Chrysalis already planning "just in case" ??

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Brainsaw

Chrysalis already planning "just in case" ??

Post by Brainsaw »

February 12, 1988

ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL ROCK MAGAZINES AND PHOTO EDITORS
Mark Slaughter to be focal point of The Invasion in 1988

This letter is to inform you of the "game plan" for the Invasion in 1988. From this point forward, vocalist and frontman Mark Slaughter will be conducting most of The Vinnie Vincent Invasion interviews.This is being done in order to establish The Invasion as an act, as opposed to "Vinnie and his band."

All members of The Invasion, as well as myself, have agreed that the ball should roll with Mark. His high-energy and charismatic personality and his positive, non-stop talk will add a whole new dimension and insight into this band. Furthennore, Mark's kick-ass, hard-rockin' vocals are going to make him a much-sought after personality by your male readers. His million-dollar smile is going to make him place on your most wanted list by your female readers. Mark's not just another hearthrob! But please note that Vinnie will be available for interviews if need be.

Now, I'd like to speak to you about photos. Please don't print any old photos of the Invasion. Their glammed-out look of last year is gone, gone, gone. Not only do we hate seeing thuse old photos surface, but the fans know that the band's look has changed, having seen lots of new photos in lots of magazines over the past four months. If you are in need of new photos, please don't ever hesitate to call me and I'll be sure you get some. Regarding these new photos, when you do run a story on The Invasion, please don't run the biggest or the only photo of Vinnie. Again, we are trying to establish The Invasion as a band. We prefer to see more group shots and more, more, more photos of Mark Slaughter!

Lastly, you will notice that in this letter as well as in recent press releases, I've been referring to the band as "The Invasion" as opposed to "The Vinnie Vincent Invasion." Again, this is for unifying the band into a group. It is okay for you to refer to them either way in your magazine.

I truly hope I haven't offended anybody with this letter, but these ideas have been communicated to me by all members of The Invasion, and I think it's all very feasible. Thank you for your support! Ail Systems Go,the second Invasion album, is now slated for a March 1988 release. It has been pushed back by the record company, which often happens.
Slayer

Re: Chrysalis already planning "just in case" ??

Post by Slayer »

Well I'm fucking offended!
It's Vinnie's fucking band period!

What an absolute disheartening shame!

Kev
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

:!: :!: :!: Focus on them as a BAND yet have Mark do most of the speaking although he doesn't write the music or the lyrics... :roll:
Those would've been great interviews. :? :? :? :? Along the same lines as interviewing Leif Garrett for Tiger Beat. Deep and meaningful.

What's your favorite color Mark? What kind of girl makes your heart skip a beat ? What do you like to do on a first date ? :roll:

Brainsaw, How did you acquire this letter ?
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

poserboy71 wrote::!: :!: :!: Focus on them as a BAND yet have Mark do most of the speaking although he doesn't write the music or the lyrics... :roll:
Those would've been great interviews. :? :? :? :? Along the same lines as interviewing Leif Garrett for Tiger Beat. Deep and meaningful.

What's your favorite color Mark? What kind of girl makes your heart skip a beat ? What do you like to do on a first date ? :roll:

Actually, there were ALOT of interviews with Mark... That's the thing there were a TON of Invasion articles around that time. I don't understand how you were missing them.

Mark would talk about being out on tour and talk about how the recording of the album went... you name it.

That was just one of the many press releases to come out.....

But its one reason, I keep wondering...what would have happened if the album came out in January 1988 as originally intended. Sure the big promotional push wouldn't have happened (like they geared up for in May) but I wonder if they could have avoided some of the other problems.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

That look was so last year :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
5minLuvKills

Post by 5minLuvKills »

[youtube][/youtube]
Rock and Roll is my RELIGION and my LAW
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

Slayer wrote:Well I'm fucking offended!

Kev
It's b.s. and terrible but they were writing the checks and wanted the biggest return on their investment.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Brainsaw wrote:

Kev
It's b.s. and terrible but they were writing the checks and wanted the biggest return on their investment.

I too work for a huge corporation and everyday we are asked to do things that we may not personally agree with but we do it because as you said they are writing the checks. The reality is that we adapt and survive until we have other and or better options to move on to.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I remember the band name became the longest in history... "The Vinnie Vincent Invasion featuring Mark Slaughter".
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Again... Vinnie should've stuck with the Warrior demos band concept.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Slayer wrote:
Brainsaw wrote:

Kev

I too work for a huge corporation and everyday we are asked to do things that we may not personally agree with but we do it because as you said they are writing the checks. The reality is that we adapt and survive until we have other and or better options to move on to.
Spot on on Kev. I'm in the same boat & each year it's getting more & more ridiculous. The things they do defy logic. As I get told these day, by my manger, (who agrees with me), 'Your problem is, your thinking logically' It's also like these Billionaire Corporate Cock Sucking fuckers do shit to simply piss their staff off.

I remember when Slaughter was released on Australia. Big...more than big, HUGE difference between the publicity VVI got & Slaughter go. I'd almost go as far as to say, it was a conspiracy against VV. The difference in Marketing was like VVI, nothing, Slaughter everything.
When Slaughter came out I recall telling the aerobic Rock Bimbos that Mark & Dana were from VVI. They looked at me with their blank faces. (as they didn't know & didn't care)
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Brainsaw wrote:
poserboy71 wrote::!: :!: :!: Focus on them as a BAND yet have Mark do most of the speaking although he doesn't write the music or the lyrics... :roll:

I don't understand how you were missing them.

Mark would talk about being out on tour and talk about how the recording of the album went... you name it.
Who said that I missed them? Mark couldn't talk about THE SONGS !!!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

metatron wrote:
Slayer wrote:
Brainsaw wrote:

Kev

Spot on on Kev. I'm in the same boat & each year it's getting more & more ridiculous. The things they do defy logic. As I get told these day, by my manger, (who agrees with me), 'Your problem is, your thinking logically' It's also like these Billionaire Corporate Cock Sucking fuckers do shit to simply piss their staff off.

I remember when Slaughter was released on Australia. Big...more than big, HUGE difference between the publicity VVI got & Slaughter go. I'd almost go as far as to say, it was a conspiracy against VV. The difference in Marketing was like VVI, nothing, Slaughter everything.
When Slaughter came out I recall telling the aerobic Rock Bimbos that Mark & Dana were from VVI. They looked at me with their blank faces. (as they didn't know & didn't care)

Dannii my brutha from another mutha :-)
metatron

Post by metatron »

Slayer wrote:
metatron wrote:
Slayer wrote:
Brainsaw wrote:

Kev

Dannii my brutha from another mutha :-)

I shit you not. this is what happened to be this week. In the pasted years, out of 12 guys that work in my section, we'd do about $70,000 in Overtime (covering only night shift only(as they won't pay for afternoon & dayshifts), sick leave & annual @ single rate pay). In the last 3 years I've been doing between $12,000 & $20,000 of that overtime. To stop us 12 earning the overtime, the company I work for have gone & employed two other workers.(Guys they retrenched, gave huge pay outs to & now give them another job) Total employer costs for these two with be around $300,000 (works comp, insurance, payroll tax, super, wages). So not to pay us 12 the O/T (totaling $70,000) they have gone & spent shareholders money to the sum of $300,000.
And then they ran (I swear, I'm not making this stuff up) a competition (winner gets $5000) for ideas on how to save the company (shareholders) money. This is big business logic or more like lack of.

I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

first album lost money so the adding of slaughter was obviously a tactic to commercialize the band in their eyes.
Bye Bye
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Unbelievable Dannii, in their wisdom they are costing the company an additional $230,000 per year and destroying company morale.

INSANITY!
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

poserboy71 wrote:
Who said that I missed them? Mark couldn't talk about THE SONGS !!!!
But he did talk about the songs....especially in the lead up before ASG came out. He'd describe the songs....
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

C'mon already Brainsaw. You are smart enough to understand what I mean without me holding your hand.

The schtick is running thin.
We are the VVFF.
The WORLD'S ONLY Vinnie Vincent Fan Forum. We love Vinnie's music. We love Vinnie's images that he projected.
In most of our hearts, Vinnie is STILL the BEST !!!!

We still ask for printed magazine proof of your claims (which we don't doubt are in actual magazines).
We like to compile the facts here. Again, It isn't fair to Vinnie or anyone else to just throw numbers around.
Everyone has introduced themself to you, yet you still don't show us the respect to introduce yourself.

Please address the reasons why you feel the need to shove these numbers down our throats. You come off as though we are somehow against Vinnie. Are you trying to suck him off through this outlet?
You are purposefully trying to come off as an insider and it is boring.

I say this with as much respect as I can muster and hope you accept the requests.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

poserboy71 wrote: We still ask for printed magazine proof of your claims (which we don't doubt are in actual magazines).
We like to compile the facts here. Again, It isn't fair to Vinnie or anyone else to just throw numbers around.

There's plenty of people around here who have thrown around sales figures for Invasion and All Systems Go with nothing to back then up. Funny those false sales claims don't matter.

Wasn't it just a few days ago you were complaining I was talking about Vinnie was supposed to do a song for Nightmare album. "Love Kills" wasn't the intended song.

Thats why "Love Kills" was supposed to be the first video. Not "That Time Of Year".

So then, after you posted that link, I come across another Vinnie interview where he says the same thing.

You all praise decibelpodcasts for still talking about Mark and the tape. Come on guys. That story was busted almost 20 years ago. Here's Mark singing background vocals on a band Dana is producing prior to the Invasion coming out and yet--- wow--nobody can find that guy. Even though, he's been in the studio with Dana and Vinnie the whole time prior to.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

What are you speaking of?
We have always said that the Tape story was a fabrication.
We have always known that "Love Kills" was used because there was no time for Vinnie to write another song.

The reason I ask you is because you are the one that is being really cutthroat about these statistics.
POLITELY, I ask you to put your money where your mouth is.

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

poserboy71 wrote:C'mon already Brainsaw. You are smart enough to understand what I mean without me holding your hand.

The schtick is running thin.
We are the VVFF.
The WORLD'S ONLY Vinnie Vincent Fan Forum. We love Vinnie's music. We love Vinnie's images that he projected.
In most of our hearts, Vinnie is STILL the BEST !!!!

We still ask for printed magazine proof of your claims (which we don't doubt are in actual magazines).
Everyone has introduced themself to you, yet you still don't show us the respect to introduce yourself.

Please address the reasons why you feel the need to shove these numbers down our throats. You come off as though we are somehow against Vinnie. Are you trying to suck him off through this outlet?
You are purposefully trying to come off as an insider and it is boring.

I say this with as much respect as I can muster and hope you accept the requests.
Let's have it. :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

poserboy71 wrote: We have always said that the Tape story was a fabrication.

Of course, that's why in Decibel Geek podcast it seems like its a big surprise and asked Robert about it and then was going to ask someone else about it " to confirm".

Point me to any of the reviews of those shows where you all were going COME ON?!

What did I say when I first heard DGP:

Re: Vinnie Vincent Special Part 4 - Decibel Geek Podcast

Postby Brainsaw » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:32 am
I think I'm in shock. How does a story that has been shot down by Vinnie, Mark etc since 1988/1989 still "live on"? The whole "we wanted Mark ....girlfriend tape" story was just invented to cover things up. What did you want them to say? Vinnie had heard Mark sing background vocals etc for another band Dana was producing and didn't like his voice and he was pretty much forced to take him when they got the Alice Cooper tour.

Where were any of you all saying --yeah we knew or ?'ing that even being discussed in the podcast or wanting to ask someone else for confirmation etc...

And no, I'll still pass on the intros. Already see people on here who drive by Vinnie's house, try and seek out anything he's doing on the internet etc. All one would have to do is look at a few threads around here and it wouldn't take much to know why Vinnie would hate this place completely.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

As for Chris and Aaron's interview skills, they let the person being interviewed speak of THEIR reality concerning the situation.
For instance, In the Hirsh Gardner interview, Hirsh states that Malmsteen Replaced Vai in Alcatrazz.
Chris agreed and kept the interview rolling as not to sidetrack his guest's train of thought.
Whether Chris knew the facts is besides the point.

We have stated MANY times within this forum about the bullshit TAPE publicity stroke. We usually say it along with the story of Vinnie having the bus driver drive over his main Jackson guitar.

As far as the introduction, It is generally a rule to do so when you come into someone's place. You have the nerve to act like an insider (and at times a Vinnie-like quality comes out) yet you are too good to be friendly. When introductions are made, WELCOMES are made.
As far as I can recall, a majority of us have never welcomed you here. A few have been tolerant in hopes of hearing something new but yet you talk of the same old "I'm a victim"drivel.

How does your last sentence make any sense as to why you won't introduce yourself yet you keep contributing. What's on tap tonight ? I think you might be the person that causes Vinnie the most harm; an insider that comes to a FAN forum to dispel all of the misinformed idiots :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: .

Fans in Nashville:
The only thing I have ever witnessed are FANS that want to see where someone they admire lives. I have never heard of any of these people going there with malintent. No one has defaced his property, etc...

I can honestly give a fuck if you are an insider or actually Vinnie behind another screen name. Your words have no weight while you hide behind a screen name .

You've been here before, and I'm sure you'll be back again under a different name.

You have worn out your NON-Welcome.

Let's have a phone conversation sometime. Of course you'll refuse. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
reneroxx

Post by reneroxx »

Omfgggg I loved that idea......................... of chrysalis.
I know this was band of Vinnie but let's be honest if the whole band could have only the name of Invasion or something like that.Like be a band a family not only being the shadow of someone.I bet the Invasion could be more big than the Same Slaughter.They just didn't knew how handle or have order on the band.A good organization.Be equal on as gain like benefits.There are still are bands that because they have balance on that kind of stuff they never split out.They were together until this recent days.
I think the problem of the Invasion it was beside Vinnie's problems.There was an ego shit on every of them."FAME AND CREDIT"
I bet if they had a better relationship and don't being so vain and the envy to each member.I bet this band could be super huge and bigger than what is now.Even now is so fuckin awsome is not boring.So i bet they coul.d have a better future.
Just Saying my point of view :roll:
This is Rudi.
Only one metal maniac ready to rock my ass off and get my ears bleeding.... ( Okay that was a bit intense)
Nah just stopping by! Here we are!!
A naughty naughty hobo! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Brainsaw wrote:
poserboy71 wrote: We have always said that the Tape story was a fabrication.

Of course, that's why in Decibel Geek podcast it seems like its a big surprise and asked Robert about it and then was going to ask someone else about it " to confirm".

Point me to any of the reviews of those shows where you all were going COME ON?!

What did I say when I first heard DGP:

Re: Vinnie Vincent Special Part 4 - Decibel Geek Podcast

Postby Brainsaw » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:32 am
I think I'm in shock. How does a story that has been shot down by Vinnie, Mark etc since 1988/1989 still "live on"? The whole "we wanted Mark ....girlfriend tape" story was just invented to cover things up. What did you want them to say? Vinnie had heard Mark sing background vocals etc for another band Dana was producing and didn't like his voice and he was pretty much forced to take him when they got the Alice Cooper tour.

Where were any of you all saying --yeah we knew or ?'ing that even being discussed in the podcast or wanting to ask someone else for confirmation etc...

And no, I'll still pass on the intros. Already see people on here who drive by Vinnie's house, try and seek out anything he's doing on the internet etc. All one would have to do is look at a few threads around here and it wouldn't take much to know why Vinnie would hate this place completely.
Brainsaw, the story of Mark's entry into the band is common knowledge as a great made up tale for promotional and cover up reasons. Nobody cares to respond, we ignore that, and yes Chris is being a polite interviewer, I hear lots of things that these people should know, but like Kiss themselves, they get it muddled up. We fans seem to have a better memory for many facts than the people that were there at the time.

Also, your reason for not introducing yourself is the biggest cop out I've heard in a long time, but you can stick by it if you like, as flimsy and see through as it is.

Your summary of the VVFF is based on what? Vinnie clusterfucked the great DoubleV forum that Dino built into the ground. The story of his life really. I've said it elsewhere here, I am amazed and grateful that we got two and a bit albums out of him before the train wreck that unfortunately is his career ground to a halt.

Seriously, what else are we to do? We've been treated like lepers by King Vinnie, who can do no wrong in his own eyes, and now we are here thanks to his own doing.

Everything he touches he fucks up. We should call him Vinnie Penis Hands. Wear protection when you shake his hand, if he'll let you into the room he has locked himself inside, with the body guards outside.

Every forum based on anything will have negativity. Nobody loves everything about someone or something. Did Metallica go and shut down any and all message boards giving them crap after Napster? No, they did what they did and took the shit that came with it. Vinnie seems unable to take his shit, but is happy to give it. I was there near the end of DoubleV and it was fucked up, not normal at all.

There is plenty of good here, but we are not sheep who are blind to Vinnie's ways. This is why he loves his dogs so much, they don't know the crap he pulls. I'm sure Hitlers dogs loved him too.

Still, we are here as the people of the world will always need a place to discuss Vinnie's short but great musical career, and anything else we can think of. This is the place for that.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

brainsaw vinnie created this place when he booted 1000 fans off the dv board. what did you think would happen if you boot 1000 fans?
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

Genebaby wrote:We should call him Vinnie Penis Hands. Wear protection when you shake his hand, if he'll let you into the room he has locked himself inside, with the body guards outside.
You said 'Penis Hands' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[youtube][/youtube]
reneroxx

Post by reneroxx »

WTF :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is Rudi.
Only one metal maniac ready to rock my ass off and get my ears bleeding.... ( Okay that was a bit intense)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I had a copy of that film about 20 years ago.

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

reneroxx wrote:WTF :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
EXXXACTLY :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote:I had a copy of that film about 20 years ago.
Betamax or VHS?
[youtube][/youtube]
Does he smell his own fingers...ah? I mean hands in the movie. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

reneroxx wrote:Omfgggg I loved that idea......................... of chrysalis.
I know this was band of Vinnie but let's be honest if the whole band could have only the name of Invasion or something like that.Like be a band a family not only being the shadow of someone.I bet the Invasion could be more big than the Same Slaughter.They just didn't knew how handle or have order on the band.A good organization.Be equal on as gain like benefits.There are still are bands that because they have balance on that kind of stuff they never split out.They were together until this recent days.
I think the problem of the Invasion it was beside Vinnie's problems.There was an ego shit on every of them."FAME AND CREDIT"
I bet if they had a better relationship and don't being so vain and the envy to each member.I bet this band could be super huge and bigger than what is now.Even now is so fuckin awsome is not boring.So i bet they coul.d have a better future.
Just Saying my point of view :roll:

Good point!! A band in turmoil isn't as effective!!!
Last edited by KissMyAss on Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.

Post by 1031 »

Brainsaw wrote:
poserboy71 wrote: We still ask for printed magazine proof of your claims (which we don't doubt are in actual magazines).

There's plenty of people around here who have thrown around sales figures for Invasion and All Systems Go with nothing to back then up. Funny those false sales claims don't matter.

Wasn't it just a few days ago you were complaining I was talking about Vinnie was supposed to do a song for Nightmare album. "Love Kills" wasn't the intended song.

Thats why "Love Kills" was supposed to be the first video. Not "That Time Of Year".

So then, after you posted that link, I come across another Vinnie interview where he says the same thing.

You all praise decibelpodcasts for still talking about Mark and the tape. Come on guys. That story was busted almost 20 years ago. Here's Mark singing background vocals on a band Dana is producing prior to the Invasion coming out and yet--- wow--nobody can find that guy. Even though, he's been in the studio with Dana and Vinnie the whole time prior to.
I will try this one more time against my better judgement.
I will give , that the numbers that I have given are the reported numbers that are all likely a best estimate by the reported sources. Because there is no complete valid way to officially know what sold. That's why you only see shipping numbers for past albums before sound scan. And again the problem with sound scan is methodology, Sound scan uses a assigned scan number and does not cross reference true on hand stock and only uses a base algorithm of release date swell with average projected tail off. So as in the case of a popular artist that had a free large lolly pop attached to the sale of the album, with the same scan tag of the album you have sound scan showing twice the sales and a bump on the charts. And there are even less tactical blatant large scans from point of sale's that fit in the curve date but over shoot actual shipping numbers. So they were bulk scanned to push the numbers then resold .
My point is someone is always manipulating the system no matter what it is. But every single time its to the plus side no one will ever say something sold less than it did. So there is no or ever was a conspiracy to hide or reduce Vinnie Vincent Invasion sales numbers. Its in no ones interest to do so.

As much as I would have loved VVI to sell stellar and continue to rock the numbers dark side of the moon style today it just is not so. We are talking about a band that only did less than a 150 shows from 86-88 and was doing club dates on there second album. Most bar bands play three times that amount in that time.

I can tell you love the band, and thats great we all do, but the whole I have the inside scoop of everything and no one else knows crap because of a keerang spot or some local paper review is flight from reality.

You have something new to share serve it up, don't just say you have it , show the real item . If are here to prove a point or get attention. Just say you did and save us the hassle and move on.

As for me I have nothing to hide you wanna get to know me PM me ... but not by hiding behind a avatar.

Oh and please, give the members a bit of respect they have spent a lot of time as fans, and are a vault of first hand Vnnie knowledge when you get to know them.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

1031 wrote:As much as I would have loved VVI to sell stellar and continue to rock the numbers dark side of the moon style today it just is not so. We are talking about a band that only did less than a 150 shows from 86-88 and was doing club dates on there second album. Most bar bands play three times that amount in that time.

I can tell you love the band, and thats great we all do, but the whole I have the inside scoop of everything and no one else knows crap because of a keerang spot or some local paper review is flight from reality.

I don't know the exact number of dates VVI. I have all their stuff (with the hotels they stayed etc) somewhere, but there's no need to dig through that.

The point is the were the headliner on two major tours to support their debut album.

They were (until Slaughter) the fastest selling debut in the history of Chrysalis records. And of course, Slaughter just benefited from the VVI days. Really, with it being the same label and how they made Mark the focal point etc, it was almost like the THIRD VVI release.

Yes, they ended up doing club dates for ASG to just get out on the road. But that leaves out the point, they were supposed to open for AEROSMITH on the Permanent Vacation tour. That fell through, when the release date for their album was pushed back.

Then, they were going to go out for a month or so in a co-headlining tour with MSG (right after the album was released) but that fell through. So they did a club tour just to get out on the road until the next big tour came along.

Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden and then they could have had Aerosmith.

I'm really more curious why you never heard INVASION was the fastest selling debut in Chrysalis history (up to that)? I don't know how anyone could have escaped that fact. That statement was everywhere.
MickFury

Post by MickFury »

Maybe this has got to do with a case of Reversed Discrimination
Maybe it has to do the Jewish teaching that 'jews only view themselves as human, and the rest of the planet as goyim (cattle) or animals, or even insects.'

Look at the ethnic background of the KISS Members. Paul Stanley & Gene Simmons are both Jewish. no question.
And web searches do indicate that Bruce Kulick and Eric Singer are both Jewish as well.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_memb ... are_Jewish

Vinnie Cusano, (Vinnie Vincent) originally wanted to use his birth name in the band but this was vetoed by Gene Simmons on the grounds that it sounded "too ethnic" being that Vinnie is Italian.
http://thekisswiki.wikispaces.com/Vinnie+Vincent

Criss was born George Peter John Criscuola. He is of Italian descent.
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Criss

Eric Carr was born Paul Charles Caravello. Italian descent.
'His parents were Albert and Connie Caravello. "My parents were real supportive, and they knew how much I loved the Beatles. They liked the fact that I was playing music, I was a real good kid. I didn't do anything to make trouble. They weren't going to pick on me for something like that. They're real good Italian parents.'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Carr

Paul Daniel "Ace" Frehley was born and raised in the Bronx, the youngest of three children. His father, Carl, was the son of Dutch immigrants and his mother Esther's family originated from Germany
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_Frehley

Maybe Stanley Harvey Eisen & Chaim Weitz have some issues with Italians & Germans. Reminds me something that occurred. Maybe some huge historical event. And it's their payback by using their Jewish ethnicity or religion backgrounds to treat the 'rest of the planet (band members included) as goyim (cattle) or animals, or even insects.'
I live among you, hiding in plain sight, but watching over you in secret, waiting, protecting. I have witnessed your capacity for courage, and though we are worlds apart, I am here. I am waiting. I watching.
reneroxx

Post by reneroxx »

That is something
1031 wrote:
Brainsaw wrote:

I will try this one more time against my better judgement.
I will give , that the numbers that I have given are the reported numbers that are all likely a best estimate by the reported sources. Because there is no complete valid way to officially know what sold. That's why you only see shipping numbers for past albums before sound scan. And again the problem with sound scan is methodology, Sound scan uses a assigned scan number and does not cross reference true on hand stock and only uses a base algorithm of release date swell with average projected tail off. So as in the case of a popular artist that had a free large lolly pop attached to the sale of the album, with the same scan tag of the album you have sound scan showing twice the sales and a bump on the charts. And there are even less tactical blatant large scans from point of sale's that fit in the curve date but over shoot actual shipping numbers. So they were bulk scanned to push the numbers then resold .
My point is someone is always manipulating the system no matter what it is. But every single time its to the plus side no one will ever say something sold less than it did. So there is no or ever was a conspiracy to hide or reduce Vinnie Vincent Invasion sales numbers. Its in no ones interest to do so.

As much as I would have loved VVI to sell stellar and continue to rock the numbers dark side of the moon style today it just is not so. We are talking about a band that only did less than a 150 shows from 86-88 and was doing club dates on there second album. Most bar bands play three times that amount in that time.

You have something new to share serve it up, don't just say you have it , show the real item . If are here to prove a point or get attention. Just say you did and save us the hassle and move on.

As for me I have nothing to hide you wanna get to know me PM me ... but not by hiding behind a avatar.

Oh and please, give the members a bit of respect they have spent a lot of time as fans, and are a vault of first hand Vnnie knowledge when you get to know them.
So that's was another point.How couldn't Vinnie play on something bigger and not on a club.I think he could make more a try to make it work so big.Like on the Arena and theaters.This is the same problem shit of organization anyway!..
This is Rudi.
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Brainsaw wrote:I don't know the exact number of dates VVI.
ALERT THE MEDIA!! THE JAGOFF ACTUALLY DOESN'T KNOW SOMETHING!!!!!
Brainsaw wrote:I have all their stuff (with the hotels they stayed etc) somewhere, but there's no need to dig through that.
And the pages are probably hopelessly splooged together...
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Brainsaw wrote: I have all their stuff (with the hotels they stayed etc) somewhere, but there's no need to dig through that.

I am conVINced that since you won't introduce yourself, that YOU are a stalker .
That explains why you know such things. :wink:
Next time I'm in Smyrna, I will knock on Vinnie's backdoor :wink: and tell him about you while we eat dinner.

NEWBEGINNINGS
erg2

Post by erg2 »

poserboy71 wrote:
Brainsaw wrote: I have all their stuff (with the hotels they stayed etc) somewhere, but there's no need to dig through that.

I am conVINced that since you won't introduce yourself, that YOU are a stalker .
That explains why you know such things. :wink:
Next time I'm in Smyrna, I will knock on Vinnie's backdoor :wink: and tell him about you while we eat dinner.
If you're going to knock on Vinnie's backdoor then you're going to be hitting Brainsaw on the back of his head.
The echo will sound like this:
JagJagJagJagJagOffOffOffOffOff
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

This must be Poserboy

doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Msg and vvi would not have been a major tour. As much as I liked msg I can not see them selling out theaters.
Brainsaw was any plans for europe ? Headlining or opening.
By the way what happened when the asg tour bus broke down?
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Brainsaw wrote:This must be Poserboy

A recently divorced Scientologist ?

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Rick whats with the pictures?
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Ask Brainsaw. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
erg2

Post by erg2 »

This must be Brainsaw.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

poserboy71 wrote:

Have you never seen the Last Samurai? Katsumoto is wanting a proper introduction...
erg2

Post by erg2 »

And what does Tom Cruise's character do, jagoff?
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Brainsaw wrote:
poserboy71 wrote:

Have you never seen the Last Samurai? Katsumoto is wanting a proper introduction...
Actually , I haven't seen it but I will check it out. Is it worth the time?

NEWBEGINNINGS
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

poserboy71 wrote:
Actually , I haven't seen it but I will check it out. Is it worth the time?

I think its one of Tom Cruises best movies. If you've ever spent much time in Asia, you'll really love it.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I've never left the continent. :cry:
I will check the movie out . :D

NEWBEGINNINGS