GUITARMAGEDDON

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
rock1ankh

GUITARMAGEDDON

Post by rock1ankh »

Do you think that, if Vinnie had released the guitarmageddon he would have more recognition, or would have been more famous, or could have stayed well for a few years, or something ?
Euphoria was a big teaser, Guitarmageddon would have been a big monster !!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: GUITARMAGEDDON

Post by Genebaby »

Definitely releasing a killer album after VVI would have helped Vinnie's career, but waiting 8 years for the demos on Euphoria and then nothing was bad for his career.

He was clearly looking to make a monster album but as an unrealised and unfinished project it has done nothing for him save for fans like us.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Guitarmageddon was the best work of Vinnie's career and could have made him a guitar icon if it had been released in the league of Steve Vai and Joe Satriani in my opinion
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

For me the original guitars from hell would have made the difference. If it had been released in 1989/1990 but the 96/97 guitarmageddon had drum machine and was too late. I don't think the 96 release would have done much for him. I still want to hear the original recording.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev2 wrote:For me the original guitars from hell would have made the difference. If it had been released in 1989/1990 but the 96/97 guitarmageddon had drum machine and was too late. I don't think the 96 release would have done much for him. I still want to hear the original recording.
THIS!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I don't believe it's a commercial record in way of hit singles so it's hard to say if only die hards would have liked only. I am not 100% sure it would have brought in a lot of new fans. Asg should have given him a lot of fans and ashes, love kills, that time of year should have been big hits.
Full shred, invincible and maybe wild child could have been singles. Invincible could have been removed worked as a radio edit and may have been a hit. I personally love the epic long version of invincible. I think vv should make 8 minute plus versions of all songs like classical or jazz tunes and then have the softy shorter versions.
If 'over you ' was on gfh with the pedal steel that could have been a hit. Love that song.
Bye Bye
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

The guitar playing is over the top so to clarify what I mean is that Vinnie's Credibility with guitar players I believe would have been enhanced to icon status. I'm not talking about commercial popularity with mainstream fans looking for cool hit songs

Many guitar players because they haven't heard much of what Vinnie is capable of think that he is a hack
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yes as a guitar player would have helped. agreed
Bye Bye
NatashaTheo

Post by NatashaTheo »

Genebaby wrote:Definitely releasing a killer album after VVI would have helped Vinnie's career, but waiting 8 years for the demos on Euphoria and then nothing was bad for his career.

He was clearly looking to make a monster album but as an unrealised and unfinished project it has done nothing for him save for fans like us.
I agree with that
rock1ankh

Post by rock1ankh »

Rocks on fire Could Also Have Been a great single, (it's Actually one of my favorites), these days ago I search alternate mix version, but without success, what ever, I agree that the GFH had released on 89/90, would made more difference than if it had been released on 96/97, believe it would have still made a remarkable difference,songs like ride the serpent, heavy metal poontang, nuke it, Shocker, could make it a guitar icon, these songs sound less "commercial" that some songs from other albums, it sounds more heavy metal in the presence of Harmonic minor in most of riffs.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

rock1ankh wrote:Rocks on fire Could Also Have Been a great single, (it's Actually one of my favorites), these days ago I search alternate mix version, but without success, what ever, I agree that the GFH had released on 89/90, would made more difference than if it had been released on 96/97, believe it would have still made a remarkable difference,songs like ride the serpent, heavy metal poontang, nuke it, Shocker, could make it a guitar icon, these songs sound less "commercial" that some songs from other albums, it sounds more heavy metal in the presence of Harmonic minor in most of riffs.

You've heard Ride the Serpent??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
rock1ankh

Post by rock1ankh »

only that piece that Vinnie posted in one of his videos , already gave to note a presence of harmonic minor in the solo, and on the 3 sec of the chorus that can hear it.
NatashaTheo

Post by NatashaTheo »

rock1ankh wrote:Rocks on fire Could Also Have Been a great single, (it's Actually one of my favorites), these days ago I search alternate mix version, but without success, what ever, I agree that the GFH had released on 89/90, would made more difference than if it had been released on 96/97, believe it would have still made a remarkable difference,songs like ride the serpent, heavy metal poontang, nuke it, Shocker, could make it a guitar icon, these songs sound less "commercial" that some songs from other albums, it sounds more heavy metal in the presence of Harmonic minor in most of riffs.
The biggest problem is the commercial game, which takes little account of the faith ... Music is preferred often use some artist that gives them greater advantage, than one that has masterpiece ... This goes for many things, always seeks more advantages than quality ... This is depressing, there are things that are simply Vinnie perfect, but some have been explored ...
VVWarrior82

Post by VVWarrior82 »

doublev2 wrote:For me the original guitars from hell would have made the difference. If it had been released in 1989/1990 but the 96/97 guitarmageddon had drum machine and was too late. I don't think the 96 release would have done much for him. I still want to hear the original recording.
I agree with Dino here. At least in terms of fame/popularity an album released at least semi close to ASG would've made a HUGE difference. Hell, even if it had come out in 1991 it probably would've worked out better for VV. Guitarmageddon would've come out way too late in the game to make any slight bit of difference that way. The music world moves on quick, and hair metal was DEEP in the wastelands in 96. Would it have made him more popular/recognized as a guitarist? Sure it would've, but the fame ship sailed long before.

Actually, a good point to this in general would be what happened to Anvil in the late 80's. Lost their record contract based on bad decisions and had to sit on an album for 4 years. When Strength Of Steel finally did come out 4 years later, most people didn't give a shit. The metal world had (at least on the forefront side) moved on from their brand of metal. Was it a bad album? No. It just came out 3 years to late to propel them any further up the ladder.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yeah but Anvil were just....... just awful to begin with, IMO!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

shramiac wrote:Yeah but Anvil were just....... just awful to begin with, IMO!
I wanted to say it. You said it for me.
NEVER should Anvil be used in comparison to VV. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Never heard of anvil. Do they make painkillers?
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote:Never heard of anvil. Do they make painkillers?
Just the opposite. They induce pain... ...on the ears.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Poserboy you are not wrong

[youtube][/youtube]
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's a different group.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

This is them and their best known song, playing a huge festival crowd alongside Metallica, Scorpions, Whitesnake and Bon Jovi. They really became the odd band out.

[youtube][/youtube]
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

That song sux ass big time! And he's nearly as sloppy on the guitar as me!
rock1ankh

Post by rock1ankh »

The only problem if it were released in 1989 is that we would not have music as heavy metal poontang, euphoria, get the lead out or ride the serpent, or we would have a few years later, it is hard to say, but think about it, the album should have been released in 1989 even, would be great to have on Fire Rocks, Genesis, Nuke It in a better quality.

Good band, had never heard before anvil, somewhat resembles accept.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Why not those songs? They were all recorded in 1989 originally.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

All robert vocals were recorded in 1989. He never recorded later so if robert singing it's 1989
Bye Bye
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

didn't he do other vocals at a later time with V ?
VVWarrior82

Post by VVWarrior82 »

poserboy71 wrote:
shramiac wrote:Yeah but Anvil were just....... just awful to begin with, IMO!
I wanted to say it. You said it for me.
NEVER should Anvil be used in comparison to VV. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I never compared them musically.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Who said you did ?

NEWBEGINNINGS
VVWarrior82

Post by VVWarrior82 »

Seemed to be what you guys were getting at with your comments. Because, on the business side of things, it's a pretty valid comparison.

Musically, there would be no point in making a comparison because they're vastly different.
VVWarrior82

Post by VVWarrior82 »

doublev2 wrote:Never heard of anvil. Do they make painkillers?
[youtube][\youtube]

There's a pretty good song from their 3rd record. Anvil is a Canadian band that basically started off as an AC/DC clone. After the NWOBHM started to break, they fine tuned their sound some and got better at playing & writing. Got some decent popularity and got taken out as an opener for Aerosmith. Then the management issues came into play and they sat on the next record for 4 years. They had a documentary come out about them a couple years ago, a good flick. Not hard to see why they never made it though, release issues a side. They always kinda sucked, about half of each album was really good and that's about it. I admire that they always stuck to their guns on how they should sound though.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

doublev2 wrote:All robert vocals were recorded in 1989. He never recorded later so if robert singing it's 1989
no he never recorded later. he also said the final vocals were not recorded. his vocals were just a guide that vv used on euphoria
Bye Bye