Streetbeat

Re: Sped up solos?

Post by Streetbeat »

Gene is right, Vinnie is a waste time of talent
Possio

Post by Possio »

https://soundcloud.com/user-142095219/boyz-a440

Please check it out, see what you think ?
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

i think that's the right speed !
everytime i listen to that solo and vinnie's signature sound hurts my head to think how come he wasted his talent all these years man
unbelievable
Possio

Post by Possio »

yep, it sounds more natural to me this way, BUT, I actually think the song benefited from getting sped up, yes,
it became a better opening song at a somewhat faster tempo..allbeit, after the fact, after it was recorded/tracked..
It was the right thing to do with the music, but , its not 100 percent "the real thing"..most likely..
no big deal. I still enjoy listening to it as it was released on the record..its all good!
Possio

Post by Possio »

its from the remastered cd, ( my personal CD) slowed down about 6 percent, tuning it to A440 ( concert pitch, pitch fork).
big file, not much compression, if any?, wave. you should be able to hear all the nuances of the instruments/music well, etc..
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Possio,
Thank you for your efforts here! This is sounds right now and actually much better to me.

Great job on this,

Kev
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It does seem to have more pizzazz on the album but it was cool to hear it standard pitch.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote:It does seem to have more pizzazz on the album but it was cool to hear it standard pitch.
Agreed. Obviously Vinnie didn't need help with speed but the track may have.
If someone sped the track a bit to up the tempo and give it a lively bounce and energy, then it worked.
That standard pitch track plods along.
Good call if Vinnie asked for that.

I will still stick with someone's first hand account of the situation but they may have got to it AFTER he handed the album over therefore leaving him with no clue.
He did say that he was able to revisit the albums about a month ago and enjoy them without feeling the animosity and hatred that he held for over 25 years. He really celebrated what they did together and expressed that to me.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS