Ty Tabor (King's X) on Vinnie Vincent

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
poserboy71

Ty Tabor (King's X) on Vinnie Vincent

Post by poserboy71 »

KF: How about the guy who replaced Ace Frehley, Vinnie Vincent?
Ty Tabor: Well, Vinnie's a great player. He's a killer player, no doubt about it. I have to say every guitarist that they've had since, I mean Bruce is a great player. They've not been any lacking for having a great lead player at any point as far as I'm concerned. I'm more partial to Ace because he's a little bit different kind of guy than the rest. He's not the type of technical player that they kind of ended up with later, which I have nothing against whatsoever. I'm just saying it was sort of the rough edges and the dangerousness of it with Ace was what I liked so much. So I'm very partial to Ace.

KF: It's hard to argue with that. Ace's guitar is a big part of the classic KISS sound. When players like Vinnie came onboard, the sound morphed into a different direction. Of course, Vinnie became known for his otherworldly guitar chops.
Ty Tabor: Right. Technically killer. Technically proficient. For me, I'll be honest, even though I totally appreciate how good he is and have nothing negative to say about him at all, but just the whole vibe of what the solo became in a KISS song at that point changed to a different kind of thing. Because it used to be the melody and style when it was Ace. And then it became more like real guitar solos as they had guys that could do amazing things.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS