John Norum,BOTS

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
dkraven

John Norum,BOTS

Post by dkraven »

Heavy on the keyboards, not really my style. Overall, not a bad version. Why did Norum go with such a mellow solo though?

[youtube][/youtube]
PinkWiz

Re: John Norum,BOTS

Post by PinkWiz »

Could just never dig this version after hearing the VVI one. I still prefer the VV Warrior version with Cusano on lead vocals over all of them.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

dkraven wrote:Why did Norum go with such a mellow solo though?
Probably because it suited the song. It's a great solo.

Vinnie's is way too over the top..............though I freaking love it! :twisted: 8)
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
SimonSays

Post by SimonSays »

Can someone explain it to me has John Norum rights to this song or he just made a cover of VVI version? And why VVI did not release the video for this song and why after only one year John Norum did it ?;p
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

John just did a cover. I have found this info about it from a Europe message board.
The reason John decided to put the song on the album was because of Göran Edman. Göran recorded a demo of the song and sent to Vinnie Vincent when the later was looking for a new singer for his new Invasion outfit. Edman didnt get the job but sent the same demo later on to John when he had an ad out in OKEJ magazine. John liked the demo so much he recorded the song for the Total Control album
The VVI didn't do a video for a number of reasons, mainly owing to what happened with Robert and his voice being on the first album. After Boyz Are Gonna Rock they were not going to have Mark lip sync again, and re-recording with Mark wasn't going to happen either, so all further videos for that album were canned.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Which really sucked because it should have been a single!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

According to Bobby Rock No substitute was to be second single.
Vinnie presented norums back on the streets during headbangers ball in july 1988.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

it is believed during the solo the guy just off set is ace frehley who has a picture of vv over his team shirt. This was opening act to the live frehley's comet video.
Ace of course used to play it live before vvi recorded it.
Bye Bye