Vinnie Vincent Buzz Kills Paul Stanley Live2Win Sydney Show

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
metatron

Vinnie Vincent Buzz Kills Paul Stanley Live2Win Sydney Show

Post by metatron »

Did anyone go to the Sydney Enmore Theatre show. Think it was the 2nd night, 17th April 2007. Paul was doing his audience participation part of the show. He was doing the intro wail to Heaven's on Fire. He was getting the audience to repeat it. Then Paul spotted this guy in crowd doing it real well & got him up on stage. He then handed the mic to the guy & heyelled out at the top of his voice 'Vinnie Vincent rules.' Pauls face dropped & then he announce to the audience that, his 'Buzz had been Killed'. My friend & I where laughing so hard we almost started crying. Good Night had by all. :D

P.S Don't know who the 'Buzz Killer was'. Maybe your a member.
doublev

Post by doublev »

funny. i would have said that until a few weeks ago.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I went to the 1st Sydney show, nothing like that happened. Was a good show.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev

Post by doublev »

genebaby, do kiss still play shandi in australia. i think its the only country they ever play that.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

It's required by law.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, Paul has been playing Shandi since the 90's here. He plays it solo, it was a bit of a surprise the first time but now we are used to it.

Paul loves the Dynasy/Unmasked stuff he did. He got his way to play I Was Made again in 87/88 even though Gene wasn't fond of it.

There is a new special of their last tour here in 2008 where you'll see Paul getting ready for Shandi, it's called Kissteria and was shown here a few weeks ago. It's coming out on DVD apparently.
birnie

Re: Vinnie Vincent Buzz Kills Paul Stanley Live2Win Sydney S

Post by birnie »

metatron wrote:Did anyone go to the Sydney Enmore Theatre show. Think it was the 2nd night, 17th April 2007. Paul was doing his audience participation part of the show. He was doing the intro wail to Heaven's on Fire. He was getting the audience to repeat it. Then Paul spotted this guy in crowd doing it real well & got him up on stage. He then handed the mic to the guy & heyelled out at the top of his voice 'Vinnie Vincent rules.' Pauls face dropped & then he announce to the audience that, his 'Buzz had been Killed'. My friend & I where laughing so hard we almost started crying. Good Night had by all. :D

P.S Don't know who the 'Buzz Killer was'. Maybe your a member.
That was freegan halarious! :lol: :lol: :lol:
metatron

Post by metatron »

Birnie, was that you?
Batman

Post by Batman »

doublev wrote:genebaby, do kiss still play shandi in australia. i think its the only country they ever play that.
They did it in Norway this year..They did the little Forever routine as they did some times during the "Sonic Boom Over Europe" tour..think its like 1 vers plus a little more. But they seemed like having a good time. I think Gene og Tommy started playing the La Bamba riff...but then Paul started playing the Shandi riff and Tommy picked it up. So they did a little Shandi Jam...think it was 1 or 2 verses and 1 chorus. It was really cool. Unmasked did really well in scandinavia I think.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Unmasked was big in Europe and Australia, hence the touring schedule over there and none in the US. Then came the Elder with NO tour at all!!! How does that happen?..... :?
Batman

Post by Batman »

Genebaby wrote:Unmasked was big in Europe and Australia, hence the touring schedule over there and none in the US. Then came the Elder with NO tour at all!!! How does that happen?..... :?
They didn't really sell that many copies of the Elder did they? :lol:
a tour was planned, but I think it was dropped due to the big fiasco that was the elder.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

They should have went BALLS DEEP into a movie of 'The Elder'. That would've been a great flick. Tour to support the album and movie. Oh,what could have been.
-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
birnie

Post by birnie »

metatron wrote:Birnie, was that you?
No, i wish!
Just the read, and imagining it happen is good enuough for me.
birnie

Post by birnie »

poserboy71 wrote:They should have went BALLS DEEP into a movie of 'The Elder'. That would've been a great flick. Tour to support the album and movie. Oh,what could have been.
-PB71-
Could be wrong, but i thought it had been made with the intention of making a movie from it, but it never happenned?
And considering it's not a Soundtrack, it doesn't really work, well not for me anyway.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The other thing they stuffed up with the Elder was the track listing. They changed the order around so the story didn't flow with the songs because they wanted the singles to start off each side of the record. That's just crazy.....
eddiepagechicago

Post by eddiepagechicago »

I would have loved to have seen Stanley's face on that one!!!
Rise All Creatures...Hail To The Beast...
Eyes Full Of Fire, Consummate My Feast
teej

Post by teej »

lovd the elder actually .. wasnt kiss .. more like asia or something but was still a good lp
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

teej wrote:lovd the elder actually .. wasnt kiss .. more like asia or something but was still a good lp
I second that.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

IIIIIIIIIII am just a boyyyyyyyy. That performance on that Paul Stanley song is beyond effeminent. Put together an "A" Side of Just a Boy and a "B" Side of Hold Me Touch Me and I could imagine that Paul Stanley was a catcher for the "Rump Rangers" team?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

"Just A Boy" tells a cool story and Paul sigs some of it as a boy would , in a choir-like falsetto.

-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

i liked the elder too.

eric carr said they made part of the film but no one will see it, it was way too bad. This was actually from a radio interview during the lick it up tour i have. also in the same interview the host said to gene that vinnie had said that kiss was a mix of Led Zep, jeff Beck and Hendrix... gene got pissed and said 'no' those are vinnie's influences not kiss.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

doublev wrote:....also in the same interview the host said to gene that vinnie had said that kiss was a mix of Led Zep, jeff Beck and Hendrix... gene got pissed and said 'no' those are vinnie's influences not kiss.
Ha ha, yes, Gene would have hated that....though we never saw him as fuming as he was during the Tom Snyder Halloween interview, that was classic. So annoyed they put a cut down version on Kissology....