Post by doublev2 »

tom
dick
harry
Bye Bye
erg2

Re: rik fox claims vv look

Post by erg2 »

doublev2 wrote:what is so confusing is why did vv who can write so well rip off the Sin Demo? Was Dana really pushing him? Unless he has terrible time constraints and couldn't come up with new music why would he rip it off? Also their are question marks on a few other songs as well as the opening of Ashes to Ashes which I feel should have been credited to the original artist as much as VV got credit for that I love it loud drum sample in that dance tune recently.
From the stories I've read, Vinnie sort-of attempted to say they should "work together"...which I guess was his way to cozy up and get the song. When that did not happen, he just took it.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
metatron

Post by metatron »

The more I read the more I think, 'shit, who didn't rip Rik Fox off'. (insert sarcasm any time you like) :wink:

Ric Fox interview wrote: http://www.fullinbloommusic.com/rikfox.htmlI I wrote a short, instrumental intro piece, titled by Mark Edwards: "Abduction". I wrote it, Mark named it, and Yngwie got most of the royalties for 'claiming' that *HE* wrote it!
Attachments
Screen shot 2012-08-26 at 1.27.37 AM.png
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Post by metatron »

& then Blackie Lawless rips Rik off. It's just like musical chairs. Has this guy got a target painted on his back or what? Will Rik ever get his justice? Will Rik ever get to sit down?
Attachments
Screen shot 2012-08-26 at 1.39.44 AM.png
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yes i know i know. But its clear Vinnie did rip off the sin tune and rik than let one rip.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i mean rick, poserboy rick.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Rexx wrote:You can be Frank or Harry or a Dick for all I care.
:wink:
You point is moot KMA.
I can't be Frank or Harry without a Dick.

All you need to listen to music is a pair of ears. My point is valid.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
Rexx

Post by Rexx »

KissMyAss wrote:but "who the fuck cares?"
Exactly :roll:
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Did I do something to you in a past life?
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
Rexx

Post by Rexx »

I have nothing against you KMA, just didn't like how you quoted my post and replied stating "who cares?" as if anything I stated had no point or worth. It is fact not fiction and some may not care at all that Vinnie Vincent boosted more than an image from Rik Fox.

I write songs and I've had rival bands actually steal my originals and that really hurts. Some would say its flattery, I would say it is being a petty thief to stoop that low. And that's all I wanted to comment on the matter.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Rexx wrote:I have nothing against you KMA, just didn't like how you quoted my post and replied stating "who cares?" as if anything I stated had no point or worth. It is fact not fiction and some may not care at all that Vinnie Vincent boosted more than an image from Rik Fox.

I write songs and I've had rival bands actually steal my originals and that really hurts. Some would say its flattery, I would say it is being a petty thief to stoop that low. And that's all I wanted to comment on the matter.
I'm sorry Rexx. I'm sorry to hear that people stole material from you. I think Vinnie Vincent should answer the questions himself about where he got his material. Image is different, though. Alot of guys in the industry have been dressing in drag in the industry since David Bowie. But image doesn't mean much to me.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Well vv was convicted of taking riks song.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

KissMyAss wrote: I'm sorry Rexx. I'm sorry to hear that people stole material from you. I think Vinnie Vincent should answer the questions himself about where he got his material. Image is different, though. A lot of guys in the industry have been dressing in drag in the industry since David Bowie. But image doesn't mean much to me.
I will give credit to Little Richard.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

rik is just saying they were hanging out together and then the next time he sees him he has the same hair and clothes as Rik. Yeah its no big deal and I am sure Rik copied someone else too. But no biggie
Bye Bye
Rexx

Post by Rexx »

Exactly right, Rik is a huge Angel fan and copied the image of bassist Mick Jones (R.I.P.) and Punky Meadows.
I think the music stealing is more serious.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

doublev2 wrote:Well vv was convicted of taking riks song.
Got the court documents?
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

KissMyAss wrote:
Got the court documents?
Silence? I'll take that as "no evidence"

Looks like you can only turn me into the bad person for expecting proof.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

They are around. He was listed on vv's bankruptcy as being owed money from let freedom rock. Come on.. its clear he ripped it off. Also kerramg covered it in 1988 as well.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Kma being smug.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I believe 3 songs at least on asg had direct rip off over tunes and I suspect more. Ya know I'm shot has about 4 at least.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Actually 4 including the uncredited ashes to ashes sample .
Bye Bye
Billy

Post by Billy »

Im hoping to have an image like a cross between this,and a more shock rock type image.
Hello Rainbow Eyes.........Im Back! \m/
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

KissMyAss wrote:
KissMyAss wrote:
Got the court documents?
Silence? I'll take that as "no evidence"

Looks like you can only turn me into the bad person for expecting proof.
Dino, Convicted is a strong word and in this case it is the wrong word to use. :wink:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

what's the name of some "new" not so known guitarist that totally looked like vv
and in fact people always ask him if he is vv ? i cannot remember but it was posted here ...
sorry for bringing this up
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Do you mean Vinnie's old friend Al Ferrante?
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

There was a guy who worked for Ed Roman in Vegas that dressed like Vinnie, is that who you mean? Talking of Ed ROman I took my guitar collection up to him in Connecticut when his shop was there in about 2001 and he went through all my guitars telling me they were fake even though some of them I had pictures of the luthier making them from start to finish. He always told me that they were faking the pictures. He offered me next to nothing. I said to him who the hell is going to fake a Royal guitar or a Hamer Virtuoso or a Ritz or MAson Bernard or Spector 6 string guitar. All obscure as hell. Funny guy.
Bye Bye
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

No it was a guitar player a new guitar player, looked exactly like 84 V, i posted it here but i cannot find it , rick posted i believe some pictures of the guy now dressed the same as vinnie last night , weird !
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Streetbeat wrote:No it was a guitar player a new guitar player, looked exactly like 84 V, i posted it here but i cannot find it , rick posted i believe some pictures of the guy now dressed the same as vinnie last night , weird !
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

that was weird ....who's the guy ?
RokkenWdokken

Post by RokkenWdokken »

I have asked rik about his relationship with vinnie his response to me was cusano is a strange creature give him the keys to the kingdom and he will burn it down karma is working as we speak that's about all he said about vinnie he kept it short and to the point
When there's no more room in hell the dead will walk the earth
KissMeDeadly

Post by KissMeDeadly »

RokkenWdokken wrote:I have asked rik about his relationship with vinnie his response to me was cusano is a strange creature give him the keys to the kingdom and he will burn it down karma is working as we speak that's about all he said about vinnie he kept it short and to the point
Didn't Gene Simmons say something similar, "Give Vinnie the keys to the kingdom and he'd hang himself" or something like that?

Did your convo with Rik just happen? I'm wondering about the timeframe on that, if it was in reference to the DV charge if was quite awhile back or the foreclosure of his home the forum learned about just today.

TIA (and congrats on that awesome shirt package!)
RokkenWdokken

Post by RokkenWdokken »

No I was actually reading an artical a few months back and I saw riks name in one of the law suits against vinnie being a Fb friend of rik fox at the time I did not know about and had a relationship with vinnie so I messaged him about it and that was his reply he did not say much to me about it
RokkenWdokken

Post by RokkenWdokken »

And thank you double v I was lucky
KissMeDeadly

Post by KissMeDeadly »

RokkenWdokken wrote:No I was actually reading an artical a few months back and I saw riks name in one of the law suits against vinnie being a Fb friend of rik fox at the time I did not know about and had a relationship with vinnie so I messaged him about it and that was his reply he did not say much to me about it
Thanks, I'm glad to hear that it was a comment made awhile back. I was hoping like hell he wasn't referring to the foreclosure being Vinnie's karma because that would be a pretty damned heartless thing to say.