For The Love Of ...

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
poserboy71

For The Love Of ...

Post by poserboy71 »

With Vic's recent topic regarding lifestyle choices, I will share what has been on my mind regarding Vinnie.

The topic of the possibility of him NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAY anymore has been discuss.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, he doesn't want to play at a supposed sub-par level to the technique he was known for.
Unlike a former bandmate who still hits the stage and KNOWINGLY sucks for a high payday , Vinnie cares too much about the music to perform at a low level.

If that is the case, I APPLAUD Vinnie.
Thanks for not returning just to be a shadow of yourself. Keep selling shirts and having auctions.

Vinnie has many more facets to his talent but seems to only want to be known as a shredder while trying to sell modern day Country shlock.

Thanks for staying away and remaining a great memory.

We can safely say that the chance of a big payday for Vinnie is OVER.
Jake returned to only play clubs. Lynch works and releases multiple projects a year while putting his name on every piece of gear he can. MAB can't get arrested in The States and makes his living elsewhere.Had Randy lived, He would be sucking dick for quarters just like all of our old guitar heroes...etc... yadda yadda yadda

Vinnie must come to terms with his demons and return to music SIMPLY because he once loved it ,not for a huge payday.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Re: For The Love Of ...

Post by shramiac »

Yeah, pretty much agree with most of that. Shred was only part of Vinnie's playing though. His sense of melody and song writing would still be as good as anyone else.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

100% agree
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Yes i love his Treasure material
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I believe vinnie only can play when he has a clear mind. No extra worries, no fan boards criticising him, no financial issues. I think his genius can only come out when he is not stressed/upset etc. The problem is that I don't see how that can happen. I am cool to forget the history now and help. I would love it if he was able to get back on the streets. A clear break of past would do it.
Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I agree but the potential of severe mental illness trumps everything.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote:I believe vinnie only can play when he has a clear mind. No extra worries, no fan boards criticising him, no financial issues ...
Let's end the VVFF.

NEWBEGINNINGS
MickFury1982

Post by MickFury1982 »

I don't expect him to come out playing the way he once did and he can't expect to ever make the money he once did.....the money just is not there in the music business anymore. I think it would be cool for him to come out with anything that is yet unreleased and with the internet he can control it with a website and an ITunes store. Maybe he does some interviews/promo, get some merch out there and maybe a convention or two. He won't make millions but he could make a nice living and not live in dumpy old house that looks like he living in squalor. If start up money is an issue there at a lot of people who would help him with these projects for free or cheap just to see him out there again. If his lifestyle choices are his issue he needs to realize he has a TON of fans who don't care about that and would accept him fully for who he is and that was a guitar shredding musical genius. No true fans are going to care about the material things they just want to hear from him in any way they can. I hope one day he realizes this before its to late
You can also call me LEE ROY WASHINGTON!

Post by 1031 »

I seriously doubt that any noble thought process like if I am not the best I am not playing came in to it. Its more likely "if there not paying me a butt load of cash I will deny them my talent."
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Yep...
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Vinnie is Lord. He expects large amounts of money just to be seen. We cannot pull large amounts of cash from our asses so we are not worthy :/
MickFury1982

Post by MickFury1982 »

Well obviously he is a mental case, ala Syd Barrett or something, if he is willing to live in financially dire straits and dumpy old shacks to spite people he does not know due to a inflated view of his overall worth when he has not done anything in almost 20 years??? Obviously the lawyer is not giving sound advice either and is just milking him for song royalty checks?? SAD :(
You can also call me LEE ROY WASHINGTON!
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) is a Cluster B personality disorder[1] in which a person is excessively preoccupied with personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity, mentally unable to see the destructive damage they are causing to themselves and to others in the process. It is estimated that this condition affects one percent of the population.[2][3] First formulated in 1968, NPD was historically called megalomania, and is a form of severe egocentrism.[4]

Symptoms
People who are diagnosed with a narcissistic personality disorder are characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance. They have a sense of entitlement and demonstrate grandiosity in their beliefs and behavior. They have a strong need for admiration, but lack feelings of empathy

There are more symptoms but this pretty much sums it up
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

AnkhWarrior wrote:Vinnie is Lord. He expects large amounts of money just to be seen. We cannot pull large amounts of cash from our asses so we are not worthy :/
I owe him a few bucks in recent years then.

I will say this about the homes in Smyrna, they were very nice middle class homes that were neglected. Very nice properties that most folks would be proud to live in . Sadly they weren't proud

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

He is depressed and has major sleep disorder. No way he can work like this. I wish he would give in and just let his kids help him or something.
Bye Bye