Mark Slaughter - Not the first......

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Genebaby
Site Admin

Mark Slaughter - Not the first......

Post by Genebaby »

So, I was just going back and forth with Shram about Yngwie and I mentioned that one of the few songs I knew and liked was "I'll See The Light Tonight".

I figured there was a clip and went looking for it on Youtube.

Once it started playing I remembered that at some point I had seen it before, but not for a LONG time.

Then I saw the singer and I was like, "Who is THAT guy?"

[youtube][/youtube]

So I finally realised that Mr Slaughter was not the first guy to lip sync in a clip to someone else s vocal, Mr Boals had already done it when Mr Soto left Yngwie.

A lot of you guys would already know this. I just find it interesting as Robert Fleischman has never really gotten over Mark lip syncing to Boyz Are Gonna Rock and calls him the original Milli Vanilli.

The funny thing is Yngwie did it again when they released Carry On Wayward Son as a video. They used live footage of Mark, with Jeff's vocal. Mark may have been in the dark on that one though, I don't know.

Mark of coarse hails from our own Poserboy's hometown.

There is an interview with Jeff where he explains this and tells us that due to Mark having short hair when he first joined up he had hair extensions for the clip. This helps to explain his absolutely horrible hair in that clip, ha ha.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Re: Mark Slaughter - Not the first......

Post by shramiac »

You know, I've actually never thought to watch an Yngwie vid on YouTube. Too many vids out there! Interesting. Bet you there's a few more instances of this happening.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It happens with drummers/guitarists and bass players all time. Yngwie is a bigger ass than vv could imagine. Only difference is yngwie can operate enough to put out music.

They should just make a video without live footage rather than do the boyz r gonna rock thing.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

That video looks very b. Its almost so bad its good. Singer looks uncomfortable.
Bye Bye
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Love the left handed Strat played right handed. I'm going to have to get one of those simply because it looks so fricken cool :-)
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah I agree. Looks great
Bye Bye

Post by 1031 »

I am sure its been done even before that, Mr F was bent because he didn't end up with the gig thats pretty much the short of it. Like some else said , there has been ton's of times the people on the record never were used in a video or on the road... How many Kiss songs used other players then did a video.. Vocalist get bent about it but you never hear a drummer bass or guitarist say anything.

And really its all lip synced, in the end . very rare was a live play video done in the 80's . I cant really think of one off hand, other than maybe concert footage.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
amedeimarco

Post by amedeimarco »

even the aliens did with the video ,Tears Do not Put Out The Fire
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

In the Stuck In The Middle With You promo video by Stealers Wheel, Joe Egan lip synced to Gerry Rafferty's vocals after Gerry left the band circa 1973.