"VV" Charvel on Ebay

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
VVV

"VV" Charvel on Ebay

Post by VVV »

Is the the same Charvel knock-off bolt on that sold like 3 times in the last year?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vinnie-Vincent-V-Ch ... ?pt=Guitar
metatron

Post by metatron »

VVV wrote:Is the the same Charvel knock-off bolt on that sold like 3 times in the last year?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vinnie-Vincent-V-Ch ... ?pt=Guitar
from ebay seller
'Vinnie Vincent Charvel Guitar, EMG 81 pickup, charvel locking tremolo, bolt on neck, low action, rosewood board. There are many questions out there about this guitar, its seen several owners over many years and has some loyal Jackson and Vinnie Vincent fans who dont like it. The debate has been over its legitimacy, whether charvel ever made this guitar. Let me clearly state, I believe it is a replica. Here's what i know for sure. The guitar has a charvel neck with a serial number that would make it a foreign model. I picked it up off ebay awhile back, year of manufacture unknown, but its been around quite awhile. It had a professional refinish fairly recently under the previous owner, it was solid red and black, now is a metallic candy red and black. It comes in a modified king V Jackson case that fits the shape snugly. Exterior of the case is rough around the edges, but works well and protects and carries the guitar fine. When i got it from its prior owner the wiring was lousy and pickup blown, a local authorized Jackson repair luthier replaced the EMG and wiring and guitar is great now. There is some usual wear on the tremolo with black peeling to gold in places, theres some swirling on the back plate. There are no chips or dings on this guitar, the edges, all 4, are perfect.

Bottom line, its not one of the rare handful of custom shop Jackson Vinnie Vincent guitars....it is a great looking, great playing, attention getting Vinnie for half the cost and better looking and quality than some of the other non-Jackson replicas being offered right now. If you're bored with King V's that everyone has, this is certainly something different and fun.

Shipping is expensive because the case is huge and heavy, sorry'

I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Post by metatron »

I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I'd buy that for a dollar! HA ha ha (robocop joke!)
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
birnie

Post by birnie »

Noice!

6000SUX
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

That's a cool TURD !!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

poserboy71 wrote:That's a cool TURD !!!
LMFAO!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I want the case sooo bad.....
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

To put a turd in?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Just read the auction properly, this guy is selling it the right way.

Also, it's just a G&G King V case, modded, though it looks fine. Might try my Monster in my G&G Rhoads case and see what's what.

I like the red colour now. The black needs some metallic too.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

It does look nicer than it did before.

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Buy.buy,buy GB! For all we know it could now be a fantasic guitar. The guy who painted looks like he did a fine job and it looks way better than it did a year ago. Still, maybe the putty might fall off the wings from where the dints were repaired? I doubt it though. Sitting in the case it does look the part.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Genebaby wrote:Just read the auction properly, this guy is selling it the right way.

Also, it's just a G&G King V case, modded, though it looks fine. Might try my Monster in my G&G Rhoads case and see what's what.

I like the red colour now. The black needs some metallic too.
I've got a Jackson Roads case for my P!NK RR5, Man your welcome 2 come over & see if it fits before you purchase anything.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

What sort of case did Jackson do for the RR5? I've got a couple of Rhoads cases, I never thought of trying it out before.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

shramiac wrote:Buy.buy,buy GB! For all we know it could now be a fantasic guitar. The guy who painted looks like he did a fine job and it looks way better than it did a year ago. Still, maybe the putty might fall off the wings from where the dints were repaired? I doubt it though. Sitting in the case it does look the part.
No, this guitar is not for me. V guitars need to be one piece, neck-thru or set-neck, not bolt-on.

Totally not worth shipping this in from the USA. If it was a genuine Jackson VVV, hell yeah!!!
metatron

Post by metatron »

Genebaby wrote:What sort of case did Jackson do for the RR5? I've got a couple of Rhoads cases, I never thought of trying it out before.
It's a massive rectangle one.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Don't tell Kev that!!!

Would purchase of this get me kicked off this board?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=33034
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

YES!! You don't want an LTD. They are nice looking though.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

metatron wrote:
Genebaby wrote:What sort of case did Jackson do for the RR5? I've got a couple of Rhoads cases, I never thought of trying it out before.
It's a massive rectangle one.
Cool, does it have the Jackson logo pressed onto the top?
metatron

Post by metatron »

Yes, big massive Jacksson logo.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Genebaby wrote:YES!! You don't want an LTD. They are nice looking though.
You suck GB! :lol:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

What does he suck and how much do you charge? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

shramiac wrote:
Genebaby wrote:YES!! You don't want an LTD. They are nice looking though.
You suck GB! :lol:
Say NO to ESP's. I watched too many guys move from Jackson/Charvel, where you still had to pay for the guitar, to ESP where they were given free ones.....
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

LOL! :D Shram and GB! It's true that I bid on this guitar a couple of times. One time I bid as high as $1,100 and never ever came close to winning a bid on it. The owner before the current owner had it repainted I like the paint now. There is something not right about the fact that the guitar continues to change hands so frequently. Rumble/Psycho Fish said it played sweet? He is the only person that I have ever spoken to about this guitar who owned it and he believes that it is a real prototype. In regards to my bolt on aberation (LOL) I put this together for about $700-$800 and had a great time doing it. I'm not Yngwie but I own 30 guitars and can play some and I'll tell you that my VV plays and sounds great. One dudes trash is anothers treasure! That's one of the great things in this world is that we are not all clones. I'm very glad that I only spent $800 rather than $8,000 to find out that I don't like to play V shaped guitars. If you don't have a shape similar to this I would recommend playing a V to see if you like the shape 1st before you buy one.

Kevin :lol:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's cool Kev, you made your own one, and doing a bolt-on is the simplest way. I am 99.99% sure it's not a prototype, just another home made guitar like yours with a Charvel neck.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

agreed i just want one to hang on my wall :-) i cant play V's i just dont like them
doublev

Post by doublev »

it had a strange start. remember it kept being sold by a guy who said he was first owner but once he sold it from on Australian address and then the same guy sold it from an ohio address i think, I believe it may have been sold 4 times now.
ankh

Post by ankh »

if anyone wants to start doing a cheap copy... or a relic version of it :wink: :lol:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/Red-Offse ... _1356.html

the main site has great offers and many good things at reasonable price...
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I actually meant your Ibi VVV Kev. I'd forgotten that you'd bid on the Charvel VVV.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

LOL Shram!

I covered both aberations in my response!

Kev :D
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

esp makes a fine product second to none
since fender purchased jackson, i think there is no more loyalty to the future jackson name, good axe is a good axe .. rock out to it
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

Moser also makes a killer guitar.. just sayin
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

I thought I saw pics of this guy bulding this v somewhere once...