Vinnie's demos and other recordings

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
poserboy71

Vinnie's demos and other recordings

Post by poserboy71 »

I was thinking more about how brilliant Vinnie was for not signing the Kiss CON-tract. They would have owned all of the demos that became the first Invasion album if he would have signed. Vinnie would have lost that work and Kiss could have basically stolen those tunes. I think Vinnie might be able to get away with releasing the Kiss demos he has for this reason alone. HE NEVER SIGNED WITH THEM. Vinnie could say that they were studio musicians on his recordings. HHMMMmmm.

In essence ,Kiss PAID for those demos yet didn't own the recordings or the songs !!!

Fast forward, a few years. After the Invasion disbanded. Vinnie has a new deal and is working on demos. The deal is going bad, the label wants the songs, and Vinnie comes up with the great idea of telling them that he destroyed the master tapes. BRILLIANT. How would the suits know anything otherwise? Vinnie AGAIN records the demos on the dime of someone else. VERY SMART.

Why then has it been so hard to capitalize on this and make money on these recordings ? Thoughts? saintandsinner ?, Stagehand74 ?,Quentin?, anyone?

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

as much as I love vin I think he is a bit of a shady dealer when it comes to buisness.