He tries to deny it, ain't gonna buy it, just look around
Before it's all over, it's gonna get rough

I've had enough.

How many times have you given him more than you got
Countin' on things turnin' out, but you know they will not
Ain't gonna take it, kick it and break it, just look around
Before it's all over it's gonna get rough

I've had enough.
Out of the cold into the fire - nothing and no one is stopping me now!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

A lot of the lyrics now make sense for Dino and the team who were helping Vinnie before being cast aside.

But, I've had enough!!!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
birnie

Post by birnie »

..Just hang tough and we'll make it some how 8)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Kiss' car was still running on Vinnie's fumes at this point.They heard Vinnie's tunes that were supposed to be on this album and had to produce some rockers. Notice how each album topped the suck factor after Vinnie bailed? That is until -Revenge- Vinnie bails again and they finish that album up on his fumes.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Quentin Aaron

Post by Quentin Aaron »

Any descent song Kiss did in the 80's in my opinion was written by Desmond Child. Then until Revenge came out. VV to me is like Bob Daisley for Ozzy. Bob played on "No More Tears" and always seem to be a big factor in Ozzys music. Yet Ozzy didn't want to pay Bob, just like some other people. And it's almost the same as the VV story. Bob wrote alot of Ozzy tunes, and doesn't get credit for them. If Kiss ever did to V what Ozzy did to Bob, and Randy, and rerecord the old albums I'd be pissed. I'm shocked they haven't gone that route yet.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

They did . They re-recorded the hits for Sonic Boom.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

vinnie has an uncanny talent for dark riffs that are still very catchy at the same time.In my opinion kiss really fucked VV over and stole alot of credit for his work.As you can see by thier current situation that they will do anything for a buck including putting other guys in ace and peters makeup.That is horseshit as far as im concerned.Luckily ace got back some of his rights during the farwell tour from what I heard and peter got screwed again.Maybe kiss will someday recognize vinnie for aht he did but I doubt it....
doublev

Post by doublev »

we all know VV was great. But also he made it impossible for anything other than himself to get fired or leave (whichever it was). I think its clear Kiss said to anyone if you work with us its to better your career. Its like they were hiring interns. I think they were scared of going broke
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Let's call a spade a spade here, Vinnie is not an alter boy and Kiss is not a priest with a candy bar.

Vinnie is talented, and yes he was restrained with Kiss but I love how it turned out, LIU is total killer. I love the VVI too of course, Vinnie without chains is killer too.

But look at history, Vinnie doesn't seem to like working with anyone as they might take credit or take some limelight from himself.

Sure Mark got a lot of attention, he was young and good looking and he was the singer. Singers always get more attention than guitarists.

Perhaps if Vinnie was smarter he'd have been ok with sharing the spotlight with Mark and seen it as a positive thing for the "band".

I believe Vinnie would only be happy if he did EVERYTHING himself, which he almost did with Euphoria save some drums from Andre, but Vinnie would have programmed the drum machine.

If Vinnie could sing like Robert or Mark then he'd have it made. I am not that fussed with Vinnie's vocals, they are ok but I would rather hear his tunes how he hears them in his head, with high vocals.

God knows Paul Stanley was singing high in the 80's, how Vinnie could have punished his vocal range with his songs, what a match that would have been.
teej

Post by teej »

I always thought the VVI albums with KISS and VV playing it would have been really interesting
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I think Vinnie with Kiss was a fantastic combo, but I am really digging the stuff with Bruce again.
teej

Post by teej »

never really liked bruce's playing after the crazy nights stuff (or KISS for that matter) .. ooooh look at me .. I'm all blues now since it's become trendy .. hmmmmmmmmmm

i gotta say .. seems I am the only one who thinks revenge was crap .. unholy was good but thats it for me .. hated the album .. i liked that unreleased thing they did that was a bit grungy/alice in chains .. forget the name .. but really i cant think of 1 good gene simmons song after LIU except journey of 1000 years on psycho .. i love that song

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm liking a lot of Gene songs now. Unholy has always been great.

Carnival of Souls was the album you're thinking of.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i wonder if 'i've had enough' was about vv like slaughter's 'burnin' bridges' .
doublev

Post by doublev »

i hate to say this but i thought 'tears are falling' was a well put together tune.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Tears are Falling is a phenomenal song Dino. Only credited to Paul I was like, yeah man, you still got it, excellent song.

I've always like Tears but am loving all of Asylum now, it's a lot of fun. "Oh is that what you do"....Radar For Love....lol.....

Eric drummed his heart out on that album, as always.....
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I personally think this song's theme is about being the underdog, believing in yourself type thing Kiss had going on in the 80's, which seemed to start with "I" from the Elder.

Trial By Fire is the same, believe in yourself, etc. Kiss fans in the 80's were a bit geeky, I certainly met some like that, who got into the "you can do it" message Kiss were delivering.

As a matter of fact, there were two especially dorky guys I used to know who we christened 'The Milk Men".

They were dorky and clumsy it seems. I had a friend who was HUGE in the Kiss collecting scene, I got to know Gerhard from Europe through him etc.

This guys house was FULL of Kiss stuff. Full. It was like a house of someone who hoards crap, where you can't move around or sit down, but it was all Kiss stuff.

Literally.

Anyway, these dorks would visit and drool, and order Kiss bootlegs and one day, due to the cramped conditions they spilled over some of my friends milk. After that we called them the Milk Men in reference, so we knew who they were.

I haven't thought about those guys in years, I hope they don't read this.

Ha ha.....
teej

Post by teej »

yes well it aint so hard .. grow your hair .. have some weed .. and hey presto .. your a ROCKER .. god knows I have lived the dream since I was 9 years ol d... ok I didnt have anything illegal then .. I waited till I was 15 hahaha .. still .. music maketh the person and the madness withing will prevail ...

go crazy .. go FUCKING crazy because you know what ? This is your last shot :D

doublev

Post by doublev »

ok, i've had enough is a tune i have not listened to since '86 so I have no idea of the lyrics.

Bruce did a good job on Asylum. I think the solo on one of those singles was great (maybe who wants to be lonely). Also King of the mountain if I remember. I think he got worse as he went along and hot in the shade for me had the worst guitar solos of any kiss record. Not sure if it was Bruce or if he was being told what and how to play.

Eric sounded good on all records if you ask me. I think his Ludwig's were the best sounding heavy metal drum of the 80s. I do think Bobby Rock did some great things with the Gretsch set on Nitro's OFR too. But the 80s Ludwig's were bone shattering but also sweet sounding too. Also he knew how to make them sound good. I don't think Eric Carr is the best 80s rock drummer out their but maybe he had the best sound.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'll have to pay close attention to the solos on HITS next time I listen to it. I am digging his work on Asylum and Crazy Nights, very tasty.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I always loved When Your Walls Come Down solo! They had some great "Rockman" sounds on those albums. Ron Nevison (i think that's his name) did Crazy and he also did Europe's Out of This World album. He may have done Final Countdown too. Kee Marcello had a singing tone on Out of this World. If only there were some not so sickly lyrics and Joey going oooooooo at the start of EVERY song, that would be an excellent album.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(