Rock Chronicles.1980s:Adrian Smith artcile VVI metioned

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
SimonSays

Rock Chronicles.1980s:Adrian Smith artcile VVI metioned

Post by SimonSays »

I was searching some information about that time when VVI was touring with Iron Maiden and I run across this. It's a part of the article called "Rock Chronicles. 1980s: Adrian Smith" from ultimate guitar site.
I also wanted to note that the Vinnie Vincent Invasion opened the show. Vinnie Vincent, nee Cusano, was the guitarist in Kiss for a brief period from 1982 – 1983. He played on the Creatues Of The Night and Lick It Up albums and appeared on a series of compilation sets. In 1986, he released the first album flying his own band moniker, The Vinnie Vincent Invasion, and followed this in 1988 with All Sytems Go.

I’d met Vinnie several years earlier through my close friend, Jimmy Waldo (you may recognize that name from the Yngwie Malmsteen story in this 80s era collection). The Bridgeport, Connecticut-born guitarist was truly one of the unsung heroes of the day. He possessed a unique and musical style and could move from straight-up muscular rock jams to a very kind of melodic and rhythmic approach. He excelled as a songwriter, having co-written "Tears" for John Waite and a number of other pretty successful songs. He was even a staff songwriter for the Happy Days television show.

So, Vinnie was walking around and hanging out and that was cool.
more of it:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/intervie ... smith.html
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Rock Chronicles.1980s:Adrian Smith artcile VVI metioned

Post by Genebaby »

Adrian must have really liked Vinnie, that's pretty cool and lucky for Vinnie. He had a really good chance at the big time.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
ankh

Post by ankh »

Adrain showed a VVI invasion t shirt on several occasions,photo sessions included.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
metatron

Post by metatron »

I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
reneroxx

Post by reneroxx »

Yeah i have seen so many photos of sessions and Adrian is using the shirt of the Invasion.And as i am also fan of Maiden i was like Great dude! :P :D :mrgreen:
This is Rudi.
Only one metal maniac ready to rock my ass off and get my ears bleeding.... ( Okay that was a bit intense)
Nah just stopping by! Here we are!!
A naughty naughty hobo! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Adrian's 30th birthday on the 27th Feb 87'.
He wore the VVI shirt in photoshoots while touring Japan.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(