vinnie on pick ups

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
doublev2

vinnie on pick ups

Post by doublev2 »

Hi Michael, The honor is mine. It is a great comfort for me to have good people like U here. I can see your genuine qualtiy in my heart. U'R the real thing and for that in itself makes the climb worth it - even though I have fallen too many times to remember. I'm still just tryin to get up.

As fo the VVMG - it is my greatest accomplishments. thank you for liking it. As for guitar pickups, I like PAF's and UMG's depending on how my ears are tuned at that moment. When I hear the right combination of a PAF and amp - it doesn't get better for me, but the UMG81 steamrolls over them all when the amp combination is right. In Kiss I used the UMG81 with a Mesa Boogie 100 watt head with the Graphic EQ. The comnbiation gave me a great mid range tone.

I carried that through to Vinnie Vincent Invasion until All Systems Go. I switched over to the PAF. Although the tone was nice, it wasn't as agressive live. So it's a give and take. It's up to the individual player.

My best - Have a great life, Vinnie Vincent
Bye Bye
Sandimas

Re: vinnie on pick ups

Post by Sandimas »

Jeez Vinnie, it's an EMG not a UMG. It even says so on the front. Maybe it's been a while since you actually picked up a guitar...
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

He don't remember what he was playing - oh no, that's unbeliveable...

E M G 8 1 Vinnie !!!!!

Greetings on your brain,

Wolfi
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I just about bet the only thing Vinnie may strum every once and awhile today is an acoustic guitar.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I think he just doesn't want to use the brand name for some.reason or its some kind of joke
Bye Bye

Post by 1031 »

I have rarely heard any one just say a PAF , its always I like Duncan, or Passive vers Active or Humbuckers And that was a Gibson nomenclature for their Humbuckers. And was really all just Patent Applied For.

I am with the camp that says he has not picked up a guitar in a long time, other than sticking Toms VV's under his bed.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"