I feel bad for VV

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
crossroads

I feel bad for VV

Post by crossroads »

Vinnie sounds like he has some very serious mental health issues. I would assume that he is probably a paranoid personality disorder or a delusional disorder persecutory type. Basically, there is no RX able to help these people. They are very difficult to deal with as well as being able to gain their trust. I am sorry to say but Vinnie sounds like a very sick individual. I am a big fan of his & wish he could be helped. Reading about his behaviors makes me think he has these conditions. Hopefully this can put some perspective on this gentleman & help his fans out there gain pserspective on why he does the things he does. No one should be mad @ him just celebrate that @ least we as his fans are able to enjoy his gifts he left. Hopefully he will give us more of his gifts in the future. I wish him well whatever his endeavers.
shramiac

Re: I feel bad for VV

Post by shramiac »

We all want him healthy and productive! And kicking ass on the guitar! :)
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Well said,crossroads, but you are preaching to the choir.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, we'll said. The sad thing is the people already in Vinnie's life, that he does trust, are doing nothing to help him.

He doesn't like new people, except maybe the ladies, so it's up to long time friends to step up and get him some help.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

shramiac wrote:We all want him healthy and productive! And kicking ass on the guitar! :)
All of us except some of these people -
http://www.kissfaq.com/forum11/viewtopi ... =1&t=86560
Jesus - you'd think Vinnie killed a human being or something by the way they talk.
Bonus - I'm watching VH1 Classic right now and Lick It Up just came on.
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah well said. I dont see a change happening. He offered an outstretched arm after he was arrested and then it got real bad after a real short time.
He actually instrucked my old forum which he controlled to invade this board.. no hope at all.
Bye Bye
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

It's like what happened with Syd Barret, Vinnie will never come back
I don't think he plays anymore at all, he had the chance of recording a killer demo video
promoting Tom Palecki VV guitars a couple of years ago, but he didn't , he used a 1988 picture
to promote them , if he doesn't want to show his face (which we saw anyway on the mugshot)
he could have recorded a killer shredder video showing his hands and guitar only he didn't.
i have the idea that he totally lost his chops.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ooh yeah, Syd. That didn't end well.
VinniesAngel

Post by VinniesAngel »

You call yourself and others of this wretched forum 'fans', yet you make a post insisting Vinnie is mentally ill? No wonder he refuses to return to you.

Shameful.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Ok, if he's not mentally ill, then he's just an out & out"@$@!
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
VinniesAngel

Post by VinniesAngel »

Yes, continue acting like ravage animals, spewing out your hatred; that IS the only way you know how to respond after all. It only proves my point. Hatred literally pours from this forum like bile. You are ALL fools who claim to be fans and followers of Vinnie, yet this forum is filled with disgusting words toward Vinnie.

Like I stated, no wonder he refuses to return to you.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

VinniesAngel wrote:You call yourself and others of this wretched forum 'fans', yet you make a post insisting Vinnie is mentally ill? No wonder he refuses to return to you.
Shameful.
Howdy VA.
As for what might be troubling Vinnie, I have stressed in a lot of my own posts that it is not fair or proper for me to speculate.
With saying that, I really don't appreciate being called a name because I am a part of this forum.
Some of my fellow forum members are actually my friends. I don't have to agree with their opinions.

I prefer being at the VVFF because I can put a face to a name here . At KissFAQ that is a difficult thing to do.

The people that have been here for a long time do not hide behind screen names. The newbies that are more personable get a firmer welcome as well.
We know what each other looks like, we know names, , we know about each other's families, jobs, struggles, etc...we are a little more tolerant of each other because of that.
Let's just imagine a day that Vinnie actually came here AS HIMSELF and stopped a rumor or silliness with his truth.
VA, You know me. We have had cordial exchanges. How about you come clean as to who you are and why you feel so strongly? People would be less willing to write you off and show their anger if you simply introduced yourself and presented your disagreement in a manner that attacks less and understands more.

I don't agree with everything said here but I can understand where some of these opinions are coming from.

Take care VA, Rick

For CLARIFICATION purposes,The following sentences are what I was agreeing with concerning crossroads' post.

crossroads wrote: No one should be mad @ him just celebrate that @ least we as his fans are able to enjoy his gifts he left. Hopefully he will give us more of his gifts in the future. I wish him well whatever his endeavers.

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

A response would be graciously appreciated since I know you are here RIGHT NOW.
Would you feel more comfortable on the phone or in PM ?

NEWBEGINNINGS
VinniesAngel

Post by VinniesAngel »

Who I am is of no concern to anyone. I am here for a purpose, ONE purpose and nothing else - Vinnie.

Why do I feel so strongly? No reason why I shouldn't feel 'strongly'. Doing what is being done here is doing nothing but harm. No good shall ever come out of it.
Vinnie will NOT come back as long as this hatred continues.
Nothing will be accomplished by these acts.

Breaks my heart to see him the way he is.

But, all of this does not matter. You are all set in your ways. Foolish ways.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

"...the way he is" ? Do tell.

"You are all set in your ways. Foolish ways."---- Please address ,IN DETAIL, MY foolish ways.
I'm not joking . I would actually like my faults pointed out to me so I can work on them and correct them.

Please give us a solution to this problem. Do we shut this forum down and Vinnie will return ?
KissFAQ has more disgusting comments in one thread about Vinnie than we do on this entire forum.
We are a large voice of "Vinnie-support" there.

Instead of insinuating that you either ARE Vinnie or living with him, come out from behind your insults and offer better solutions to these issues.

I kindly ask you to address Tom Palecki as well.

I would like to see this bullshit come to an end . END IT with a SOLUTION.
Last edited by poserboy71 on Mon May 06, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

If I am part of the problem, I will gladly leave this forum and not speak of Vinnie if my words affect him so deeply. If that helps him feel comfortable to share his talents and his friendship with other people whom he feels deserves it, then I will do what it takes.

It's time to take it to the brass. :wink:
Call out the troublemakers by name and tell them exactly what they need to do to reverse these unfortunate circumstances.
I can guarantee that EVERY ONE of these people will oblige your wishes if there is a small chance that Vinnie could be happy.

Again, I have tried to be a voice of reason since DAY ONE . Vinnie never asked me to be, SO, I guess I have been wrong in defending him for three decades.

Solutions PLEASE.

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The last thing I ever wanted was my favorite guitar player to think I hate him because I joined a FAN FORUM.

If Vinnie made ONE post as himself (with an attached picture to ensure that it really is him and not a prankster) and addressed this shit BY HIMSELF, I am 100 % positive that everyone here would gladly follow the order of his polite requests.

Contact Vic if you need a private thread for Vinnie. Let Vinnie pick who will be able to read it. Then, if the letter ever leaks, Vinnie would know who did it.

Is that too much ,VA ?

I am really trying to come up with solutions here.

The time is NOW !!!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Open your eyes, others here and in the rest of the world have.

There are two reasons why Vinnie has done the things he's done.

One is mental illness.

If that's not it then he is as terrible a human being as he is a musical genius.

You can wish for Vinnie to return, Dino did. He got his wish and it wasn't pretty.

Please tell us your plan to retrieve four of Tom Palecki's guitars which were stolen by Vinnie?

We are fans, but we are not blind sheep.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Really Rick, I know who's company I prefer if it came down to you or Vinnie being on this forum. That's a no fucken brainer man. YOURZ!. And to boot why should anyone have to leave for Vinnie to show his face here. What's is he afraid of? I don't bite...Not hard anyway. Only thing to be afraid of is the truth. He needs to man up & learn how to play with the rest of the children in the sandpit.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Thanks Dannii. :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
VinniesAngel

Post by VinniesAngel »

This will be my final message until I am instructed to say furthermore.

The ability to forgive and forget has apparently dropped off the face of this planet. Sad. People here just can't get enough kick out of what they say, can they? Badgering Vinnie everyday seems to be some sort of sick sport here. What in the WORLD makes anyone on this forum believe that by speaking the way they speak of Vinnie on here will make him return to you? The mere thought of the people here actually believing something like that would work is UNBELIEVABLE in itself.

The one and only thing this forum is doing to Vinnie is making him more reluctant with each passing moment. Most of what I read on here shocks me. It not only shocks Vinnie, but hurts him as well. Some people may think Vinnie is heartless; I assure you, he is far from that!

Badgering him constantly to return to you, make new music, etc. while also talking ill of him will guarantee he will never come back. You beg for new music, then turn around and make some rude remarks toward him? That makes me question who has the REAL mental illness.

As of right now and for the time being, Vinnie will NOT be making new music, nor release anything. All the man wants is to be ALONE and be at PEACE with himself. He's going through enough personal issues as is and he needs no more to weigh him down.

This forum, as long as it remains up and running, or the people here continue to act the way they do, they all can kiss Vinnie goodbye.

Who I am does not matter. Call me Vinnie Vincent himself, Venice Angel or whoever you may assume me to be. Either way, I was sent here to tell you all this as a warning.

There are very few people Vinnie actually APPRECIATES and is aware they speak no evil toward him. These few people include KMA (KissMyAss), AW (AnkhWarrior) and few others. Vinnie sends his regards. Perhaps if most of you were more like these two, along with the few others who know how to RESPECT Vinnie then maybe you all would be able to see him or hear from him again.

This is all a warning as long as being my final post for the time being. Take a long, hard look at yourselves and fix YOUR problems.

Nothing but LOVE for Vinnie is the way it should be.

Vinnie's Angel.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

:lol: :lol:
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Haha has vv read kms's posts? We speak nothing a greatness for vinnie. We just react to the jaw dropping bullshit robbery and lies. Non of which any of us mentioned until vv kicked his biggest lifelong fans of my forum and after he stole and decieved everyone with fake names and stupid private areas.
We all want things to be better. I do understand vv wants yo be left alone but its not true he has instigated this stuff on the internet for well over a decade with fake aliases and calling fans on the phone and emailing and messengering them.. Vv should do what he wants with his music. Either put it out or not.. no skin of my noise either way.. most of us just think something so good should not be locked up but its his choice.
Why vv wants to make enemies of his fans is baffling and why he is happy with nutcase stalkers is also baffling but his choiced are his. Thats cool.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ankh warrior is cool but its funny how he still likes his little high school clicks. They slowly fall away and come here with there crazy stories.
I
Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I agree with VinniesAngel guys, let's close down this forum so Vin can come back to us...

... wait, this forum is the only thing he can come back to that discusses him favorably...

... hmmmmmm, fuck it, keep the forum open. :mrgreen: :roll:
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah exactly. We appreciate him and know his talent whatever crap that has or is going on.
Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

All joking aside VinnieAngel, I really do wish there was a way Cusano could come here and realize we are NOT the enemy...

... kissing his ass though is not the answer.
metatron

Post by metatron »

doublev2 wrote:Ankh warrior is cool but its funny how he still likes his little high school clicks. They slowly fall away and come here with there crazy stories.
I
Sorry to burst Vinnie's bubble, but you excluding AW (AnkhWarrior) from no being on our side of the fence as far as Vinnie's antics are concerned is a big stretch. It's almost insulting to women that you'd think cause of her sex(female) she's side with Vinnie. Sorry, champ, but that one ((AnkhWarrior) has too much common sense to be blind sighted by what ever the fuck Vinnie is offering (BIG FAT NOTHING) or what ever people like myself have to offer. Think she can make up her own mind about what is & what isn't . So, go ahead & play your virtual sorority pajama party for Vinnie. Sure he'll enjoy that.
Last edited by metatron on Tue May 07, 2013 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

VinniesAngel wrote:This will be my final message until I am instructed to say furthermore.

The ability to forgive and forget has apparently dropped off the face of this planet. Sad. People here just can't get enough kick out of what they say, can they? Badgering Vinnie everyday seems to be some sort of sick sport here. What in the WORLD makes anyone on this forum believe that by speaking the way they speak of Vinnie on here will make him return to you? The mere thought of the people here actually believing something like that would work is UNBELIEVABLE in itself.

The one and only thing this forum is doing to Vinnie is making him more reluctant with each passing moment. Most of what I read on here shocks me. It not only shocks Vinnie, but hurts him as well. Some people may think Vinnie is heartless; I assure you, he is far from that!

Badgering him constantly to return to you, make new music, etc. while also talking ill of him will guarantee he will never come back. You beg for new music, then turn around and make some rude remarks toward him? That makes me question who has the REAL mental illness.

As of right now and for the time being, Vinnie will NOT be making new music, nor release anything. All the man wants is to be ALONE and be at PEACE with himself. He's going through enough personal issues as is and he needs no more to weigh him down.

This forum, as long as it remains up and running, or the people here continue to act the way they do, they all can kiss Vinnie goodbye.

Who I am does not matter. Call me Vinnie Vincent himself, Venice Angel or whoever you may assume me to be. Either way, I was sent here to tell you all this as a warning.

There are very few people Vinnie actually APPRECIATES and is aware they speak no evil toward him. These few people include KMA (KissMyAss), AW (AnkhWarrior) and few others. Vinnie sends his regards. Perhaps if most of you were more like these two, along with the few others who know how to RESPECT Vinnie then maybe you all would be able to see him or hear from him again.

This is all a warning as long as being my final post for the time being. Take a long, hard look at yourselves and fix YOUR problems.

Vinnie's Angel.
I'm guessing you're serious?

Forgive and forget? It's hard to forget when he keeps on doing it.

The return of Vinnie Vincent? As much as we'd like a happy, healthy Vinnie to return, most of us have come to realise that ain't gonna happen. Vinnie did return in 2010 and it was a clusterfuck of epic proportions. The man has no people skills. NONE! Idi Amin had more tact and grace.

You won't be back unless instructed to to? Is that like a dog and it's master?

That would explain why Vinnie, if he did have contact with you, would actually like you. He likes dogs as they don't see the bad in their masters, they just obey and love them unconditionally. Not like us pesky humans who go, wait, what the fuck did you just do Vinnie? Give those guitars back that you stole!

There's the difference between us. You're a dog, we are people, now get off our couch!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

You know what.. vv takes him self way too seriously.
We would easily forget because its only rock n roll and who cares.. but would be cool if vv realized world is not against him.
We all would forget and forgive because its not a big subject.
Its these retarded school ground shit where vv likes this person and not this one that makes vv look vety sick and that behaviour attracts alike.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie has all the power to make amends, yes. Return the guitars, apologise for past behavior and move forward!

Steve Stevens, Yngwie, Bruce Kulick, hell, everyone else can do it. It's not that hard.
doublev2

yea

Post by doublev2 »

Agreed. He coud not take blame for any of those things. He will be pointing fingers at everyone for why he has done those things. He will think he is perfectly ok to do what he did.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Ya know VA,
I very calmly asked for a personal critique of what I've done yet I still get lumped in with other people's actions.
The masquerade is tiresome. Like I said, I hang around here because people don't hide . We know each other for better or worse. There is a core of people here that have done very kind things for each other behind the scenes -Across The States ,the seas, the WORLD...
The only time I really stepped away from my beliefs of understanding and kindness was when KMA accused me of something I never did. I have nothing personal against her. If anything , it was a misunderstanding that got out of control.
In fairness, KMA has badmouthed Vinnie a Hell of a lot more than most of our forum members. I'm not trying to throw her under the bus , but it seems like you may have skipped over a few of her posts. How /Why does she get absolved of her faults?

Yes, My dick jokes get out of hand BUT I was also brought up listening tunes like "Shoot You Full Of Love " , I Wanna Be Your Victim", "Lick It Up", etc... Like it or not, Those things HELPED shape me.

When I was on Vinnie's forum, Vinnie personally asked me to tone down my humor and I showed him RESPECT. My reward was being booted because someone in Tennessee wrote an article in a local paper about him. I had to be subjected to a person that represented Vinnie named Spyder. I was constantly belittled by this person for being a fan EVEN THOUGH I LEFT The VVFF.
I have never called you Vinnie, Venice Angel, Diane, etc...
I never called Vinnie a name.
I, as well as a majority of people her, have championed Vinnie's cause for many years. WE have taken the lumps for Vinnie on many occasions and have held vigil awaiting his return.

I would like to see this situation occur:

It would be great if you stayed here at the VVFF ,participated , engaged others
, debate what you disagree with, and help shape this place into a forum that Vinnie would be proud of.

The VVFF is from the gut and is made up of many human emotions that are not glossed over or completely shiny and happy.
You get to experience the entire spectrum of human emotion here---- Happiness, Sadness, Anger, Confusion, Excitement,Frustration, YOU NAME IT....
Expressing powerful emotions can sometimes get people into hot water AND PUT THEIR STUPIDITY ON DISPLAY. Sometimes it showcases BRILLIANCE.
We have it ALL right here at the VVFF.

I have explained myself. Hopefully you at least understand where I am coming from .
I don't have to agree with the manner in which some express their hurt. I do respect their pain and will give them a friendly ear in which to help them get to a better place.

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

VinniesAngel wrote:This will be my final message until I am instructed to say furthermore.

Vinnie's Angel.

No accusations here, but the above post makes me feel the same way as the one below did.

susie.q-rocks wrote:So this is how you all show your loyalty and support for Vinnie Vincent. The Board locks down for a few days to change direction and get ready for what you all SAID you wanted, and SAID couldn’t wait for, and within days all you “hard core” Vinnie fans jump ship and land on the Island of Misfit Toys. Now that all you Misfit Toys have landed, it seems you’re all foaming at the mouth to start up all the destructive bullshit rumors and gossip that drove Vinnie into seclusion in the first place. Nice. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves – each and every one of you. Especially you, Genebaby, for being the stupid ass lead sheep. The rest of you just blindly jumped off the cliff after Genebaby. Herd mentality at its best.
I will never understand how you guys, who claim to love, admire and support Vinnie, can swoop in like vultures and shamelessly pry into and dissect his personal life as if he is not a real person with real feelings. What the fuck is wrong with you people? Why do you want to see what is supposedly his house? Why do you want to “have fun and learn about Vinnie” based on nothing more than rumor and gossip? Why do you want to share things you were “not allowed to share” on the “other” Board? You all try to convince yourselves that your gossip is “harmless,” but how would you like to be Vinnie with fans like you guys? With fans like you guys, who needs enemies? I see only destructiveness here and frankly, if Vinnie never comes out of the shadows, you can all assume partial responsibility.
As Dino says, there are two sides to every story. So a new moderator has been appointed on the board, so what? I’m sure Spyder will carry out his moderator duties just fine. The new announcements look very promising to me and I continue to believe good things are coming. If you guys all want to trade gossip and rumors about Vinnie here like a bunch of damn women, go right ahead. I’m not that kind of chick and want no part of this. I continue to remain on the doublev board waiting for the next announcement, and I believe Vinnie will be back. I will place my order with AZG when the video catalog debuts on the forum. I will also be there when new music comes out.
Genebaby, now that I have said my piece, please do me the favor of deleting and locking me out, or whatever else you need to do (and I am sure you will do so with pleasure), because I have absolutely no desire to be a member of this board. None at all. I will never cross this threshold again. You guys all can rant and rave all you want, I will not be affected by it, nor will I ever respond. Say whatever you want to ease your guilt. I signed up here for the sole purpose of making this posting on behalf of all the members who remain solid and loyal to Vinnie on the Board. Genebaby, if you had any balls, you would leave this post here so that all you former members can reevaluate for themselves what they have done. Plus this post will undoubtedly supply your members with an unending source of inspiration at which to direct their pent up frustrations for having left the only real board Vinnie Vincent fans had. The irony. SuzieQ
P.S. Streetbeat, you disappoint me. Whatever.

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

Hi VA, so how are you doing?
Good to see your still lurking.
crossroads

Post by crossroads »

I did not mean to start something or even insult VV. Vinnies angel is typical of someone who appears to have a admiration for VV (which I beleive he does), but contempt for anyone who attempts to put any perspctive on his behaviors. I was just raising a possibility of why he does the things he does. To maybe have others who can be hard on him, have empathy for this talented gentleman. Too many times we see these behaviors & forget his talent. His behaviors do appear to be mental health possibly other things but again the important thing is to put perspective on him & respect his talent. If I was treated the way he was treated in the music business, used, treated like garbage taken advantage of ect I would develop some issues as well. The music business has not been the best to him. Kiss was an example of how badly he was treated. When your in his position people will use you, women will use his status to get things out of him, business will drain him of energy & time. No wonder he has the issues he does & stays out of the lime light. If this is bashiung VV & insulting him then I wonder what a supportive person would be like. I wish VV whatever he may pursuit, peace, happiness & prosperity.
crossroads

Post by crossroads »

I just want to add this. When I think about VV or talk about him with my friends, it is not about his personal life or where he lives or what he has done, it is about his guitar playing & talent. I was talking just yesterday with someone about his guitar technique & speed. Last week me & a friend were figuring out licks he does, not perseverating on what he eats for dinner or has delivered to his home. On my own I would try to put perspective on his behaviors & wrote them down here in a friendly setting, so as to try & put mine & only my perspective on his behaviors so as to give anothr slant to him. I may be wrong I may be right, point being he is an excellant & talented musician regardless. I will still buy his music & support him in his musical endeavers.
As for Mr. Poserboy, I beleive you have the best interets of Mr. VV. Those others that have excessive sensitivity to rebuffs, suspiciousness and a pervasive tendency to distort experience by misconstruing the neutral or friendly actions of others as hostile or experience constant tension between feelings of self-importance and experiencing the environment as unappreciative and humiliating is no fault of your own. You cannot change how these people feel or think. They are not VV though. Do not explain yourself. Let us just all enjoy vv's legacy & any future material he puts out. Thank you VV for your excellant music.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Thanks crossroads. :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
Portillo

Post by Portillo »

Too many broken promises from Vinnie. Saying that he is going to release something but doesnt, asks for money but doesnt send anything out, overpriced guitars that probably could have a made him decent money if he had done it properly.
crossroads

Post by crossroads »

Did anyone read the Snowdon interview & his perspective on VV. It really paints a different picture of him. He appears to be a decent guy. Going with my original assumption, the business people really did a job on him. It appears he was rubbing elbows with corporate psychopaths who did not give a damn for him or his talent. VV is a product of the greedy enviornment from these evil people. It justs proves my theory that corporate america is the real enemy of the people. Sorry VV for the way these POS's treated you. May they burn in hell.
mrblitz

Post by mrblitz »

i would definitely agree that something happened to vinnie along the way; that he wasn't the same after a certain point.

maybe to succeed in the biz, you have to have some combination of drive, personality, and business sense; then musical ability.

vinnie definitely had top musicianship, and some personality. but drive and business sense appear to have been lacking. at some point, something happened and even his ability to get along with other people - his personality - faded.

of course, that's just a theory. regardless of all of that speculation, it would be great to hear from vinnie again.

whatever happened to vinnie, guys like gene and paul have the drive, business sense, and personality ('schmoozing ability') in spades.

as for personality, maybe there are at least 2 aspects: 1) an ability to be easy-going and friendly around people, and 2) the schmoozing thing you need to get big in the industry. maybe the 'schmoozing' blends into the business sense.

blah blah... just thinking 'out loud'... i don't think vinnie ever had the schmoozing.

he's definitely one of the greatest musicians. there's nobody who ever played guitar quite like that. nobody with the incredibly over-the-top vision that made vvi so unique.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

David snowden is putting up a front. He is trying yo be a pro.
Off record snowden said the same thing about vinnie that everyone else says.
Heard it so many times from people who knew snowden.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Snowden is not going to get work managing fan clubs etc if he is seen saying bad stuff about clients plus he owes vv for giving him his break.
Believe me he was saying shit about vinnie back then.
Also I dont think the fan club was run well as I applied many times and never got anything.
Bye Bye

Post by 1031 »

I don't feel bad at all for him, he has chosen to live as he wants. No one really knows whats going on with him, sure a few claim to. But they only post on forums in way that emulates something they read and think Vinnie wrote, and believe it will result in some contact by Vinnie. There has been so many of these and each leave some possibility that its actually Vinnie that it blurs perception of what his current status could be.

The only one that possibly knows whats up with Vinnie is Diane and she has had nothing to to say publicly.
So anyone else claiming to know or posting on his behalf is full of crap and the rest of us are just guessing at what is really going on.

The guy has chosen his path and lives the way he wants. Wishing for new music or old released pretending to be someone else when posting all ends up the same, just something for us to talk about or speculate.

So load his completed material on your Ipod smart phone or what ever hit play , turn your computer off and go cut your lawn, or get something else done. Because that's as close to him you will ever get and as much music than there will ever likely be.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Amen. Enjoy what we have.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I feel good for him. He has a house.. talent.. children. . . Good music... and money for not working obviously.. pretty good set up.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote:I feel good for him. He has a house.. talent.. children. . . Good music... and money for not working obviously.. pretty good set up.
This is honestly how I look at it. Sometimes it seems like the battle of Half Full/Half Empty .

NEWBEGINNINGS
Portillo

Post by Portillo »

doublev2 wrote:I feel good for him. He has a house.. talent.. children. . . Good music... and money for not working obviously.. pretty good set up.
What money?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Well I am guessing he has some money as he seems to live without a job and has money to sue kiss but just a guess.
Bye Bye