VINNE'S CLOSING CHAPTER AUCTION

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion

VINNE'S CLOSING CHAPTER AUCTION

Post by 1031 »

I have thought about the current auction of Vinne stuff and here are my thought's and they wont get you half a cup of coffee at a salvation army soup kitchen, but here goes.

People some times need to close chapters on their lives to move forward, but simply have no intention on doing it despite the urgency to do so no matter who intervene's, Vinne is this type of person, what he is selling is what is left of his Kiss and post Kiss collection, guitars underwear some old card board and worthless copyrights. The asking price's are that of someone in the ilk of Jimmy page or Eric Clapton, super star guitarist's with multiple top selling albums and a long history of influencing music history and other players. While Vinne is or was crazy talented but his actual imprint on music history or as a influencing guitarist was minimal. This does not mean he wasn't talented but there are hundreds of talented guitarist writers that did what he did and they wouldn't dare ask for $90,000 for a guitar or $3500 for a piece of cardboard.

I am all for closing chapters and moving on but you have to actually let go to close that chapter. To move on you have to devalue the past and take a realistic look at why you need to move from where you are. Let me impart the story of Wally, a drum and gear collector of hording proportions. This is a absolute true story and coming to its conclusion as we speak in St. Louis Mo. Wally played drums in a popular band for a short time and collected the most massive drum collection I or anyone may have seen truly a historically important collection as well. Wally lived in house that he filled with drums to the point he had no room for furniture so he moved the furniture out. Then moved to his mothers home and filled that one to the point the furniture was sold when his mother had passed and when there was no room for wally he moved to a shitty cheap apartment in the city in a dangerous neighborhood. Now with two homes full from top to bottom and garages bursting his health bad and his family urging him to do something about it he had a collection that no one ever saw but him.

Wally now wheel chair bound with diabetes and in poor health was told by his brothers to sell the drums or move them out of at least his mothers home so they could sell the home and to have some money to pay for his health needs. Wally after two years of threats by the rest of the family decided to sell his collection. So he got a friend of mine a extremely knowledgeable drum aficionado to help price and facilitate sales. Wally's collection was so impressive he had people from all parts of the country to contact him and travel to see it and make offers. Drum manufactures sent there reps to make offers for pieces for there historical collections. Each time Wally would ether place a price so high the person would refuse or he would after the agreed price and the person traveled a great distance change the price and call the person a carpet bagger. After a famous drummer made the trip to buy a few pieces at a more than fair agreed on price and Wally insulted him. My friend had enough and tried to get me to reason with him. Wally was unmovable claiming that everyone was trying to rip him off his family were vultures only interested in the mothers home, even after presented with empirical evidence of fair market prices over and over he claimed the value to be five times what he was shown. I told my friend Wally will die with his collection and his family will end up selling it off at fire sale prices so your wasting your time. This last June Wally died stacking some snares in the hall of the house from his diabetes because he didn't have the money for the $50 prescription that would have saved his life. He bought two of the snares the day before for $225. The sale is on Saturdays from 8am to 1pm and has been since June and will be till its gone.

I think Vinne is just like Wally, I believe he has been urged to move on or to do things to revive his career or at least generate income. But in reality he has no interest in it, he's stuck in a loop and purposelessly sabotages anything that would cause him to move on. His prices are set so that no one would even bid, despite that more than likely he has no other choice but sell these items just to live. I believe the out come in the end will also be the same. In a few years everything will quietly be sold off at fire sale price.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
poserboy71

Re: VINNE'S CLOSING CHAPTER AUCTION

Post by poserboy71 »

1031 wrote: In a few years everything will quietly be sold off at fire sale price.

To the MOTHERFUCKING Poserboy !!!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

1031, you are 100% right.
i know exactly what you are talking about.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Agreed.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You hit the nail on the head with Wally's sad tale.
Commander in chief - VVF Army

Post by 1031 »

Looks like Rick got the Job done last week for Wallys Family.. http://stlouis.craigslist.org/msg/4755774388.html
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
birnie

Post by birnie »

Jeezus ! That's a terrible story !
....and all too familiar :(