Paul/Gene's Latest Thoughts On Vinnie Vincent

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
thattimeofyear87

Paul/Gene's Latest Thoughts On Vinnie Vincent

Post by thattimeofyear87 »

From the new issue of "Guitar World," Paul and Gene's most recent thoughts on Vinnie:

Paul Stanley: Vinnie had an incredible touch and an incredible knowledge of the guitar. But left to his own devices he'd hang himself. For somebody who could play so brilliantly and so tastefully, it became more about how much he could play rather than what he played. And, ultimately, I couldn't understand what he chose to play. And that's not taking into account all the other stuff about hymn, which I think haas been well documented.

Gene Simmons: He was a much more accomplished musician [than Ace Frehley]. Understood some jazz. Could play faster. He was a big fan of all that sort of hurricane machine-gun stuff. But he was not as pure in his personality. We wrote "I Love It Loud" together, although he hated me for telling him what to play in the solo. But the guy could write songs. The guy could sing. He could play rings around most anybody. But with all due respect to Vinnie, it was a fucking nightmare. And it continues to be. That guy sued us 14 times and lost 14 times. But I wouldn't wish his life on anybody. He's had a lot of grief. A lot of trouble. And I feel sad that he didn't understand the gift and the opportunity he was given.
shramiac

Re: Paul/Gene's Latest Thoughts On Vinnie Vincent

Post by shramiac »

Fair enough comments I guess?!

Such a shame we didn't get 10+ Vinnie era KISS albums! :(
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
thattimeofyear87

Post by thattimeofyear87 »

Yeah. But I was surprised at Paul's opening sentence. So rare for him to comment on Vinnie's guitar ability nowadays. Wish he would have said something about his writing skills.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

thattimeofyear87 wrote: Wish he would have said something about his writing skills.
Couldn't do that as he is jealous! 8)
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

shramiac wrote:
thattimeofyear87 wrote: Wish he would have said something about his writing skills.
Couldn't do that as he is jealous! 8)
I was just gonna post the same thing! Eisen will compliment Vinnie's lead guitar skills because he doesn't view himself as a lead player. But Paul considers himself the alpha songwriter so no songwriting compliments for Cusano. :roll:
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I think it's very fair comments. No way I'm hell would vinnie be that civil to them regarding talent
Bye Bye
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Though I found the comments about poor Mark St. John distasteful I have to say that these statements about Cusano are quite fairly put by both Paul and Gene. They are both balanced in fairly praising the good while still acknowledging the obvious shortcomings. I didn't see this level of balance in the Mark St. John post.

Kev
dega

Post by dega »

Gene genuinely has a degree of compassion for VV. I thought what he said was pretty respectable. Paul seems like the kind of guy to doesn't like to give out compliments. All in all, they couldn't deny his talents. I think this is great publicity for VV.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Slayer wrote:Though I found the comments about poor Mark St. John distasteful I have to say that these statements about Cusano are quite fairly put by both Paul and Gene. They are both balanced in fairly praising the good while still acknowledging the obvious shortcomings. I didn't see this level of balance in the Mark St. John post.

Kev
Kev, the thing is I think both Paul & Gene are aware of the the almighty VVFF and know, the power of the fans. Think of KISS like this well looked after vintage car. This car has had many parts replaced, but it's still a gem. VVFF is a quarter...Ever seen what a simple little old quarter can do to the nice polished Duco of a car. :wink:

Sadly MSJ doesn't have such an Army of fans, so he'd be an easy target for not just Gene & Paul to pay out on, but for most of the 'other' wanna-be try hard johnny cum late fuckwits KISS fans (you know who you r....dickheads) to take a cheap shot at

So in saying that, we the people of the VVFF have fortified Vinnie Vincent against the beating Paul, Gene & the wanna-be-try-hard fans would be have dished out to Vinnie.
I know Vinnie, I know...Deep down inside the bottom of your heart, :shock: you want to thank Vic for making this beautiful fan forum, paying homage to all things related to Vinnie Vincent and also you wanting to thank us, the fans for being the defenders of the faith.
But hey! buddy, :D :D :D no thanks need, it's all good, we know you love us.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Certainly Fratello!
It is well known that an elder here has connections to communications that can reach Chaim Witz so yes they are well aware of the V.V.F.F.

Your final paragraph in green had me laughing out of my chair as you discuss how a clinical bi-polar agoraphobic has feelings of thanks for the plethora of work and research that has been conducted by the V.V.F.F. Founder and other elders here and is grateful and feels love for his fans "Defending the Faith" L.M.F.A.O.

Come al solito sono d'accordo con molte delle parole che si Stato

Kevino
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Deep down I know Vinnie loves me.......... ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Genebaby wrote:Deep down I know Vinnie loves me.......... ;)

Well he should as you deserve it for everything that you have in fact done for him even if you never kissed his ass
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It's probably calling it like it is and not kissing ass constantly which will get me removed from the Xmas card list.

Even if he can't see it, he needs tough love. Working with suck ups has not done him any favours so far.

Commander in chief - VVF Army

Post by 1031 »

G&P both know talent when they see it, they also know crazy when they see it. I think both were on point with there comments and also seemed genuine.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"