Euphoria - What's the go?

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Genebaby
Site Admin

Euphoria - What's the go?

Post by Genebaby »

So, at the Press Conference for the new EP, Vinnie is asked what he's been doing for the last 8 years. His answer: The EP.

This totals 4 songs, and a drum machine is used on at least two of them.

There is also mention that the photo for the cover is a recent stage shot.

These things don't add up. First, the picture on the cover is from about 1988.

Here's the cover:

And here is Vinnie in the exact same outfit and hair etc from the VVI days:

So Vinnie tells us it's a new photo but it's an old one, which is backed up by the fact that he doesn't have the guitar in the photo available, an actual Vinnie Vincent model, rather he has a regular Rhoads guitar of unknown origin with a pink paintjob.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

lies, just lies
doublev

Post by doublev »

Are you sure the press conference is not made up. I doubt Vinnie would say a he used a drum machine nor say that's a recent picture when it is clear it is from the asg promo shots. I think someone fabricated it and Vinnie was not involved. A lot of the interviews online are fake done without vv involved at all. As you know I do not agree with what is going on on his board, and some other stuff 14 years ago, but some of lies and made up stuff does exist online about him.
I don't know what this press thing is, can someone let me know. If its true then it is all lies if that doesn't sound like an oxymoron.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Dino, Go to the media section .Look under Press release video.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

its the video i believe
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The press conference is posted in this section, Vinnie spoke about the picture being recent himself in it. "Recent stage shot" were his own words.

The guitars from the 80's were missing in 96 when he was active and the drum machine thing we worked out. Not a big deal in itself, just that there's only 4 songs after 8 years.

I don't know why he didn't release all the goodies back then as a full album, why instead he chose just four songs.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Genebaby wrote:
The guitars from the 80's were missing in 96
How you know that
teej

Post by teej »

they are in hangar 18
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Streetbeat wrote:
Genebaby wrote:
The guitars from the 80's were missing in 96
How you know that
Well, he didn't have one to play at the Expos or even at his own Press conference, just a Rhoads he could have gotten from anywhere. There were no special guitars from the 80's to be seen, and they haven't been seen since.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Streetbeat wrote:lies, just lies
That's about the "truth" of it... :roll:
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

i wonder what would happen if a fan would ask
Vinnie, that's recent ? i thought it was from 1988 man ...
what's up with that ?
Batman

Post by Batman »

teej wrote:they are in hangar 18
Maybe we should ask Dave Mustaine then? You know he claimed that he saw too much. Maybe he got a peak at those VVV. You know that was in the 90s as well. He probably wondered the same thing as us, why the hell isn't VV using his VVVs at the kiss conventions ? :roll:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Streetbeat wrote:i wonder what would happen if a fan would ask
Vinnie, that's recent ? i thought it was from 1988 man ...
what's up with that ?
Who the heck knows what he would say....he was just lucky that in 96 it was harder to notice these things.

I haven't seen any other pics from that same photo shoot, they are not easy to find, but I noticed the similarity when I was looking at the back of the Toronto 88 dvd cover someone made up.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Batman wrote:
teej wrote:they are in hangar 18
Maybe we should ask Dave Mustaine then? You know he claimed that he saw too much. Maybe he got a peak at those VVV. You know that was in the 90s as well. He probably wondered the same thing as us, why the hell isn't VV using his VVVs at the kiss conventions ? :roll:
Yes, Dave was at Hangar 19 right about the same time as Enigma was going under.....

My guess with the guitars is something happened to them, the 80's ones, during the bankruptcy proceedings. The Pear, no idea but it may have suffered a similar fate.
teej

Post by teej »

I laugh sometimes with Giselle about the whole saga / drama that is VV .. she cant understand any of it either but also loves the music .. i was walking down to meet her from work the other day with the first VVI album on full blast on my headphones .. there is nothing before or after that can creat that feeling of invincibility .. I have never fitted into any society and even stick out like a broken thumb in my own country .. so you can imagine the looks I get here but the music that man can create is beyond anything as far as balls and strength go .. guitars are just wooden things but the tallent that lunatic posesses / possesed (good word here I think) is unmatched by anyone else in style and delivery .. I have to accept I will never be that good but at least i have my own way of playing which I am gratefull for and I still am gratefull for VV showing me the way .. but to waste such a unique tallent is criminal .. I used to believe I wanted to sit down .. have a few beeers and a smoke with Vinnie and shoot the breeze but having seen some of the emails Dino has sent me .. I would rather have a chat with my dogs .. I´d get more sense out of them .. if he has lost his guitars .. then I´d lend him mine .. but of course I would never see it again amd then be in court for harrasment for asking for it back .. if he lost them all well he would probably find them on the moon along with his sanity ... tough shit Vinnie .. you had every chance I ever dreamed of as a musician and you blew them all .. I dont do second chances with many people .. and sadly he is one of them ..

there rant over ;)
Fullshed

Post by Fullshed »

thanks for the post teej ]]>>>good stuff

Ah maybe someday guitarmagedon will be leaked
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, it needs to be leaked in perfect quality please, it's been too long.
teej

Post by teej »

I recently found a very very good version on demoniod .. but is tough to get access there if your not registered .. am still upploading this bloody 88 live dvd but can add it if you want .. dont know how it compares to what you posted already tho Vic
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I've got a Demonoid account, just had a look. There's a 50mb version on there, is that the one you got from there, or was it a while ago?

Have a listen to mine and see what you think, always looking for better quality.
teej

Post by teej »

Cant download shit while this thing uploads .. and there is a bloody grand prix this weekend! I´ll have a listen to what you put up when I can .. I doubt it will be so soon tho .. but hell .. we waited a million yrs for the fucking album .. I´d say just go for it and see what you think .. will probs be a damn site quicker than I can ... errr .. get it up hahaha .. I have had many versions over the yrs but this was the best i heard and it was in the last 2 months so probs the same torrent man
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

No worries, just downloaded it....it looks to be the version 2 that I have, best I've heard, the other has alternate recordings. Such a mixed up album.
birnie

Post by birnie »

I still get a little grin when people mouth off and say whatever.
This board is so much better than the other.
Free as a bird! :twisted:
doublev

Post by doublev »

Shit. He said it was a recent shot but it was 8 year's old. Lol. This sums up things to me.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Yes, he has his guitars. I have an email stating the pear is still his favorite to play. He also has some Rickenbackers. So basically he did not declare his assets in bankruptcy. Understanable but kind of means they can never be sold.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

He still has most of those guitars. He has to. I'm having money issues myself now and people keep saying to me"SELL YOUR GUITARS!!" and I say "FUCK NO!!!".They are most likely played a lot by him. When you are that gifted,you don't just give up. I bet Vinnie has an incredible vault of music as well as an impressive guitar collection.

Also ,I would like to add that I totally think that Vinnie didn't have the tour bus drive over a REAL Jackson VVV. He loved those guitars too much !! I believe that those were stories for the media.

-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
teej

Post by teej »

poserboy71 wrote:He still has most of those guitars. He has to. I'm having money issues myself now and people keep saying to me"SELL YOUR GUITARS!!" and I say "FUCK NO!!!".They are most likely played a lot by him. When you are that gifted,you don't just give up. I bet Vinnie has an incredible vault of music as well as an impressive guitar collection.

Also ,I would like to add that I totally think that Vinnie didn't have the tour bus drive over a REAL Jackson VVV. He loved those guitars too much !! I believe that those were stories for the media.

-PB71-
yep .. loved them so much he actually pissed on one in the studio cos it wouldnt stay in tune :P
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Even the pissing story seems embellished for the media. It seemed like a stunt to me. Yes he did it but it sounds like he was trying to portray 'THE TORTURED ARTIST".

As far as running over a great Jackson guitar, I believe it was a fake VVV from the BAGR video shoot. MY OPINION.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

The bus was not true. Its clear the pink one just got repainted.