Close But No Cigar !

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
BigEd

Close But No Cigar !

Post by BigEd »

This was a e-mail from a while back when there was discussions in regards to Vinnie coming back to Bridgeport, CT for a "Return Of Vinnie Vincent Concert"

I truly believe there was a good chance that this would have happened for you can see with your own eyes, that the terms are all laid out and Vinnie was quite interested in doing it.

He had asked, do you really think 1,400 people would come to see me ??? I said It would be sold-out and I wouldn't want to be the 1,401 person in line who didn't get their ticket in time !!!

We came soooooo close...but no cigar !!! :cry:

In response to your inquiries,
1. You have Vinnie's permission to mention him by name.
2. Cost:  If someone is putting money up for the show, they pay all expenses, including but nto limtied to rental of the venue for the evening, appropriate security, all advertising, and anything else connected with the concert (i.e. travel, 1st class food/lodging for VV and his musicians, costs associated with proper sound system, etcl.)  Whether these costs would be recouped against 100% of the gross would have to be negotiated, however, Vinnie's non-refundable non-recoupable advance would have to be an advance up front as a guaranty of 50% of the gross of 1,400 seats, ticketed at $100 per seat, which would equate to $70K for the one performance.
3. This would be estimated to take place within 8 months because offers are coming in for special event performances from across the world.
4. You are to define yourself as a a business acquaintence.

Any other questions?  Spyder

---- crdedward@aol.com wrote:
Spyder...I know you gave me a little information yesterday in regards to the cost of Vinnie playing in Bridgeport and I'm working on that as we speak. There may be a few people I may need to talk to but I don't really want to mention Vinnie's name unless I have is OK. These people are going to ask who the artist is and there costs/requests...they are also going to ask how soon this will take place and how (I'm) involved with this??? There going to ask...are You his friend, manager, business associate, tour manager etc ??? I don't want to act like I'm representing Vinnie (BECAUSE I'M NOT) I'm just trying to get this ball rolling !!!  Any advise would be helpful...Ed
SimonSays

Re: Close But No Cigar !

Post by SimonSays »

I dont understand what is all about? Will Vinnie play some concerts?(I dont think so) Can somebody explain it?
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

As always, Vinnie's douche-tacular requests ruined it all. Fucker had no intention of leaving his house, so he just threw out the most ridiculous demands he could, just like his $9000 guitars.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Why must he be so difficult? Is it really that hard, Vinnie? Step into the light!!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

SimonSays wrote:I dont understand what is all about? Will Vinnie play some concerts?(I dont think so) Can somebody explain it?
Ed tried to organize a concert a while back. It never happened. :cry:
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

and vv as always asks for a huge deposit that puts him in the driving seat and can pull out at anytime with a big payment in his bank account. VV has no intention of doing anything apart from messing with his 'angels' and 'fans' heads. Importing cheap Chinese crap and having virutal love affairs are about all he is good for and all he deserves.
Bye Bye
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

I pray for Vinnie.. I know he's more than likely too embedded in his ways, but can't help but hope that he'll change his ways and wake up. Him going about things this way is only hirting him. He's burning all his bridges!

Post by 1031 »

What the hell , why is he using the spider persona in a business dealing.... He has the possibility to do a show, and asks that someone put up all the money for everything, wants 50% upfront and he just gets to keep all the cash? And funnels the demands through a fictitious persona named spyder....

What a fucking idiot .. Cusano you sir are fucking psychotic idiot
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

AnkhWarrior wrote:Why must he be so difficult? Is it really that hard, Vinnie? Step into the light!!

I could be wrong but this is my assessment. As I see it, VV is sabotaging himself, which is quite sad, indeed.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

KissMyAss wrote:
AnkhWarrior wrote:Why must he be so difficult? Is it really that hard, Vinnie? Step into the light!!

I could be wrong but this is my assessment. As I see it, VV is sabotaging himself, which is quite sad, indeed.
Yes, he's making things difficult himself...if he manned up and did what he had to do, which eould be easy, he would be fine and dandy. There's really no need in trying to sell guitars for unimaginable prices, charging $500 just to join a forum to talk to him, etc. Its no wonder hes making no money. Hes being greedy.

ALL YA GOTTA DO ID COME OUT FROM YOUR CAVE AND CREATE NEW AWESOME LICKS. Whats happened in the past will stay there. Quit lingering in it and wake up to the present and make something out of yourself. You still got it, Vinnie. Just quit being a greedy hard headed meanie and do what you gotta do to male things right. Its not all that hard!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vv should have done it . He should have accepted the flattering and honest request . He should have accepted the travel costs and hotel plus say a fee for him and all his band of 2k total then a 30% cut of box office or just say a 5k fee and no box office. That still would be a huge risk for ed but for still but giving vv something and I bet ace doesnt get that good of a deal.
Vv just doesnt get it. Like I say he wants you to be under his thumb and by having a huge deposit ed would have to watch every word he said to vinnie to make sure he doesnt take the money and run like he has done many times before.
Bye Bye
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Like I have said this before....This would have been the "Greatest" place to kick of his "RETURN" in front of his "HOME" crowd at the 1,400 seat Klein Memorial Auditorium. This would have Sold-Out and would have made Vinnie a nice chunk of change, Experts felt $100 was to much for ticket because nobody is going to pay that to sit in the last row...Staggered prices of $75/50/30 was more like it and a backstage meet/greet package was in the works too. We had some of the money and got backing from some "Italian" friends who make cement boots as a hobby. Vinnie could have made more money off of beverages, merch and CD'S but it never happened.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

It's a damn shame :/
metatron

Post by metatron »

AnkhWarrior wrote:It's a damn shame :/
Yep. Ditto.
You tried BigEd.
That's all you can do.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Possio

Post by Possio »

yeah, but what if he simply dont want to get in front of a crowd ever again? Period..regardless
of money...To me, it appears Vinnie has simply decided to live in seclusion, and nothing will change the guys mind. and, fair enough...
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ed knows the market better than me but outside of his home town I think he would struggle to get those prices and turn out. That said vv will only succeed if he takes no deposit. Too risky.
Ed was the man to do this and you would hope vv would not screw over people from his home town.
Bye Bye
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

All we really want from him is a direct answer lol

Vinnie: I do plan on coming out and making new music eventually.
or
Vinnie: I do not plan on making new music at all, and have decided to stay in my house for the rest of my days.

Get up off your butt, Vinnie and tell us already -_-
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Well on his youtube he still says music coming which may answer your question.
Bye Bye
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

It's all LIES D:

He can get his butt on webcam and tell all of us, then maybe I'll believe that.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I know its lies but thats what he says. He likes to get a rise out of people with the coming soon thing. Robert said the gfh vocals were not finished so I have no ideal how he could release gfh anyway.
Bye Bye
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

AnkhWarrior wrote:
KissMyAss wrote:

Yes, he's making things difficult himself...if he manned up and did what he had to do, which eould be easy, he would be fine and dandy. There's really no need in trying to sell guitars for unimaginable prices, charging $500 just to join a forum to talk to him, etc. Its no wonder hes making no money. Hes being greedy.

ALL YA GOTTA DO ID COME OUT FROM YOUR CAVE AND CREATE NEW AWESOME LICKS. Whats happened in the past will stay there. Quit lingering in it and wake up to the present and make something out of yourself. You still got it, Vinnie. Just quit being a greedy hard headed meanie and do what you gotta do to male things right. Its not all that hard!
I try not to involve people's gender in discussions. Money isn't the most important thing in life. When people are younger, they are wiser. A child does something for the love of it, and not the money.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

True that ... spyder :D
Bye Bye
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

KissMyAss wrote:
AnkhWarrior wrote:
KissMyAss wrote:

I try not to involve people's gender in discussions. Money isn't the most important thing in life. When people are younger, they are wiser. A child does something for the love of it, and not the money.
That's quite obvious x)
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

doublev2 wrote:True that ... spyder :D

You said Spyder to an arachnophobe :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

true that .. spyder .. true that spyder .. .communication breakdown breakdown breakuhhhh
Bye Bye
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Sure,
I'm spyder
I'm brainsaw
I'm Vinnie Vincent
I'm Randolph Carter
I'm Caiaphas.
I'm Bertran De Born.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

I find out new things about myself every day..