Invasion reunion?

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Genebaby
Site Admin

Invasion reunion?

Post by Genebaby »

Another post on here got me thinking, what are the chances of the original Invasion or MkII (with Mark, lol) reuniting?

It's been happening for years now with bands we thought would never play with each other again so why not the Invasion.

Time heals a lot of wounds and from the sounds of most of the old members it's most likely Vinnie that would be a problem, though without any statements from him we can't know that for sure.

Of course it's always been within Vinnies power to assemble a band and get out there and play, which would be awesome, there's always something special about original members.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I believe that you answered yourself. I don't think Vinnie would do it but MONEY DOES TALK. One phone call from Japan could help Vinnie out of his financial troubles. Judging from recent Mark Slaughter footage ,I don't think he could cut it. One tour of Japan is all it would take. Vinnie would also sell enough guitars there to live comfortably for a long while.

-PB71-
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Money does talk, and it's gotten a lot of people back together in the past. And you have to remember, never say never....maybe Vinnie will read this and the seed will be planted.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I think that's why we are writing so much on these forums. We love the guy SO MUCH that we're trying to drop hints of things that will get him some QUICK CASH. I'm sure he has thought of a lot of these ideas but maybe the positive (and negative ) reinforcement will INSPIRE him.

-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
Batman

Post by Batman »

I agree...it would first of all get a lot of attention. Not only from Vinnie fans, but fans of Slaughter, Kiss and Bobby Rock fans (also nelson). It would be exceptional PR for Vinnie. But I can't see Vinnie and Dana working together...though I think Vinnie acts like a child. Everyone can learn to forgive. And yes...money talks.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

One thing I've learnt from all the recent happening is that pandering to Vinnie, molly coddling him, has not worked.

It's time for some Tough Love! Vinnie's been getting that here, and it's about time. Telling it like it is may not work either, but hey, look what the other way has gotten us. Nada, nothing, zip.

The world is a tough place if you put yourself out there, you're open to criticism and judgment, that's nothing new and Vinnie's been criticised since day one of joining Kiss and then with the Invasion. Man up, take it on the chin and get on with it!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Vic,
You speak the truth but like I've always said on this board, his actions won't change mine. I will praise his history and call him out on his bullshit. You are correct, one would figure Vinnie's skin to be extremely thick given his history. If the coddling was only to GET SOMETHING from Vinnie I would call BULLSHIT to everyone here. I believe that most people here GENUINELY care about Vinnie to a fault. As long as that fault doesn't affect anyone's family, then live and let live.

-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

Don't think he can 'man up'. Think about, if you lost that many, trying to sue KISS , wouldn't you count your loses & move on. Even if you know that you are in the right, like you said Vic, the world is a tough place. Personally I know you can cross all the tees, dot all the eyes, be a decent human being & still be f**ked over. Only 3 years ago I lost half a mill & I had no recourse. (I blame no one for this, I trusted people, I didn't do my homework & I f**k up. Ultimately I took personal responsibility for the outcome. Even though I was in the right, the law isn't written that way. Morality & Reality could be any further away from each other in the whole spectrum of life...Money talk, Bullsh!t walks) I almost died (several times) which for the most part I put down to the stress I was under. Spent 3 months getting cut from head to toe in hospital. Had to learn to walk again,,,Blah, Blah, Blah...I can keep going on & on. The thing I'm trying to say is, well, we all fall at some time. The only thing you can do is get up, dust your self off & try again. This is life. To Err Is Human.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

... To forgive divine. Remember?
It's obvious that all of us need a good support system. I know that I have fallen upon mine in recent years with divorce and job issues. Maybe Vinnie doesn't have a good support system in his life. Maybe we are all he has and any questions on our part are looked at by him as betrayal. He definitely has had issues with trust in his business dealings, I hope he didn't have that in his personal life as well. I've felt betrayal from both sides and I'm alright.Maybe he just doesn't know how to react to, or even recognize, genuine love and respect anymore. I hope he has the love of family because that is all that matters.
-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote:... To forgive divine. I hope he has the love of family because that is all that matters.
-PB71-
I 2nd that. BTW hope your all good poserboy71.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

metatron wrote:
poserboy71 wrote:... To forgive divine. I hope he has the love of family because that is all that matters.
-PB71-
I 2nd that. BTW hope your all good poserboy71.
You too Metatron, it sounds as if you've had a hell of a ride lately. I'm am the best I've ever been even though shit still exists in my life. It took almost 40 years to understand that it is all about my reactions and what people and emotions I let into my life. I'm still learning to be at piece with a lot of things but the key is STAYING HAPPY at all cost.

THANKS MAN, Rick Poserboy71

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

Yep, staying happy...pretty hard to do. I found that minimizing things in your life is a good start. It's hard in the fake reality that we live in. The whole keeping up with the Jones bullsh!t. I've realised that the important things in life have no $ value. And everything that has a $ is worthless. You can't buy true love. You can buy a f**k, but that's not love. You can't buy good health. The riches people on the planet still die at the same rate as everyone else. In saying, I rather have money than not, cause this matrix we live in, demands it from you. I think of us, the human beings, the flesh, as the interface you need on this plane of existence, for this the physical world. To make things worse we have all been brain washed to believe that we need all the other 'things', like the new wiz bang mobile, the $8000 AZG, the yacht, the rolls, the private jet, the dirty blonde in the red Corvette. We are all brain washed to believe that these 'things' are going to make you happy, but all they really do this stagnate your spiritual well being. All we really need is food, shelter, clothing & love...All you need is love. :D
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

When in doubt ,quote The Beatles and they will remind you of the important things in life. Even in a song like 'Rocky Racoon' ,a song that can be MISINTERPRETED as silly, Rocky finds a BIBLE. Funny but true. There's a message in everything if you care to find it.

ob-la di ,ob-la da LIFE GOES ON,

-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

I've always liked 'Happiness is a Warm Gun' from the White Album. Then again I'm just a little sick that way. (Still working through so issues :twisted: )

BTW to all my American friends, more power to RON PAUL, Alex Jones & Glenn Beck. :D
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Wow guys, good to see you're both ok and doing well. Vinnie could learn just from yourselves about being a good person, getting on with life and about what's most important.
metatron

Post by metatron »

it's the journey not the destination
metatron

Post by metatron »

Here u go Vinnie, Real-a-lise!

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Oh, Someone else was watching our session metatron !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I got lost in your eyes and your swinging gold watch. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You're getting SLEEPY... ...VERY SLEEPY. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Amen to both metatron and Genebaby !!

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71, I am getting VERY SLEEPY. Going home (from work)to sleep now. talk 2 u 2nite, 2day....u know what i mean.
doublev

Post by doublev »

100% chance that V will not reunited with any of the ASG line up. the guy holds grudges for life as far as I can tell. Plus he no longer owns the name Invasion, it went back to the Dokken guitarist he bought it from after 7 years.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev wrote:100% chance that V will not reunited with any of the ASG line up. the guy holds grudges for life as far as I can tell. Plus he no longer owns the name Invasion, it went back to the Dokken guitarist he bought it from after 7 years.

Say what? Which Dokken guitarist?

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Surely someone else can't own the name Vinnie Vincent Invasion? We just call it Invasion for short because we know what we're referring to.
Batman

Post by Batman »

Actually that's a good point.... "Invasion" may be copyrighted as a musical act. But "Vinnie Vincent Invasion" wouldn't that be something different.
I mean... wouldn't that mean White Lion, White Tiger, Whitesnake, White Cross couldn't co-exist ? Or am I completely wrong here...
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

its possible some one trademarked the name VVI

how ever VV would be a fool not to himself
Fullshed

Post by Fullshed »

these day's honestly, I don't think VV can handle a trip to Target. Cert not a rock tour
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

hahaahahaha