Vinnie Vincent Box Set

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
warmachine:D

Vinnie Vincent Box Set

Post by warmachine:D »

What year was this supposed to be released..? Because I just found one I think.. It says it's from 2005. But I thought he sent out a few in 1998 or around then ? Was there 2? I'M SO CONFUSED. :shock: And, if you haven't noticed, I'm not the brightest kid ever :P Hahaa...
1SG of the VVFF Army
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It was a late 90's release. No idea what you may have found that was from 2005.

Also, there was never a full box set made. Only the box prototype has been seen, none of the contents.

Got a link?
Commander in chief - VVF Army

Genebaby wrote:It was a late 90's release. No idea what you may have found that was from 2005.

Also, there was never a full box set made. Only the box prototype has been seen, none of the contents.

Got a link?
Now it's gone.. :?
1SG of the VVFF Army
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Where was it?
doublev

Post by doublev »

box set i thought was 1996 . slayer knows as he ordered it. but not 2005. where is this boxset you are talking about? i am 99.99999% sure its not going to be from 2005
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The questions that I asked myself when I first saw the pictures above is if that is Vinnie that took those pictures in his house. Was he trying to show us after all these years that there was a real attempt at producing these? Did he make just one box? Did he plan to just take the money and run? Why couldn't he just dub the tapes off and send them out? Did anyone get their money back? Did anyone take Vinnie to small claims court? How could he live with himself knowing he outright fucked people over ?

Slayer (Uncle Kev) , What were your actions (if any) towards Vinnie? You don't seem to be a passive individual.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

i think he must have planned to do it, but something happened. Why he would not explain is anyones guess and why most people take the stance that it was a rip off.
My theory is that he just got pissed off with his fans like he has now, the project was way behind the release date and maybe fans were calling demanding their money back etc and he just got pissed and pulled it. I just can not see it being a total scam but its possible, especially as nothing was official said.

What I bet is he fell out with someone, most likely the engineer putting out the project and that was that.

Its a pattern however.. he announces releases that are not 100% sure they even will happen.

On another note he works alone and this stuff maybe just too much for him to handle. That's where I thought I could come in, but that didn't happen. And now I'm pretty happy it didn't.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

doublev wrote:box set i thought was 1996 . slayer knows as he ordered it. but not 2005. where is this boxset you are talking about? i am 99.99999% sure its not going to be from 2005
We ordered the box set in January of 1997 for Valentine's Day 1997. We ordered Euphoria at the same time and it was delivered lightning fast like within a week along with a letter from Metaluna Records, guitar picks, merchandising catalog and a signed picture. It was stated that there would be a short delay for the Archives and here we are 13 years later.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

poserboy71 wrote:The questions that I asked myself when I first saw the pictures above is if that is Vinnie that took those pictures in his house. Was he trying to show us after all these years that there was a real attempt at producing these? Did he make just one box? Did he plan to just take the money and run? Why couldn't he just dub the tapes off and send them out? Did anyone get their money back? Did anyone take Vinnie to small claims court? How could he live with himself knowing he outright fucked people over ?

Slayer (Uncle Kev) , What were your actions (if any) towards Vinnie? You don't seem to be a passive individual.
After repeated contacts in writing and one phone conversation with Diane Cusano we sent a formal request for a refund of our $125 via certified mail on January 22nd, 1998 about 11 month's after initially sending Vinnie $125 for the Archives. I'll post Vinnie's response in a separate post.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Here's a link to a PDF File to substantiate my previous statements. Our "Guitar Hero" stole my wife's money. We didn't pursue legal action because it was not enough money and too far a distance away to fight. After being a year late in delivering the goods paid for he still defiantly refused to issue a refund.

Can you imagine trying to buy an $8,000 guitar from this guy?

http://www.mediafire.com/?rn5cavbq0uua4fq
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Maybe Mr. Perfection is still working on the box set. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The final response from him agitates me. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

NEWBEGINNINGS

Genebaby wrote:Where was it?
Sorry for the late reply. It was on amazon.com Actually, I asked someone to buy this for me, and they did. So THAT'S why it's gone now. When/IF I actually get something, i'll post a picture or something. I'm pretty sure I just wasted $60. It's probably just a box. Or nothing. :P Okay-also someone posted a picture of the "empty box set", and the picture didn't look like that at all .. I think I called it the wrong thing, too. The item was called "Invasion/All Systems Go [Box Set, Limited Edition, Import]" so yea. Not sure what the deal is with this... The picture looked like this
http://www.kissfaq.com/krr/related/vinn ... nt_2cd.jpg
1SG of the VVFF Army

Also, I'd just like to say- whoever has even just that BOX of the box set is freakin lucky! I better atleast get a box. :evil:
1SG of the VVFF Army

Genebaby wrote:It was a late 90's release. No idea what you may have found that was from 2005.

Got a link?

1SG of the VVFF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Warmachine, That is a legitimate release. Nothing new or extra. I believe it is only the first two albums in a box. CORRECT??? :? :? :?

NEWBEGINNINGS

poserboy71 wrote:Warmachine, That is a legitimate release. Nothing new or extra. I believe it is only the first two albums in a box. CORRECT??? :? :? :?
Oh well that's good!!! I didn't expect anything new.. I just wanted the box cause it's purty :roll:
1SG of the VVFF Army
doublev

Post by doublev »

kevin, that last letter is the biggest fuck you i can imagine. you wait a year and they say all sales are final. big time assholes and no sympathy.

the first letter is vinnie for sure, i think the second maybe too.

Disturbing to me is also the 900 number. But thats just opinion.

I don't think the archives were anywhere near close. Maybe they were trying to raise the money from pre-sales and didn't get enough.

pretty awful and this needs to be addressed correctly by vv.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, that's the first two albums in a box, which is pretty cool to have. I hope you get it!

What format do you have the first two albums in? Do you have Euphoria?
doublev

Post by doublev »

no info came out about the 2 album boxset. Its hard to know if VV had say in it or not.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

:shock:

im shocked
doublev

Post by doublev »

street.. you mean about the metaluna letter? it is very bad and non sympathetic. terrible really. i am guessing but i think vinnie wrote that letter. I think Metaluna was Diane and Vinnie only.

Genebaby wrote:Yes, that's the first two albums in a box, which is pretty cool to have. I hope you get it!

What format do you have the first two albums in? Do you have Euphoria?

I have the first 2 albums on vinyl, and I have Euphoria, but on mp3
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

yes !
what does "all sales are final" mean ?
doublev

Post by doublev »

nothing was sold!!!!!No sales at all! this is against the law. There are consumer rights. Funny, really strange wording and very cold.
doublev

Post by doublev »

after reading that i feel that it was a calculated scam.
doublev

Post by doublev »

kev, i wouldn't give over a dime for that guitar unless it was with a retailer. No way would I give it directly to v or metaluna.. and that kind of cash I would not hand over directly to a small guitar making company however trustworthy as small companies going into bankrupcy very quickly without any fuss and it tends to be once they got a big order. I would buy in person, an exchange but no pre-order deposit.. no way! Not for that much anyway.

If I were AZG I would not send the guitars for approval either.. that would be the last time we see those.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev wrote:nothing was sold!!!!!No sales at all! this is against the law. There are consumer rights. Funny, really strange wording and very cold.

The statute of limitations is probably long since elapsed.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

poserboy71 wrote:The final response from him agitates me. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Me too 13 years later! But as far as Vinnie is concerned I'm a fucking asshole and a bad fan! What about the fact that I continued to purchase his merchandise afterwards like the very forgetable "Speed Ball Jam". Vinnie even had the audacity to piss on his fans one more time by subtitling "Speedball Jam" the Vinnie Vincent Archives Volume 1.

Vinnie, I'll tell you what I would be real happy for you to prove me wrong and show the world that your not really a schyster by just releasing the music that you have spoken of and your guitar line from AZG. No apologies needed just step up and do the professional thing (for once) and count your money.

And if you don't ------- Fuck you!
doublev

Post by doublev »

Speedball was advertised as a new album with new songs from the company that was selling it. I preordered it on that basis. They had an official ad posted to pyros old board too with no word about it having no tunes on it. To me it was very deceptive. The company did refund me however as I didn't want it out of being misled.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

doublev wrote:kevin, that last letter is the biggest fuck you i can imagine. you wait a year and they say all sales are final. big time assholes and no sympathy.

the first letter is vinnie for sure, i think the second maybe too.

Disturbing to me is also the 900 number. But thats just opinion.

I don't think the archives were anywhere near close. Maybe they were trying to raise the money from pre-sales and didn't get enough.

pretty awful and this needs to be addressed correctly by vv.
Dino,
Years ago you preferred the discussion to be limited regarding the Archives and because of your quest which I respected and also would have liked to see I didn't share all this information. When it came to editting on the DoubleV Forum I always understood and told you repeatedly that it was your forum and I respected you to run it as you saw fit. With this said I'm still a Vinnie Fan. My issue no longer concerns the money rather that he stole from the woman that I married and is careless about it. This is just one illustration of the what Vinnie shows now in personality traits he was symptomatic of 15 years ago as well. Diane may be the only person that he treats well and that would be because of a high degree of dependence on her and I hope that he loves her.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

doublev wrote:kev, i wouldn't give over a dime for that guitar unless it was with a retailer. No way would I give it directly to v or metaluna.. and that kind of cash I would not hand over directly to a small guitar making company however trustworthy as small companies going into bankrupcy very quickly without any fuss and it tends to be once they got a big order. I would buy in person, an exchange but no pre-order deposit.. no way! Not for that much anyway.

If I were AZG I would not send the guitars for approval either.. that would be the last time we see those.
Dino,
I agree! I'm not here to suggest to anyone how to spend their money only to suggest that they be careful and use common sense. The scientific principle says that "the past is the key to the future". There would be nothing wrong with anyone handing Tom Palecki money for a guitar that they have played and liked in exchange as you have stated.
doublev

Post by doublev »

yeah. I think AZG would be great place to buy, but I am just saying a 4k deposit is too risky. If I had that kind of money I would only exchange in person or use ebay or something .. maybe. But it would have to be already made either way. I know buying from somewhere like guitar center is also a risk but it feels safer. I think just the history of the box set is what would concern me most.

As for someone like Monster.. I was concerned at first but he delivered as far as I know and that builds up trust as well as it not being a huge deposit anyway.
doublev

Post by doublev »

in regard to the old board. i wanted to stop all the negative talk and hopefully give vinnie a clean slate to start from. i know there was a lot of shit and it had all been said. i felt it was not going to help to keep going over the boxset and what other people had said about him. i think the board was a good base for vinnie to make a come back and i wanted to forgive and forget. i thought that was the only way. But when the same thing happend to me and all of us... then i think it was a case of be careful what you wish for. The only good that came out of it is we know VV is out there some what and at least I know the rumours are some what correct.
we made it easy for him... now its very very difficult for him, but it was his choice.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Exactly Dino and Kev.
metatron

Post by metatron »

This explains who holding on to these box sets....look @ the boxes stack behind him....case closed.:D :lol: :D
Image :lol:
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev

Post by doublev »

I heard Paul listens to Speedball Jamm all the time. especially on the tour bus.
doublev

Post by doublev »

he also said that he met VV at an LA Guns show in Hollywood in like 2008. I could not see VV hanging out at an LA Guns show after what happened as well as the fact that Traci Guns was invited to join Slaughter during the ASG tour (behind VV's back).
birnie

Post by birnie »

Thanks for posting those letters Slayer.
What an eye opener!

ps....damn that penis poo is annoying! :lol:

pps....Where did the prices come from for the new guitar?
I've heard 8k total with 4k deposit but never heard an official statement?
Are these prices guesses or did i miss something???maybe after i got kicked off the old board lol
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

No one has heard anything OFFICIAL. :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

i posted on the kissfaq board. that place is so painful i will not go back.. heard that shit millions of times.. just a bunch of 13 year olds it seems like.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

yes i read it .. but don't worry, just stick to it !
doublev

Post by doublev »

street.. what do you mean 'stick to it' ..

I wonder if 'stick it to ya' by Slaughter was actually meant for VV. Most likely now I think about it it was an insult to him along with 'burnin' bridges'
Last edited by doublev on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

i mean , on the KISSFAQ its like that, you have to get used or just ignore the turds , there are nice folks over there as well
doublev

Post by doublev »

ok, i just don't have time to listen to that old school fighting. I didn't even know they had a forum until poserboy pointed it out.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Streetbeat wrote:yes i read it .. but don't worry, just stick to it !
Like Uncle Kev's avatar to a blanket!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

birnie wrote:Thanks for posting those letters Slayer.
What an eye opener!

ps....damn that penis poo is annoying! :lol:

pps....Where did the prices come from for the new guitar?
I've heard 8k total with 4k deposit but never heard an official statement?
Are these prices guesses or did i miss something???maybe after i got kicked off the old board lol
The $8000 figure has been discussed repeatedly by members of the board here but nothing is official obviously until it is released. Let's wait and see if it ever sees the light of day but that figure was to be $4000 for Tom and $4000 for Vinnie in the end including the deposit. I actually heard the figure of 12 grand for a double neck version but please let's wait and see and I would love to be wrong and see the cost be less for those that are interested.
doublev

Post by doublev »

I don't know the break down of who gets what but also the overseas shipping was like 2 k . Most likely with customs import charges it could cost 13 to 15 k to send to europe
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The deposit system is not going to work for anything Vinnie sells.

If the new guitar was a Jackson, and you ordered through the Custom Shop, that would be different.