Vinnie Vincent - The online artist

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Streetbeat

Vinnie Vincent - The online artist

Post by Streetbeat »

What i don't understand is that he could do a complete online career if he really wanted to.
I think i have posted some ideas like this but im sure this won't happen, i think it already did not happen.

Vinnie could get a very cool website with the help of some fan or just his site, facebook fan page
a youtube channel, everything to promote his new career style.

He could record online videos or guitar clinics for youtube with just a webcam and one of
his iconic guitars with comments and post them on youtube and social sites.

He could record a complete instrumental record, bass, and drums with a computer
and could release it on a virtual record label, no need to address studios, no need to hire singers,
well if he want a singer, he could work remotely, everything online.

He loved music so much, it was his fuel his passion, how come did he let everything go?
No statements, just silence and empty promises. Nowadays I think that's what's Vinnie's best at !

I think there are no excuses, he could be doing this for at least 15 years.
poserboy71

Re: Vinnie Vincent - The online artist

Post by poserboy71 »

Sammy, All of us have said this. There is something wrong for him not to be doing this.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Probably zero passion left and he now relates writing music with receiving buttloads of cash to do it (circa 1986).

Mental illness is most likely also an issue.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Other people/artists can do this, our Vinnie can't. Yes its sad, but it's true.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

At one point did Vinnie have a studio at home?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Streetbeat wrote:At one point did Vinnie have a studio at home?
He had a way to listening to certain tapes. A block box with a small speaker inside...

NEWBEGINNINGS
mrblitz

Post by mrblitz »

i thought vinnie had a 2" 24-track or 1" 8-track setup or something in his house.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I don't think he can make music now or is just so depressed he can not get to stage of release. I think all unreleased material is on tape and to unorganised to get to release level and gfh never got finished so will not be released. Nothing but shirts will ever happen.
Bye Bye

Post by 1031 »

I am updating my DAW's studio to Logic pro a Macbook pro w/solid state drive 16g of ram 2 tr external drive and a midi controller for under 2 grand .
Jason Becker a guy that can only move his eyes has put out music using DAWs at home and composed for other's .... There is no excuse Vinnie
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Jason Becker is such an inspiration. His philosophy is incredible. I was thinking he put out his first solo album at 16 or 17 years old. Got to think that was from God, letting him get out his music at such an early age. Most likely if he hadn't of met mike varney so young we would never know his music if he had still gotten such. My guess vv knows nothing of computer recording.
Bye Bye
NatashaTheo

Post by NatashaTheo »

doublev2 wrote:Jason Becker is such an inspiration. His philosophy is incredible. I was thinking he put out his first solo album at 16 or 17 years old. Got to think that was from God, letting him get out his music at such an early age. Most likely if he hadn't of met mike varney so young we would never know his music if he had still gotten such. My guess vv knows nothing of computer recording.
I also believe that he did not know of recording on the computer ...
But I believe we still come amazing things Vinnie, is a stage somewhat difficult it ... But I'm optimistic, no one can leave the music because it will not let the people.
One day is dark and the other is clear.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Unreal. Some of you really think Vinnie is stupid. I don't believe that is the case.
It either boils down to NOT WANTING TO DO IT ANYMORE(which I can relate to) or that he really is unhealthy.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Maybe he put the guitar down for years and he does not play like he used to
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

poserboy71 wrote:Unreal. Some of you really think Vinnie is stupid. I don't believe that is the case.
Me too. The messages he wrote after the jail incident, or the posts he wrote under different names don't sound stupid at all, even if they are full of lies, manipulation or other feelings.
So strange...
say two sky two say fare
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

To me vv's only stupidly is that he let's his ego rule his life. If he was smart enough to kill his ego then he would be free and very intelligent. I don't think you can be smart with a sick voice in your head.
Bye Bye
MickFury1982

Post by MickFury1982 »

It has to be the ego. The man is not stupid he is a musical genius. As he got older the ego took over. The more he did not play the more the chops got rusty and bruised his ego. Mentally he probably feels superior to music like he mastered it and moved on......but reality says he is older, slower, rusty and unrehearsed and his ego won't admit it. A couple of drinks, a lap top, some panda and another night with his Angels is easier and strokes the ego more :). At this point if he just let people help him he COULD have a web presence, remix/rerelease old trax, maybe a book, a few conventions to sell merch/guitars do a few interviews and make a decent living. Not as much as his EGO wants but far more than us normal worker bees get. Please Vinnie reach out and let this happen for yourself, your fans and your musical legacy