Jackson Custom Shop VV Replica Guitars On eBay

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
thattimeofyear87

Jackson Custom Shop VV Replica Guitars On eBay

Post by thattimeofyear87 »

2014 USA Jackson Custom Shop RR1 KISS Vinnie Vincent Lick It Up guitar with case
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-USA-Jackso ... 51c1fd03a6

Description: Here is a custom Jackson Rhoads RR1 from the professionals at Jackson's Custom Shop, It's a tribute of the KISS Vinnie Vincent Lick It Up guitar but not an exact replica

- Rhoads RR1
- Alder body
- Platinum Pink finish
- Neck-thru body with quartersawn maple
- Standard headstock
- Ebony fingerboard
- 22 frets
- 12" to 16" compound radius
- Sharkfin pearl inlays
- Jumbo frets
- Ivoroid neck and headstock binding
- Matching paint on neck
- 1.6875" nut width
- 25.5" scale length
- Jackson 80's logo
- Black hardware
- Black pickguard
- Gotoh non-locking tuners with J
- Recessed Floyd Rose bridge
- Locking Floyd Rose nut
- Black pickup rings
- 3 position toggle switch
- Volume Knob, 2 Tone Knobs
- Seymour Duncan TB-4 JB Bridge Pickup
- Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB Neck Pickup
- SKB Jackson case

2014 USA Jackson Custom Shop RR1 KISS Vinnie Vincent Creatures guitar with OHSC
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-USA-Jackso ... 27e875c18b

Description: Here is a custom Jackson Rhoads RR1 from the professionals at Jackson's Custom Shop, It's a tribute the KISS Vinnie Vincent Creatures of the night guitar but not an exact replica.... Masterbuilt by none other then Mike Shannon. This is NOT a Custom Select guitar. This is the REAL DEAL!

- Rhoads RR1
- Alder body
- Sparkle Gold finish
- Neck-thru body with quartersawn maple
- Standard headstock
- Rosewood fingerboard
- 22 frets
- 12" to 16" compound radius
- Reverse Sharkfin pearl inlays
- Jumbo frets
- Ivoroid neck and headstock binding
- Matching paint on neck and headstock
- 1 11/16" nut width
- 25.5" scale length
- Jackson 90's logo with Custom Shop logo
- Chrome hardware
- Chrome pickguard
- Standard Gotoh tuners with Jackson logo
- Standard top mount Floyd Rose bridge
- Locking Floyd Rose nut
- Black pickup rings
- 3 position toggle switch
- Master volume knob, neck pickup tone knob, bridge pickup tone knob
- EMG 81 Bridge Pickup
- Seymour Duncan SH-2N zebra Neck Pickup
- SKB Jackson case
shramiac

Re: Jackson Custom Shop VV Replica Guitars On eBay

Post by shramiac »

Yeah, we spoke about these in the eBay section of the board.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The pink one is a big fail with the recessed trem.

It's strange that someone ordered these, for immediate sale it seems. I'm wondering why they thought there would be a keen buyer fairly quickly.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Looks like the wrong color pink too. Vv's was a reder pink. The creatures one looks better to me.
Bye Bye
thattimeofyear87

Post by thattimeofyear87 »

Pretty tough crowd. "Replica" would be the key word to apply here.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

They are both beautiful and although the non recessed bridge is not authentic I think that we can all agree that it is in fact more functional
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Don't take it to heart Tim, I would not even mention Vinnie in the blurb for the pink one, it's just a pink Rhoads.

The gold one is a decent replica and totally Vinnie.

Kev, I, like EVH, only go down with the bar, so the amount of upward pull is plenty for me.

I am fine with either from a general playing point of view.
rock1ankh

Post by rock1ankh »

wow, the difference in price is exorbitant, I would pay ten thousand dollars, each more or less , this damn country with skyrocketing taxes, I don't know if because the dollar is worth this much lately, but still not get into my budget it would be easier I definitely do one in luthier
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

So let me say it this way, the recessed bridge I.M.O. will do everything that the standard mount will do and more. Being a modification guy if I was going to do a Vinnie Guitar I would be in favor of making any improvement available that was offered since 1983 or 1986. A tribute doesn't have to be an identical match to me just inspired by. I think that it is debatable if Vinnie were still active whether he would still use that old non fine tuning Floyd Rose. In support of this Vinnie had Tom build the 4 guitars for the Namm Show with modern Floyd's. I do understand and respect those who have a different or even opposite opinion though.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I hear ya Kev. For me, going to the extreme of finding a non-fine tuning OFR is not necessary, but I would leave the Floyd on top of the guitar. Recessing it changes the neck angle and therefore the feel, which doesn't bother me, I have both types and am fine with them.

Oddly enough I'm not sure what started the recess craze as you can just route out some wood behind the trem, like Charvel/Jackson did do, and get the same amount of pull up, while keeping the neck angled.

For some reason there was some big push to have the neck flat like old Strats.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote:
Oddly enough I'm not sure what started the recess craze as you can just route out some wood behind the trem, like Charvel/Jackson did do, and get the same amount of pull up, while keeping the neck angled.

For some reason there was some big push to have the neck flat like old Strats.

Brad Gillis
was the first guy that I remember talking about and showing his Floyd recess in Guitar Player magazine.
I believe it was THIS issue that made people fully aware even though I believe he discussed it long before this.

Steve Vai followed suit.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Genebaby wrote: Recessing it changes the neck angle and therefore the feel,

HUH???????

The lower the better for my right hand.................quiet from the peanut gallery as there is no pun intended! :twisted:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Shrammie, before this they had a LP style angle to the neck and body, after it was like a Strat, strings much closer to the body.

The angle of the neck, recessed Floyd or not, makes zero difference to the action. I probably like it too low, it's a problem sometimes.

Rick, I'm just wondering how, even with Steve Vai and Brad into it, that it became industry norm since then the recess the Floyd. Since then not recessing it has been the exception.

Funny thing, the Production Model Charvels have recessed Floyds since manufacture moved to Mexico after the US and then Japan.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote:
Rick, I'm just wondering how, even with Steve Vai and Brad into it, that it became industry norm since then the recess the Floyd. Since then not recessing it has been the exception.
It is just something that went along with the Floyd.

Jeff Beck has ALWAY angled his standard trem to be able to pull up.
Check out how much space he has ...

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yngwie too.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I love my action high. Really high. Why not?
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

:lol:
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Jeff's Strat still has the same neck angle as before, you can see the fretboard is level with the body, he does that to achieve what he wants from his trem.

It isn't something that just went along with the Floyd as for years it was mounted above, making guitars with those trems have a neck angle similar to a LP, rather than their non-Floyded strat brothers.

As I said, I like it both ways (oo-er), I just wonder why the entire industry changed. Just wondering.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I have no idea how Yngwie and Beck get those pesky sychronized trems to return to 0 degree consistently

Post by 1031 »

Jeff Beck uses a two point trem and has since they were available, Malmsteen has always used a vintage style trem . There is a big difference in what they can do and stay in tune, be playable and not damage the body. The tremolo was invented by the devil.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"

Post by 1031 »

Genebaby wrote: The angle of the neck, recessed Floyd or not, makes zero difference to the action. I probably like it too low, it's a problem sometimes.
Not true.. actually one defines the other. This may help.
http://www.tundraman.com/Guitars/NeckAngle/index.php

tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

I like two points strat tremolos, you can do nice fluttering effects, the trem bar stays in place (not like the Floyds after a while) and the guitar stays in tune. Also, there are no fine tuning screws, so you can hit the bridge with your hand or fingers.
Jeff Beck and Vinnie often do/did flutter. I was wondering who did invent this technique, and when. Was it before the Floyds ?
Attachments
IMG_0539.JPG
say two sky two say fare
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

1031 wrote:
Genebaby wrote: The angle of the neck, recessed Floyd or not, makes zero difference to the action. I probably like it too low, it's a problem sometimes.
I stand by what I said, as we are talking about guitars that have bee designed correctly already.

That example is if you're building your own guitar from scratch and might be stupid enough to not use the correct bridge for the neck angle you're using.

The top mounted Floyd's VS recessed lose NOTHING to each other in regards to the action that is achievable, so I was confused why it was brought up.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I see what you're saying Vic. I think in regards to modern day bolt-ons, angle doesn't matter as the heel can be shaved down. Maybe I'm just used to my ultra thin Ibanez necks though?

It all depends on how your picking hand feels. I like to have the heel of my palm on the body, hence a non-recessed Floyd sits way too high....but no you're still not getting HER just because she's got a non recessed! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Well maybe you'll get her one day...but then the police will be after you! :wink:

Remember Vai's green meanie Charvel with the "ramp" for his palm to rest on because it only had a rear route to pull up?

Last edited by shramiac on Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

shramiac wrote:I see what you're saying Vic. I think in regards to modern day bolt-ons, angle doesn't matter as the heel can be shaved down. Maybe I'm just used to my ultra thin Ibanez necks though?

It all depends on how your picking hand feels. I like to have the heel of my palm on the body, hence a non-recessed Floyd sits way too high....but no you're still not getting her just because she's got a non recessed! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Well maybe you'll get her one day...but then the police will be after you! :wink:

Remember Vai's green meanie Charvel with the "ramp" for his palm to rest on because it only had a rear route to pull up?

Or shim the neck heel if you still want the relief. Shaving is permanent :-)
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Typical Kev!!! :roll: :twisted: :lol:

What is that blue sucka you've got there by the way tukoz?
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

tukoztukoz wrote:I like two points strat tremolos, you can do nice fluttering effects, the trem bar stays in place (not like the Floyds after a while) and the guitar stays in tune. Also, there are no fine tuning screws, so you can hit the bridge with your hand or fingers.
Jeff Beck and Vinnie often do/did flutter. I was wondering who did invent this technique, and when. Was it before the Floyds ?
This blue sparkle guitar looks sweet!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

shramiac wrote:I see what you're saying Vic. I think in regards to modern day bolt-ons, angle doesn't matter as the heel can be shaved down. Maybe I'm just used to my ultra thin Ibanez necks though?

It all depends on how your picking hand feels. I like to have the heel of my palm on the body, hence a non-recessed Floyd sits way too high....but no you're still not getting HER just because she's got a non recessed! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Well maybe you'll get her one day...but then the police will be after you! :wink:

Basically what I'm saying about the angle and the action is, if you can't get the action low, the guitar has been incorrectly made, it's not at all do with where the bridge is in relation to the body.

I rest my hand on the Floyd so it doesn't matter if it's recessed or not, and I don't mind the changes with the string height in regards to recessed or not. I guess that's a handy thing.

The guitars I used to play live with were 24 fret, bolt-ons with recessed Floyds. Now I'm playing 22 fret, bolt-ons with non-recessed Floyds.

One day I'll have my sweetness......one day..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Post by 1031 »

Genebaby wrote:
1031 wrote:
I stand by what I said, as we are talking about guitars that have bee designed correctly already.

That example is if you're building your own guitar from scratch and might be stupid enough to not use the correct bridge for the neck angle you're using.

The top mounted Floyd's VS recessed lose NOTHING to each other in regards to the action that is achievable, so I was confused why it was brought up.
I get what your saying now.. I had to read it about six times LOL .. Sometimes I just go to technical mode, I get guys wanting to top mount floyd's on non angled necks about every three months or so and have to go through the schpeal . But yes you are absolutely correct ! In fact as far as a trem goes the floyd set up right will allow lower action and still give all the wang you need "especially back pull" than any two point or vintage style trem and no it does not matter if its top or recessed ""given that it is (insert robs tech ramble) "

But yes you are correct !! LOL !!

tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

shramiac » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:13 am
What is that blue sucka you've got there by the way tukoz?
It’s my sawed strat I posted pics of in another topic here « post pictures of your Fender axes ».

This blue sparkle guitar looks sweet!
I borrowed glitter blue paint/glue from my daughter and put it on the guitar. Easy to do, but it didn’t correct everything about the shape imperfections…

I remember I saw Cronos (Venom’s bass player) on TV around 1986, , with a sawed bass (cross-shaped…) yelling « blooooodluuuuuust »… I think it gave me the idea of sawing two guitars a few years after, in the early nineties (alternative music, alternative guitars…). Robert Smith (the Cure) sawed a nice original Jazzmaster in the nineties (the « Fish » guitar). Collector’s spirit wasn’t really alive then.
One of my sawed guitars is a US strat, and the other is the first guitar I had - I don’t know if I should tell this in a Kiss-related forum – a PS 10 , waiting to find its original shape again…
Now I think I shouldn’t have done that, and I don’t modify my guitars at all, or just slightly.

Any idea about who was the first guitar player to flutter ?
say two sky two say fare
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Ed Van Halen?

Who was the first to flutter and was it in the 1970's or earlier?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

1031 wrote:
Genebaby wrote:
1031 wrote:

I get what your saying now.. I had to read it about six times LOL .. Sometimes I just go to technical mode, I get guys wanting to top mount floyd's on non angled necks about every three months or so and have to go through the schpeal . But yes you are absolutely correct ! In fact as far as a trem goes the floyd set up right will allow lower action and still give all the wang you need "especially back pull" than any two point or vintage style trem and no it does not matter if its top or recessed ""given that it is (insert robs tech ramble) "

But yes you are correct !! LOL !!
Ah, gotcha, I don't have people asking to majorly change a guitar so I don't think from that angle. I know the rules and I stick with them.

This reminds me, one of the disappointments for me with my GMW custom guitar was that the neck was shimmed to create the angle needed for the top mount Floyd, which I had ordered that way.

The worst part was that the shimming material used was able to fall out and I was concerned that the neck would not always be at the same and correct angle if I was working on the guitar.

For a guitar custom ordered it was a major disappointment so when I sent it back one of the things they did was recess it to match the angle they had cut the neck pocket. They did a perfect job on the body. There is a graphic but you can't tell it wasn't done that way in the first place.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Brad Gillis was into the flutter big time.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Slayer wrote:
I will go with Hendrix or Beck.

I lean towards Beck.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

poserboy71 wrote:
Slayer wrote:
I will go with Hendrix or Beck.

I lean towards Beck.
Sounds like good guesses to me Rick but I don't remember their synchronized trem's floating to allow fluttering back in the 60's or early 70's? It will be interesting to hear what the correct answer is so that I can go back and research it and learn more.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I would say beck. Gary more used it a lot when he was using that san dimas
Bye Bye
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

To me, flutter = Jeff Beck in the mid/early eighties. Vinnie’s flutter is also great on the first Invasion record. It seems he didn’t flutter with Kiss and before Kiss, that's why I think it was new in 1985-6.
I cannot find when Jeff Beck started to use this technique.
say two sky two say fare
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Maybe even BLACKMORE ...

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

tukoztukoz wrote: It seems he didn’t flutter with Kiss and before Kiss
There is live footage from the LIU tour where Vinnie is doing it during his solo! Gillis and Vai are best known for it though.

Not surprised at all if Beck was doing it though. In the movie Twins, he is in the house band at a club (Arnie, "But you're forgetting the second rule of combat"!) and he has a little flutter during the solo whilst playing a Strat....what he recorded the song with in the studio though...who knows?