why kiss fired vinnie vincent video

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
doublev

why kiss fired vinnie vincent video

Post by doublev »

not sure if this is on the board and i should move it to the other section but for now i thought this was a good place
doublev

Post by doublev »

oh and thanks to an old friend for that
doublev

Post by doublev »

makes me wonder about the hard rock guitar even more now. he did that in the 70s too. he sold a friend a 70s les paul saying it was a 50s one.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Wow, that's amazing. Questionable ethics have haunted Vinnie for a long time.

Like I've said before, if he says he wants to sue anybody who would " CAUSE HARM OR INJURY, IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER, TO THE NAME OR PERSON KNOWN AS VINNIE VINCENT" then he better look in the mirror, cause he's nicked.

He's made his bed and he should be laying in it, not trying to sell it to someone as his favourite bed he loves to always sleep in. :wink:

I video taped the Q&A they did at the Sydney Convention, I wonder where it is now. A friend of mine had a stall there, it was pretty cool.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
metatron

Post by metatron »

All it can say is F**K!. Very cool seeing that video :shock:
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev

Post by doublev »

someone should rip that before it gets canned. i may try but i have never done it .
doublev

Post by doublev »

we all know kiss have problems too but i see that what they say here to be pretty on the ball regarding the selling of the guitar and the bruce kulick thing at least.
the thing is that it could all be turned around with some geniune cool behaviour.
an offering of a free cd for fans who paid for the boxset and a sorry to the good fans who are getting kicked out for posting here or for asking questions. Sorry goes along way. Why does he not do that? The only person he is screwing is himself. we will all get the music if he likes us or not, I don't care about packaging and special editions anyway, it the music, nothing else....the guitar is not for the fans just the wealthy fans who have loose change hanging around.
I don't get why he keeps pulling the same stuff over and over and never learning.
lets see what suzie and spyder say about their former moderator this time.
metatron

Post by metatron »

doublev wrote:someone should rip that before it gets canned. i may try but i have never done it .
Downloaded it :D
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Funny how a small part of Vinnie's unethical behavior was selling fans a guitar for more than you can get it in a store for. Fast forward 15 years and we now have Paul and Gene charging $5,000.00 for separate signature guitar /meet and greet packages. HMMMM? :shock: :D

-PB71-
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

yes, but not claiming it to be the favourite guitar played in kiss.

but you would wonder why they need to charge that much with as much money as they have made.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Weird claims or not, That is fucking your fans.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm not a fan of the overpriced meet and greeet where you get to keep the cheap guitar Paul smashed that night, but the people involved know exactly what they are getting and are happy to pay the cost.

The screwing there is consentual, what Vinnie did was not, end of story.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I hear you but we don't even know what guitar Vinnie sold. Maybe one of the dot neck Rhoads?

NEWBEGINNINGS
Batman

Post by Batman »

Good video. I think Gene and Paul manged to get the message across in a very good way that was not too disrespectful.
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

How's the song go? "Burnin bridges fallin down, gotta nasty reputation from town to town."
Something like that I think.
Studrums

Post by Studrums »

I agree with Batman on this. Paul and Gene could have been real dicks about it but chose not to. I've never once heard them say anything negative about his talent. It is always him as a person that is in question.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You cannot deny Vinnie's talent, that's for sure.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

This was the 1st time that I have ever seen this and I was revitted to Paul, Gene and Bruce's comments. Ask yourselves a question friends, have you ever heard Bruce Kulick talk shit about any one? Not Me! I'm not really a Bruce Kulick fan although I think Bob Kulick is a great guitarist but I would have to say he has always come off as a gentle, kind hearted person who doesn't talk shit.

I believe every word of this video! :idea:
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I've an interview with Bruce somewhere, maybe in a Kiss Crazy newsletter (old Oz Kiss fan club) where he says Vinnie was a real slimeball who was bringing Gene cookies during the Revenge recordings! Sucking up to them as such. Bruce seems a stand up kinda guy and I like his playing on the Crazy & Shade albums. Hope Vinnie's not that bad a person but things don't look that great do they? Gene and Paul did seem very genuine in that clip though! I'll have to watch my Brisbane convention footage to see if Vinnie was mentioned although I don't recall that he was.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Possio

Post by Possio »

Well, he did work in a used guitar store in Manhattan way back when, so
I guess he must have learned something....haha!
/O
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Sadly,without a rebuttal from Vinnie and because too many people say the same things about V V , this is most likely true. Even though Paul & Gene kept lowering his salary, Vinnie was still making great money for the time and shouldn't have had the need to sell ANY guitars. Vinnie NEEDS to sell OFFICIAL guitars NOW !!! :(

NEWBEGINNINGS