Vinnie on Forbidden

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
doublev2

Vinnie on Forbidden

Post by doublev2 »

Vinnie talking about 'Forbidden' from my old DV board.
doublev Forum Admin/Owner

4498 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2011 : 4:33:37 PM

Dear friends, I always liked this song. It is strange that this very unlistenable cheap demo of FORBIDDEN seems to be in such demand. This version is the only recording that exists of FORBIDDEN which was recorded in the mid 1980's on a very cheap recorder for the purpose of laying down the idea for the song. The earliest version I have of FORBIDDEN dates back to 1981 with me singing vocals. I may someday release that version so you can see how the song began.

In any event, I recorded a final version with a pretty good rough mix in the recording studio in the late 1990's or early 2000-2001. I listened to the final version of FORBIDDEN recently and thought it was pretty good and at least good enough for you to hear and enjoy. I am hoping that I will be able to upload the latest recording of "FORBIDDEN" by the holidays. My best, Vinnie Vincent
Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Re: Vinnie on Forbidden

Post by PinkWiz »

I'm guessing his perfectionist side kicked in and he decided not to post it? Surprise, surprise... :roll:
jesternjeff

Post by jesternjeff »

Give us some new music you cheap slacking unmotivated #*%^ !!!! I dont care how long ago he said this , give us something new and fresh !!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It is mega, super doubtful that he ever "uploaded" this or any other song to the thirsty throng at DV.

After all, uploading is sooooo hard isn't it? Oh wait, it's as easy as fuck.

If you were sincere you would not talk about it, the song would already be uploaded.

Just don't try and use Megaupload Vinnie!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

He just likes the attention of people getting excited. Some will always believe him. He will never releease and music.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Maybe he's saying that the files are not in a format that CAN be uploaded and converting them is creating a sub-par product that he is unwilling to post?

All I can say is, my dinky little virtual band can write, record, mix, convert and upload a song in 2 days. It's not as good as Vinnie's stuff, but the conversion and upload process takes less than 30 minutes all-in.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

he will not put out anything unless its for a very big price. Remember Zoom Club. They asked about putting out GFH and he wanted more than most kiss records bring in (not just the profit)
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I'd never heard about Zoom wanting to put out GFH!! What a flaming idiot. They did a nice job on the re-releases. (Not incredible...wasn't crazy about the artwork or the re-mixes personally...but nice that it happened for a relatively unknown band.) He could've had that income flowing in from that and a platform to re-start his recording career.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

You would think that turning 60 this year would light a fire under Vinnie's ass?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I think he's afraid that if there was a flame under his ass it might cremate him.Ashe To Ashes.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

PinkWiz wrote:You would think that turning 60 this year would light a fire under Vinnie's ass?
The only thing under Vinnie's Ass is a muddy crack and some turd skidded underwear!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

erg2 wrote:I'd never heard about Zoom wanting to put out GFH!! What a flaming idiot. They did a nice job on the re-releases. (Not incredible...wasn't crazy about the artwork or the re-mixes personally...but nice that it happened for a relatively unknown band.) He could've had that income flowing in from that and a platform to re-start his recording career.
Yes , it was a total pain that they couldn't get Vinnie to agree to reasonable terms for what would be a limited interest release.

Much like most deals he does he wants the moon, the stars and the sun.

The same greed and over inflated ego has killed deals before.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Slayer wrote:
PinkWiz wrote:You would think that turning 60 this year would light a fire under Vinnie's ass?
The only thing under Vinnie's Ass is a muddy crack and some turd skidded underwear!
Burn marks or a muddy crack????
You make the call!!!!

THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Gross...yuck
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I'll say photoshop!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
metatron

Post by metatron »

I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

They wanted to put out live in Oakland ad well.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Genebaby wrote:The same greed and over inflated ego has killed deals before.
You mean the same greed and inflated ego he is constantly complaining about with Gene & Paul?
doublev2 wrote:They wanted to put out live in Oakland ad well.
I do not know what this is? Is it a live VVI album? Holy shit!!
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

From what zoom club said vvi were planning a live album and the Oakland gig was pro recorded.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

...sigh...
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Genebaby wrote:
erg2 wrote:I'd never heard about Zoom wanting to put out GFH!! What a flaming idiot. They did a nice job on the re-releases. (Not incredible...wasn't crazy about the artwork or the re-mixes personally...but nice that it happened for a relatively unknown band.) He could've had that income flowing in from that and a platform to re-start his recording career.
Yes , it was a total pain that they couldn't get Vinnie to agree to reasonable terms for what would be a limited interest release.

Much like most deals he does he wants the moon, the stars and the sun.

The same greed and over inflated ego has killed deals before.
Tell you what, we have already discussed Vincent Cusano being symptomatic of Clinical Augoraphobia but he also clearly has Narcississtic Personality Disorder.

Narcissistic personality disorder

Main article: Narcissistic personality disorder

Although most individuals have some narcissistic traits, high levels of narcissism can manifest themselves in a pathological form as narcissistic personality disorder (NPD), whereby the patient overestimates his or her abilities and has an excessive need for admiration and affirmation. NPD is a condition defined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders version 4, but a proposal has been made to remove it from the DSM-5.

[edit] Narcissistic traits

Thomas suggests that narcissists typically display most, sometimes all, of the following traits:[17]
An obvious self-focus in interpersonal exchanges
Problems in sustaining satisfying relationships
A lack of psychological awareness (see insight in psychology and psychiatry, egosyntonic)
Difficulty with empathy
Problems distinguishing the self from others (see narcissism and boundaries)
Hypersensitivity to any insults or imagined insults (see criticism and narcissists, narcissistic rage and narcissistic injury)
Vulnerability to shame rather than guilt
Haughty body language
Flattery towards people who admire and affirm them (narcissistic supply)
Detesting those who do not admire them (narcissistic abuse)
Using other people without considering the cost of doing so
Pretending to be more important than they really are
Bragging (subtly but persistently) and exaggerating their achievements
Claiming to be an "expert" at many things
Inability to view the world from the perspective of other people
Denial of remorse and gratitude

[edit] Hotchkiss' seven deadly sins of narcissism

Hotchkiss identified what she called the seven deadly sins of narcissism:[18]
1.Shamelessness: Shame is the feeling that lurks beneath all unhealthy narcissism, and the inability to process shame in healthy ways.
2.Magical thinking: Narcissists see themselves as perfect, using distortion and illusion known as magical thinking. They also use projection to dump shame onto others.
3.Arrogance: A narcissist who is feeling deflated may reinflate by diminishing, debasing, or degrading somebody else.
4.Envy: A narcissist may secure a sense of superiority in the face of another person's ability by using contempt to minimize the other person.
5.Entitlement: Narcissists hold unreasonable expectations of particularly favorable treatment and automatic compliance because they consider themselves special. Failure to comply is considered an attack on their superiority, and the perpetrator is considered an "awkward" or "difficult" person. Defiance of their will is a narcissistic injury that can trigger narcissistic rage.
6.Exploitation: Can take many forms but always involves the exploitation of others without regard for their feelings or interests. Often the other is in a subservient position where resistance would be difficult or even impossible. Sometimes the subservience is not so much real as assumed.
7.Bad boundaries: Narcissists do not recognize that they have boundaries and that others are separate and are not extensions of themselves. Others either exist to meet their needs or may as well not exist at all. Those who provide narcissistic supply to the narcissist are treated as if they are part of the narcissist and are expected to live up to those expectations. In the mind of a narcissist there is no boundary between self and other.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

In other words Slayer, he was a spoiled brat as a kid. Arrested development at it's most extreme.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie, get thyself to a Dr and be diagnosed and treated!!
Vdog

Post by Vdog »

That description is perfect.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Or just simply stop fighting with fans, enjoy the talent you have and put out music... Just 100% forget the past and kiss. live for now.. let's not wait until you are 70.
Bye Bye

Post by 1031 »

Like DubV2 said in another post it will never happen, he will not release any new music and doubtful he will release old stuff. His insanity wisdom will continue to over ride common sense. He get's to much satisfaction in denying what his fans want and has no interest in new fans. He will continue to sue other people for income, and troll for MIVMP.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

When will he learn that the courts and lawyers are the only winners. Just put out music and even with all the shit that has gone down a lot of fans will easily be turned back to what they were before vv booted and stole from them.
Bye Bye
Shaft

Post by Shaft »

I think Vinnie might still be burned that quite a few of his unreleased songs & recordings made their way out without Vinnie's authorization and he might be very protective of what is "still in the can". The ASG demos, Jeff Scott Soto demos and "Youngblood"/"Forbidden"/etc. Were leaked out by George Sewitt who sold them (along with the MINT sounding Frehley's Comet demos from 84/85) in a huge package deal to a prominent Kiss collector (who, in turn, released most of these onto the bootleg market). Being burned by a former manager like that I can see why Vinnie might be a little hesitant of releasing anything else...
Who's the black private dick that's a sex machine to all the chicks?
Who's the cat who won't cop out when there's danger all about?
Who is the man who would risk his neck for his brother man?
John Shaft, damn right!
Vdog

Post by Vdog »

But he HAS tried to release this kind of stuff. He took the moolah and unplugged the phone. The reality is that he enjoys the tease these days. Immaturity unbecoming a man of 60.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

But if he releases he doesn't have to worry about bootlegs.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

If he is going to wait 23 years to release this stuff someone is going to bootleg it eventually.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I would buy any official release...as long as it was through some kind of retail environment and no "pre-sale" garbage. Even it were songs that I have bootleg versions of.
I want official, quality, clean versions.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

And no coming soon garbage either. Just tell us when they are out.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

This is what we ALL want.

But.....there's not many of us, so Vinnie may indeed need to charge each of us $1000 per cd.

Strangely, when you do the math, this equals zero income when nobody buys. I think Vinnie learned that lesson with the 9K guitars......I hope.
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I think nobody bought the 9K guitar because Gene & Paul are not properly compensating him for his amazing musical talents...
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

everything at a normal price and non of this collectable bullshit where he adds 2 or 3 zeros to the end of the price.
Bye Bye