

Post by poserboy71 »

Vincent Cusano,

The Pear Guitar WASN'T "GIFTED" to you by Tom Palecki.
There were stipulations to the agreement that you DIDN'T follow therefore the guitar should be returned immediately to Tom Palecki.

If you decide to keep it in the auction, legal ramifications will be pending.

I encourage you to do the proper thing and return the 5 guitars A.S.A.P. .

Talks have already begun with Mr. Julien and Hillary.

Karma appears in many ways. That goes for GOOD KARMA as well.

Thanks.
Your pal,
Rick
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Re: Hey Vinnie - Julien's Auction

Post by shramiac »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Yes that's right....All 5 !!!

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

I cant believe he tries to pull a stunt like this. Man i would feel so ashamed i would vaporize. Just give em back, everything else is just wrong!
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Is it Vinnie or someone else treating with Julien?
say two sky two say fare
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Also those kiss guitars are not. No Floyd on white one and black headstock which v had white
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vinnie by the way you are not in Europe
Nice excuse though
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Bankruptcy fraud. juliens know and I guess the potential owners will know as well
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Also vv never had a jackson in kiss with pink painted headstock. He needs to match the auction pictures to kiss pictures or this is a joke. Also he said black.strat was sold. Haha
Bye Bye
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auction ... ie+vincent

I didn't see there were details on Julian's site the other day...
Nice vintage papers. There are some bids already.
Anybody wants those boots? :lol:

Double V : What makes you say he's not in Europe?
say two sky two say fare
VincentH

Post by VincentH »

Has anyone noticed that the white Rhoads featured on the website may possibly be not be the original as stated in the auction's description? For example, it features the standard string-through tailpiece that is common on stock model Rhoads, unlike the Floyd Rose that was installed in Vinnie's guitars throughout the 1980s. If we compare the guitar in this image to the one featured on the website: Image

Moreover, the headstock on the website is finished in black, in addition to the tuners, and therefore may indicate that either this is not the original guitar, or it is, albeit modified and repaired.
A Vinnie Vincent stage used Jackson Randy Rhoads electric guitar. Shark fin shape in white finish, dot inlays. This guitar was among the many used this early in Kiss's Creatures of the Night tour in 1982 although it is unclear as to the number of performances. Vincent was waiting on his final Jackson Vinnie Vincent model guitars to be built and was encountering tuning problems with the guitars he had been loaned from Jackson that had whammy bars. The Jackson company sent this non-whammy model guitar for Vincent to use in the meantime. The guitar has the original strings used on the Creatures of the Night tour. Accompanied by a fitted hardshell case. A link to an online image of Vincent with this guitar in full KISS makeup is available upon request.
46 by 16 inches
I've just noticed this (God, I feel stupid for failing to read it). Was this guitar loaned to Vinnie by Jackson, which means he would have to return it once his guitars were repaired? If this is the case, therefore, Vinnie may also be liable for the theft of this guitar, as he was only in possession, not ownership of the guitar, and as such does not have right to sell it.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Not same guitar. Vv is saying he had Floyd replaced with fixed bridge but he says he is in Europe and can not show evidence. All lies
Bye Bye
VincentH

Post by VincentH »

doublev2 wrote:Not same guitar. Vv is saying he had Floyd replaced with fixed bridge but he says he is in Europe and can not show evidence. All lies
Exactly. How could Vinnie support himself in Europe if he has declared bankruptcy, and therefore would not have the resources to do so. It's just Vinnie being extremely dishonest, as per usual.

If the guitar was loaned to him by Jackson, isn't it about time he returned it, considering it doesn't belong to him. Anyhow, the wording of this description is slightly confusing- by 'loaned' (the Rhoads with Floyd's did belong him however) does that mean that the guitar was provided to him on a temporary basis for the COTN tour, or for an extended period of time past that. Possibly, this could mean that he has stolen the guitar from Jackson. He's not doing himself any favours, it seems he has forgotten that a little honesty can go a long way.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Europe...right...
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Absolutely not the same guitar
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

The white Rhoads in the auction is a different guitar to the one Vinnie is holding in the Creatures photo shoot. The auction guitar is a hard tail and the photo shoot one is fitted with an NFT Floyd. Other than ripping a Floyd out so bad that the only way to save it would be to turn it into a hard tail seems an unlikely story, that should clear up anyone's confusion on the matter.

I don't think it's mentioned that a guitar was "de-Floyded" because of tuning problems. More than likely it was a standard "strat" style trem that was fitted and with Vinnie's abuse of the wang bar, I can see why he'd have problems! :lol:

Not querying the validity (well I guess I kinda am :( ) of the auction guitar but am curious as to the build time for it. It has a white Jackson logo which as far as I can tell, didn't appear until '83 as per the 1983 Jackson catalog. Vinnie's 2 x Gold Jacksons and the black dot neck (my guess the white photo shoot one re-painted...maybe?), all had the gold, hand painted Jackson logo! That combined with many of the early CoTN tour shots, Vinnie was playing his red "Guitar Man" strat and we've never seen a picture of this guitar being played live, sends up a red (maybe a pink) flag for me!

That said, Vinnie DID play a black, dot neck, hard tail Rhoads on the CoTN tour and this auction guitar could be that one re-painted (again with the lovely gold hand painted logo covered :( :( :( ) and that could explain the new white logo??? Maybe????

Always happy to be wrong about these things! I think I can speak for many here that one of the biggest disappointments is that we've never been able to get all the "guitar nerd" info out of Vinnie! :(

My two cents anyway!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
VincentH

Post by VincentH »

He was more than happy to discuss the black charvel, I was surprised that he didn't provide more detailed descriptions for the others. I believe the best resolution to this issue is that he at least returns the guitars he had stolen from Tom Palecki.

It's the least he can do if he is genuinely interested in preserving any dignity and building bridges with others. He needs to understand that only he can improve himself. Selling memorabilia for thousands of dollars isn't going to earn the respect of the fans, it's honesty that will. If he is in Europe, he could at least inform us which country he is in.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

VincentH wrote:He was more than happy to discuss the black charvel, I was surprised that he didn't provide more detailed descriptions for the others. I believe the best resolution to this issue is that he at least returns the guitars he had stolen from Tom Palecki.

It's the least he can do if he is genuinely interested in preserving any dignity and building bridges with others. He needs to understand that only he can improve himself. Selling memorabilia for thousands of dollars isn't going to earn the respect of the fans, it's honesty that will. If he is in Europe, he could at least inform us which country he is in.
Exactly!
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Where and when did he/someone say he was in Europe?
say two sky two say fare
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Guessing Julien's Auctions was contacted and informed that Vinnie was in Europe?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Shram it coukd well be the black one painted white. Good call. He should say that in description. Anyone got photos of the black hard tail?
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

But if re painted would it have original strings? I guess original strings is a vague term.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Either he had major work done to it or not same guitar.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

If it's black one resprayed he changed logo and also volume controls.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yes, I meant to say about the original strings being an onion in the ointment but I was too late to edit the post.

I just base my theory on Vinnie saying he had 6 Rhoads in the March '86 Guitar World. Though thinking about it, I think it said "6 Rhoads prototypes", which in fact could match up with the guitars we know of.

2 x Gold/Floyd
1 x White dot neck/Floyd
1 x Black dot neck/Floyd
1 x White dot neck hard tail
1 x Black dot neck hard tail.

We then have the LIU Pink and a possible post KISS Rhoads that is in the Jackson/Charvel endorsers ad from '85.

It's all very confusing and as I said, it's a shame we never got to have a genuine conversation with Vinnie about all his gear.

The thing that "erks" me about this white hard tail is the logo which for me, should be a hand painted gold one if it was used early on the CoTN tour.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

But no proof of this guitar being used in kiss or even with vv not in kiss.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The serial number of the guitars he's selling will date them accordingly, so you'll know the era they came from.

Will the auction house release those?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

If youre interested in buying i think you should be able to see the serial numbers. Its not like youre asking anyone to go to the moon...or europe...
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I don't think the prototypes had serial numbers. The rr v in hard rock had no number unless it was removed. I think they didn't have them but vic will know better than me. Someone should ask for serial number
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

There will, or should be numbers on his guitars, only Randy got prototypes, Vinnie received the first of the production ready models.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I'm pretty sure the Hard Rock Rhoads didn't have a serial number? Any chance you could dig up those photos you took, Dino? If not, I'll see if I can convince them to take a few snaps for me, since they won't sell it to me!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Every guitar from Jackson Vinnie used would have a serial after the last fret. Artist guitars have them the same as the rest.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It didn't have serial on last fret, I double checked
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I sent the photos of hard rock one to jackson guitars and grover both said they were certain it's not a real jackson. Jackson thought ed roman made it. I am not saying that confirms it's not really but they all said not real. Ofcourse they may not take into account the respray
Bye Bye
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Julien should suspect something too. Or is he a bad fish as well??
roustabout23

Post by roustabout23 »

i believe the law/rule that applies here applies to something like an abandoned vehicle on private property. If a car is left on my property, for longer than 90 days and the owner does not make attempt to remove it, reclaim it or pay rental for the storage, I become 100% owner of said property. That said, for anyone to PROVE that they are anyone elses guitars, there MUST be a traceable, verifiable serial # etched, engraved, painted, written or some other way indelibly marked on the item. no serial, no proof it is yours. Even if you know there isnt one, they cannot take it without some document of proof. Guitars, especially prototypes commonly will NOT have a serial number on them, as they were not part of a production run. Also, dont most endorsement deals at the level VV was at in 83, GIVE you outright the guitar, including prototypes? That said... its beyond a matter of contention.. more than 7 years have passed, statute of limitations is UP. May be a very unpopular opinion in these parts... I hope vinnie makes a shit load of money.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

And if he does.....he gets his sweet ass back in the studio!!! :)
roustabout23

Post by roustabout23 »

shramiac wrote:And if he does.....he gets his sweet ass back in the studio!!! :)
thats exactly what im screaming!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

My guess is they will not sell.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Non of those guitars apart from strat has ever been photographed with or at least in their current paint or configuration so why would they sell unless some corporate buyer who doesn't do research buys them. Even strat was only pictured in a amateur shot before he was introduced as a kiss member.
Bye Bye
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

shramiac wrote:And if he does.....he gets his sweet ass back in the studio!!! :)
If he does its gonna be yet another unreleased demo. He might cover the studio costs but its not gonna be enough to release a cd. Dont think any recordlabel will help him. Sounds tough perhaps but thats what i believe. :(
roustabout23

Post by roustabout23 »

http://www.edroman.com/guitars/abstract/vtwin.htm

clearing up a few things, is ed roman himself, from their own website. Seems the NAMM 2011 guitars had zilch to do with VV according to Ed...

"At the 2011 NAMM show in Anaheim, ***Tom Pilecki of Pear Guitars*** released the Vinnie Vincent Guitar !!!"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The pear has little value over what it would be worth as a non vv pear as he has no pictures with it at all. The white rr is almost certainly never been photographed with vv and the pink one never photographed with vv or at least in its current paint. The only carvin double neck vv has been photographed with is black. How can vv expect these kind of prices for unoriginal and or very questionable items. Even the black strat never pictured live with kiss.
Pear real value 4000 but I think would struggle for half that. The carvin 1500, start 2000 because a shot with vinnie but not live, the rr v's 1000 each I think. The pants never used in kiss photo shoot or live just that behind scenes shot
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

This is only carvin double neck vv has been photographed with. Could be he resprayed it silver but nothing in auction description of that important information.
Bye Bye
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Pink Jackson's got the first 10K Bid
http://www.julienslive.com/view-auction ... lot/63874/
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

This pink guitar, and the one at the Hard Rock both have reverse sharkfins. Only one of Vinnie's pink guitars used in Kiss was reverse, the other was regular......