The BOX SET fiasco ??

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
birnie

The BOX SET fiasco ??

Post by birnie »

I keep hearing about this and have seen and empty case where 6 cassettes were suppossed to be.

Can i get the full story on this one?

What was promised/delivered/cost, and where were they purchased etc????

Cheers, Birnie 8)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Wweren't the tapes to be packaged in a Pink Can ?
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
ankh

Post by ankh »

as far as i know, many people did send money, not everybody did get what they did pay for, some did get nothing, not even a reply.

Some fellow forumites here can tell it better than me, since they did have direct experience.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well, you've seen the box. It was to be the Vinnie Vincent Archives box set, with all sorts of goodies for fans. Demo's, live songs, previously unreleased stuff.

I would have placed an order but for the fact it was only going to be on Cassette tape, which I didn't find acceptable as the medium for a box set in the late 90's.

I was waiting to see if it was to be released on CD, but that day never came, much like the box sets themselves....... :?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
metatron

Post by metatron »

Much like this
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
DirtyRhythm

Re: The BOX SET fiasco ??

Post by DirtyRhythm »

birnie wrote:I keep hearing about this and have seen and empty case where 6 cassettes were suppossed to be.

Cheers, Birnie 8)
Vinnie solicited for a Box set called The Archives in 1996/1997
Fans (me included) sent $120 for what was supposed to be 6 cassettes (then it was 10 cassettes, then it was gonna be on CD, etc.) then nothing.

When Speedball Jamm came out Vinnie put out a statement that he was setting up an 800 number for people to call to confirm their Box set orders and where to ship them and that never happened.

It's all very sad but at this point I consider it money lost and just wish he'd put out some music via iTunes/AmazonMP3/CDBaby.
Nuke It, Nuke It...start over again
Sandimas

Post by Sandimas »

Speedball is the price of an album on iTunes, but on amazon it's only 79p here in UK, as it's only a single track.

Mind you, it's definitely not release quality. Sounds like he's oblivious to the fact the drummers even there, there's no structure to it at all.
birnie

Re: The BOX SET fiasco ??

Post by birnie »

DirtyRhythm wrote:
birnie wrote:I keep hearing about this and have seen and empty case where 6 cassettes were suppossed to be.

Cheers, Birnie 8)
Vinnie solicited for a Box set called The Archives in 1996/1997
Fans (me included) sent $120 for what was supposed to be 6 cassettes (then it was 10 cassettes, then it was gonna be on CD, etc.) then nothing.

When Speedball Jamm came out Vinnie put out a statement that he was setting up an 800 number for people to call to confirm their Box set orders and where to ship them and that never happened.

It's all very sad but at this point I consider it money lost and just wish he'd put out some music via iTunes/AmazonMP3/CDBaby.
Where did you find out about it?
Was it just another forum asking you to send money?
Or a magazine ad? etc....
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I saw ads for it online.

NEWBEGINNINGS
birnie

Post by birnie »

I think it was Streetbeet, said in another thread, he received an empty case?????
Why even bother sending it at all???
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

No,i didnt ...i have seen it

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie had a website, there was that flyer you can see up above. It somehow got around the web, things were different back then. I think newsgroups were bigger and you could get info that way too.

I used to have a really cool VV desktop picture I made up using bit of that, I wonder if I still have it somewhere?
birnie

Post by birnie »

Well that would suck!
Apart from being on cassette, and being empty, it actually looks half decent.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, cassettes do suck. This wasn't the 70's or 80's. Things needed to be available on CD.

If it was the 80's I still wouldn't have wanted cassettes, I would have gone for the vinyl.
birnie

Post by birnie »

I never understood people buying cassettes back in the day.
Buy the LP and a decent tape then record it!
The LP's were much more fun with great inner sleeves etc.
Gate folds etc. and picture discs! How good were they!

A little cassette is so limiting and a 10 page fold out cover doesn't cut it for me either. Besides, you can never fold it back in the same way again then it's all downhill from there haha
Sandimas

Post by Sandimas »

And remember the dreaded moment when your cassettes would grind to a halt, and when you pressed eject, all the tape unravelled from the housing because it was stuck in the player mechanism. I had to rescue a few from that fate, and although if you were careful, you could often get it out without snapping, the sound suffered thereafter.

Fond memories...
Sandimas

Post by Sandimas »

VV clearly wrote the blurb himself, it's completely his style, with the capitals. However it also reads like those collectible pieces of garbage that are advertised in Sunday newspaper magazines, you know like the "Elvis Presley Golden Cuckoo Clock Of Hope"?
metatron

Post by metatron »

Sandimas wrote:VV clearly wrote the blurb himself, it's completely his style, with the capitals. However it also reads like those collectible pieces of garbage that are advertised in Sunday newspaper magazines, you know like the "Elvis Presley Golden Cuckoo Clock Of Hope"?
But that not all folks!!!....for the first hundred calls you get FREE!!! SET OF STEAK KNIVES! SO DON'T DELAY!!!! CALL NOW!!!!
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I bought the LP and copied it onto a good tape using my uncle's awesome stereo which did fantastic recordings.

I remember buying Slipper When Wet and then waiting to go there so I could tape it to listen to it!

I've got all my old records, including the whole Kiss collection, big fan, lol, and a record player setup to listen to them.

Using my uncle's old speakers but his turntable developed a motor problem so I got another with direct drive. I used to love listening to my vinyl on his system.
birnie

Post by birnie »

Genebaby wrote:I bought the LP and copied it onto a good tape using my uncle's awesome stereo which did fantastic recordings.

I remember buying Slipper When Wet and then waiting to go there so I could tape it to listen to it!

I've got all my old records, including the whole Kiss collection, big fan, lol, and a record player setup to listen to them.

Using my uncle's old speakers but his turntable developed a motor problem so I got another with direct drive. I used to love listening to my vinyl on his system.
You should apprectiate this one Genebaby!
Bought this unit off ebay for $20.
Don't know why, couldn't help myself.
Recognise the tune????
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Nice and retro!! Look at all those speakers!

The first thing I noticed was that it was a Mercury LP, so I kind of had an inkling as to what it might be.

Nice one!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Sandimas wrote: "Elvis Presley Golden Cuckoo Clock Of Hope"?

LOVE IT !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Raise Your Hands Bitches !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Sandimas wrote:VV clearly wrote the blurb himself, it's completely his style, with the capitals.
DAMN, Don't be so hard on Vinnie. I realize that I write THE VERY SAME WAY !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, you guys MAY notice that I usually use my punctuation marks and emo ticons in THREEs. It's a little quirk I have that stands for my two kiddies and me!!! Kinda silly ,BUT TRUE .

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote:Also, you guys MAY notice that I usually use my punctuation marks and emo ticons in THREEs. It's a little quirk I have that stands for my two kiddies and me!!! Kinda silly ,BUT TRUE .
That's cool :!: :D
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

Rember, say NO to unauthorized copies...

Unfortunately for VV, and because of this boxset mess and his bizzare tactics and attitude directed towards his few remaining fans, the only VV related item I would dare purchase these days would be from a brick and mortar store. I really don't see how he could even hope people would trust him enough to buy his "soon to be released as soon as hell freezes over" signature model guitar.

http://postimage.org/image/we35pppg/
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Monkey ,WE CAN ONLY HOPE TO GET AN EMPTY CASE. :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
teej

Post by teej »

..... or a corrupted download :P
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
doublev

Post by doublev »

i think he was putting it on cassette so he could do it all form home on his stereo. i bet it was going to be 2nd generation stuff too.

The only place to buy VV music and guitar is a respected store that you can take it back if it doesn't work and they wont be able to take your money.

NEVER GIVE HIM YOUR MONEY DIRECTLY OR VIA AN UNKNOWN SOURCE.