What happened with vinnie??

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
AceAlive1

What happened with vinnie??

Post by AceAlive1 »

been thinking about this for awhile and didnt know exactly how to word it or even title it........

about vinnie and supposedly skipping out on the guitar selling and pre orders for the ep with money, etc etc etc etc etc.....

some people say vinnie is looney, others praise him.

bobby rock was quoted as saying ''vinnie's a little eccentric but a cool guy''

so, what im saying is why did people want to judge him all of a sudden since gene and paul want to label him as "difficult to work with" and "unethical things"

before that he was fine....dealt with tv shows, multiple people he wrote and performed with and no one says anything bad til two guys in kiss have an opinion? he worked with DAN HARTMAN and i've heard more than a few stories about how he (hartman) didnt take shit from people and was someone who practically lived in the studio.

and some still dont to this day say anything?

people do this and dont bother to see or ask what happened.

maybe it was a combo of the whole being treated like shit while in kiss. on and off stage.....from being put in a roach infested motel and having gene and paul stand in front of him on stage like a couple of assholes. that coupled with the fact the mother of his kids was murdered... its alot to absorb and keep going with your life.

all that while trying to keep it together and continue with your career and not take a break because working keeps people normal.

maybe he TRIED that approach and it didnt work? which is why we got the end result of him disappearing with the pre orders and what ever else?

why not just have a company do the orders instead? but i see his logic behind doing it himself.

just trying to find logic behind it because all i've ever heard is how bad of a person he is, etc etc but no one ever bothered to say why....with first hand knowledge. it was always 3rd hand or greater.

i've talked to him online a couple of times a few years ago from info given to me by someone on an old forum. totally came off great as a person even answered some questions i had about kiss and his career when i told him i missed a chunk of it because im so young.

then went further in another convo as to nearly booking shows (complete with robert fleischman) where i worked because at the time i was knee deep in the night club business.

i wish he'd come back. even at a convention. some people just want to meet the guy and have never gotten the chance.

so vinnie if you're out there somewhere watching,listening...we'd love to see you back. some of us would love to see you for the first time as we missed your career for being kids at the time.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: What happened with vinnie??

Post by Genebaby »

I'll leave this for Dino.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

He burnt bridges at the expos thats why he is not doing them including in the usa. The number one reason he does not come back is he asks for too much money and when people invest in him he has failed a lot of them and gained a bad rep. Paid upfront and no show like some expos. Boxset.. paid upfront and no boxset to sell. Namm guitar.. once taken delivery he cuts ties with company etc. This is why he doesnt come back. Asks too much money and too risky for companies to work with him.
He is cool but as long as you toe the line.. dont do business with him and say anything he dorsnt like.
I dont know what the issues with v are but a lot have said ego.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Didn't he insist at one expo that only his 4 song EP be played over and over the entire day? I dug the EP, but after about 2 hours I'd be pulling my hair out!!!
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

All I know is sweedish, german , british, atlanta and nj expos all pissed at him.. I think more as well.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah ep had to be played non stop as condition of him showing.
Bye Bye
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

doublev2 wrote:He burnt bridges at the expos thats why he is not doing them including in the usa. The number one reason he does not come back is he asks for too much money and when people invest in him he has failed a lot of them and gained a bad rep. Paid upfront and no show like some expos. Boxset.. paid upfront and no boxset to sell. Namm guitar.. once taken delivery he cuts ties with company etc. This is why he doesnt come back. Asks too much money and too risky for companies to work with him.
He is cool but as long as you toe the line.. dont do business with him and say anything he dorsnt like.
I'd have to say, it isn't cool to leave your fans stranded without a box set they paid money for. It's not your money until the consumer gets their goods. That's fair.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Unfortunately "Cusano" happened to Vinnie...
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

KissMyAss wrote:
doublev2 wrote:He burnt bridges at the expos thats why he is not doing them including in the usa. The number one reason he does not come back is he asks for too much money and when people invest in him he has failed a lot of them and gained a bad rep. Paid upfront and no show like some expos. Boxset.. paid upfront and no boxset to sell. Namm guitar.. once taken delivery he cuts ties with company etc. This is why he doesnt come back. Asks too much money and too risky for companies to work with him.
I'd have to say, it isn't cool to leave your fans stranded without a box set they paid money for. It's not your money until the consumer gets their goods. That's fair.
Bullseye! :-)
Portillo

Post by Portillo »

He could have continued a solo career if didnt want to deal with Gene and Paul. He could have recorded in his own studio if he didnt want to deal with the mainstream music industry. He could have continued playing guitar.

Former NFL player Hershel Walker was born overweight and with a speech impediment. You know what his mom told him? Dont use those things as excuses in life, and he went on to become one of the greatest athletes of all time. Vinnie used excuses.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Portillo wrote:He could have continued a solo career if didnt want to deal with Gene and Paul. He could have recorded in his own studio if he didnt want to deal with the mainstream music industry. He could have continued playing guitar.

Former NFL player Hershel Walker was born overweight and with a speech impediment. You know what his mom told him? Dont use those things as excuses in life, and he went on to become one of the greatest athletes of all time. Vinnie used excuses.

You are absolutely correct! I have met Hershell Walker a number of times at food shows because he has developed his own chicken line in partnership with Tyson Foods. Hershel is a class act who is good with both his fans and his customers.
Portillo

Post by Portillo »

Slayer wrote:You are absolutely correct! I have met Hershell Walker a number of times at food shows because he has developed his own chicken line in partnership with Tyson Foods. Hershel is a class act who is good with both his fans and his customers.
Thats awesome.