Challenge to Vinnie

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
PUNCHLINE

Re: Challenge to Vinnie

Post by PUNCHLINE »

MusicStudent wrote:
Anybody ever see or play the "RR" Washburn?

Vinnie and Ace did give us something of value, however...those rocking SOLOS! I don't expect any integrity from any of those guys.
I used to have a black Washburn v, rr2v Im pretty sure was the model number. Wonderbar trem, dot inlay neck. Played quite nicely too, but nowhere near the quality of the lower end Jackson V I had.
AlanF

Post by AlanF »

I had the RR2V as well, a horrid model. Washburn made some great affordable guitars........and some stinkers!
The RR2V had a fantastic Grover Trem system, but that was about it!
The RR was intentionally made for people thinking Randy Rhoads, but wisely, Washburn NEVER advertised it as such, it was down to the customer to realise he'd been stiffed!

The best Washburn I had was a Steve Stevens SS-40 Korean model.....VERY fast indeed. The SS-80 is pretty rare as well, I think its a US made model, but far superior to the SS-40........which DOES do a stellar job in itself
Slayer

You have to have faith for this to work on me Mr. Vincent

Post by Slayer »

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
ThayerPower

Post by ThayerPower »

bluezao

Post by bluezao »

hi! i'm new here and i want to know if vinnie accepted the challenge! did he accepted and was done?

p.s - i know that the discussion is 12-ish, but i wish that everybody's okay now!! 😉
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hey, yeah, it looks like the previous last post was about 7 months before Vinnie's appearance in Atlanta, where there was a quite decent apology given, to this website and the fans in general and Vinnie told us what had been happening and finally explained his position. Prior to this he was a recluse at best.

Since then it's gone a bit backwards and many things haven't eventuated etc.

The upcoming Creaturs Fest is Vinnie's next big chance to finally do a proper live show for the fans, so we'll see how that goes. But in between there has been overpriced merchandise, promised shows that didn't eventuate, promised shows that were booked but didn't eventuate and of course no box sets for the old fans who purchased one (they are supposed to get two now) and for new fans to purchase.

We also currently are awaiting with baited breath the newly announced "new" album, to find out what that actually is.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
bluezao

Post by bluezao »

Genebaby wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:46 am Hey, yeah, it looks like the previous last post was about 7 months before Vinnie's appearance in Atlanta, where there was a quite decent apology given, to this website and the fans in general and Vinnie told us what had been happening and finally explained his position. Prior to this he was a recluse at best.

Since then it's gone a bit backwards and many things haven't eventuated etc.

The upcoming Creaturs Fest is Vinnie's next big chance to finally do a proper live show for the fans, so we'll see how that goes. But in between there has been overpriced merchandise, promised shows that didn't eventuate, promised shows that were booked but didn't eventuate and of course no box sets for the old fans who purchased one (they are supposed to get two now) and for new fans to purchase.

We also currently are awaiting with baited breath the newly announced "new" album, to find out what that actually is.

woow...thanks for answering me! i hope vinnie will bring the joy to his fans with his new album and brand new things to come!! i saw a video of him in atlanta telling the story to the people about what really happened on the day he was arrested and his dogs were murdered. very interesting...
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, Atlanta was a great time, a lot of good things happened and it paved the way for a new future for Vinnie and his career and his interaction with fans. It hasn't quite been as rosy as it seemed it would/could be, but there is great hope with Creature's Fest and the new album.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
bluezao

Post by bluezao »

Genebaby wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:34 am Yes, Atlanta was a great time, a lot of good things happened and it paved the way for a new future for Vinnie and his career and his interaction with fans. It hasn't quite been as rosy as it seemed it would/could be, but there is great hope with Creature's Fest and the new album.

indeed!! i hope that everything bad that happened on his life stay on the past. on the present and future he can surprise us with brand new things. i knew him recently because my friends shared with me the hard rock clips (lick it up is one of them) and i thought that vinnie was ace frehley LOL (they really looked alike back then in my opinion) and i got interested on him, you now? he wrote many good songs and he had a great voice back then, when he recorded demo songs. :wink: