Vinnie Vincent Box Set

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

I was completely unaware of VV's shenanigans until I discovered this forum. Having just ready those letters from "metaluna" (courtesy of Slayer) I can't help but wonder how come so many fans were duped by this guy? That first letter contains so many ridiculous promises. Seriously, a 900 number to contact and speak to Vinnie directly? What an ass-hole.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You got this far without hearing about any of it before? That's pretty good.

I do believe the box set was intended to be released. If it wasn't then he may as well have promised the CD set I would have actually wanted to buy, rather than the cassette tapes.

Maybe he was able to copy the tapes himself but couldn't do CD's, which at the time was more difficult.

Lucky for me as I did not part with any cash for tapes.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev

Post by doublev »

i think the same thing with the box set as the promise of new music this year. It's all announced before budgeted or considered feasible and I also bet he got really pissed at fans or hassling him and asking him where it is.. enough to cancel the project. I think he has great intentions but just can not deliver. On his defence a little, he really is a one man team and its always going to be a struggle, but the attitude stinks.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Is he being a one man team to keep costs down or to keep more $$$ in his pocket if something is released?

If he is after more $$$ per unit then a rethink is in order to get some proper help like everyone else and actually have something released so there are some actual $$$ coming in.

Otherwise we have the situation we are in now, no product for us, no $$$ for Vinnie.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Euphoria96

Re:

Post by Euphoria96 »

metatron wrote:This explains who holding on to these box sets....look @ the boxes stack behind him....case closed.:D :lol: :D
Image :lol:
I was looking for this photo.. Thank you :!: :!: