Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_/Metal Sludge

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
poserboy71

Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_/Metal Sludge

Post by poserboy71 »

This was posted on Metal Sludge

Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_

Re: Vinnie Vincent to resurface soon?
Vinnie is, undoubtedly, mentally ill (and considerably so). I just wonder if it is purely a mental illness or if he supplements his insanity with drugs? I never knew of the guy to be a drinker/user when he was still in the public eye, but were I a betting man (which thankfully I am not), I would most certainly predict that somewhere along the way, that became a part of the equation.

Was sad to hear about his wife dying of alcoholism at a relatively young age in the early part of this year as well. While I suppose Vinnie might also be a drinker (possibly even an alcoholic at this point as well), some of his behavior comes across as more along the lines of someone who uses meth. Then again, from some things I was told from someone who lived/lives in the area (when Vinnie was still living in the smaller of the 2 filth-laden Rutherford County/Smyrna TN homes - according to this same person, Vinnie has since moved south, though to where specifically, I was not informed) Vinnie never ever left the property, so I suppose if he WAS partaking in some form of substance abuse, someone was bringing the shit to him. There again? Maybe he has just COMPLETELY and utterly lost all semblance of sanity within the last decade+ and I'm completely mistaken on the drug assumption(s)?

I have no CLUE why I even bother occasionally keeping up with the "Vinnie Vincent story" as I am not, nor was I ever a fan of his. I kinda sorta like the demo of "Back on the Streets" with Vinnie doing the lead vocal - but off the top of my head, that is the only VV song that I am aware of liking even somewhat. Never was much of a fan of that era of KISS and I (just my personal opinion) thought that the 2 VVI albums were a bit ridiculous - then again, I have NEVER enjoyed that whole "shred" style of guitar playing/soloing and most certainly did not like Vinnie's particular take on the style.

Ultimately, in this case, I'm nothing more than an "internet rubbernecker" when it comes to VV; looking occasionally to get an updated glimpse at his descent into further and further madness/insanity.

It is such a foreign concept to me how a person can be so destructive and rejecting of a group of hardcore fans that, even after being shit on consistently for nearly 20 years now, would forgive and forget his transgressions and actions towards them in the blink of an eye if he merely offered up an apology and asked for their help. Many of these people would offer him financial assistance if he was in need (and I have been told that he IS def. in need), musical assistance (use of studios/equipment/etc.) and so on and so forth. Talk about an extreme example of someone "cutting off their nose to spite their face" - whew....I just do NOT understand. VV's main "enemy" is obviously VV. I hope like hell that I personally never end up that deeply mired in some form of extreme mental illness.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Streetbeat

Re: Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_/Metal Sludge

Post by Streetbeat »

everybody notices what's really happening
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, he's the train wreck that keeps on rolling.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

I doubt he's on drugs. Just a few screws loose. But who knows...people change..
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I don't think he is on drugs but would explain a lot. It has been reported before he joined kiss he was but came from one source and not widely mentioned. He was quite a health nut. He didn't like pot on your bus either.
He did take sleeping pills in 80s and always had lots of medication.
It was reported he called some vinnies angels drunk in middle of the night but this is all just what one person has said so can not totally say for sure.
Bye Bye