Remastered CD's - The 2 x Invasion releases

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
birnie

Remastered CD's - The 2 x Invasion releases

Post by birnie »

has anyone bought these?

I still have the 2 original releases bought all those years ago when they came out.
Is it worth buying again with the remastered copies??
ankh

Post by ankh »

after what's happened, i would suggest you to buy them used, so no more money goes to Whinie "Gloria Swanson" Vincent.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Like anything Vinnie, It is best to play your old records ,listen to the hiss of the grooves, anticipate the skips, and relive your memories that way.

The remasters were disappointing. Especially the bullshit radio edit.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I got them recently, signed from Richie Ranno on Ebay, just to have them, they weren't very expensive.

I haven't played them yet but I've heard they do sound good, with the exception of the stupid edit of Love Kills, what a stupid thing to do that was. Ruins that release.

The first album has no problems like that.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
DirtyRhythm

Post by DirtyRhythm »

They sound pretty damn good.
Nuke It, Nuke It...start over again
birnie

Post by birnie »

poserboy71 wrote:Like anything Vinnie, It is best to play your old records ,listen to the hiss of the grooves, anticipate the skips, and relive your memories that way.

The remasters were disappointing. Especially the bullshit radio edit.
I've got the old record player set up in one room and it still gets a go every now n then......and i've got VVI (1st album) on vinyl.
and COTN and lick it up come to think of it.
Might give em a crack over the weekend ;)

I love getting out the '20 Golden Greats' by Credence.
Top album that 8) cost me about a buck fitty
doublev

Post by doublev »

the VVI records sound immense on vinyl. The drums are much much better. I think people didn't understand mixing for CDs in those days. The vinyl brings much more out in my opinion. The new re-mastered version on CD is better apart from the stupid Love Kills edit.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I was playing Killers (Kiss) on the vinyl today, should bust out the first Invasion and check out how it sounds.

I really like vinly but cd's and now mp3 files are so much more convenient.

When the first side finished I was like, oh yeah, I gotta turn that thing over!
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

At least there were 4 new songs. I like them and I'm a Bob Kulick fan who always wished they would just let him play without saying play like Ace. They should be profoundly happy now that they have Tommy because all he does is play like Ace, sadly. Tommy Thayer copies Ace Frehley as well as Jon Levin copies George Lynch. The difference is that Ace is average at best and George is exceptional so it makes what Jon Levin is doing exceptional.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

jon levin dosnt have IT though on the records at least hes close but there some thing missing on the cds ....
.. live jon is a good clone

tommy is cleaner than ace which is an improvement.. but there is ONLY ONE ACE as sloppy as he is ;-)
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Hi Chris,
I still listen to Ace some times but he isn't any better than he was in 1977 and in some ways he isn't as good as he was in 1977. Music is Ace's chosen career but he just doesn't sound like a guy who has been playing guitar for 45 years. I bought Anomaly and I like several songs on it. Here's the truth though forget about his technique or lack of it Ace Frehley has probably motivated more people to start playing guitar than any other guitar player. This is certainly the case for the guitar players in my age group in my town. He is without a doubt one of the most influencial guitar players in history even though he never achieved icon playing status with other guitar players like Paul, Hendrix, Page, Beck, Roth, Van Halen, Rhoads, Vai, Satriani, Malmsteen etc.

I agree with you in that there is only one Ace
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

One Ace is more than enough.... :D
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote:One Ace is more than enough.... :D
I agree.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF