Guitars From Hell

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
DirtyRhythm

Guitars From Hell

Post by DirtyRhythm »

So with all the fuss going on the last few weeks it's actually made me nostalgic for VV music. So I pulled out these tracks and listened to them on the way to work today...

Man...considering it's only about 1/2 of what was supposed to be on it and in poor quality, its still pretty freakin' amazing. His guitar work seemed to have taken another leap from the first Invasion disc to this. Still speedy, but with more melody and control. Nuke It and Rocks on Fire are two of the best songs he's ever written.

But it did have me thinking...where did it change for Vinnie? How did it go from recording this amazing album to releasing 4 demos (The EP/Euphoria) six years later then a long CD (Speedball Jamm) of noodling five years after that...then nothing.
Nuke It, Nuke It...start over again
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Not quite like the Bangles song, that's the Eternal Question. How does someone go from "here" to "there" when it should have been so different.

With luck we'll hear these songs in full glory, maybe even this year. Heck, we're meant to be getting some new Randy Rhoads video footage this year so ANYTHING can happen!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I heard that there are TWO live Randy Rhoads' concerts that they are going through to make this pending DVD. I hope the rumors are true. I just wish that they would release ALL of the footage in all it's glory. Hopefully they leave the audio alone and don't get crazy fixing Ozzy's vocals and Rudy's out of tune bass. On second thought, FIX THE BASS.

As for Vinnie, We all know the releases are coming.He's hurting and we will have his back and buy EVERYTHING if the prices are fair !

-PB71-
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Rudy never played bass on an Ozzy album with Randy. It was Bob Daisly on both, which is part of the problems between the original artists and the Ozzy camp with Sharon at the helm. Hopefully we do get both the shows in ALL their glory.

I don't know how many there are but there are a FEW people waiting to buy Vinnie's stuff now, if he hasn't turned them off fully. His mission in 2010 is to make NEW fans.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I know Rudy didn't play on the studio stuff.Bob Daisley is a masterful bassist, songwriter and musician. I had the honor of doing a live chat with him on the Rhoads forum. Listen to 'Speak Of The Devil',and 'Tribute' for Rudy's 'incredible' playing. No wonder he doesn't play on most of the albums that have his picture on them

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

vinnie's big in colombia!!!look at the youtube stats.

I'm big in Albania , for what I have no idea.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I'm big everywhere I go. I'm a fat ass. 8)

NEWBEGINNINGS
DirtyRhythm

Post by DirtyRhythm »

poserboy71 wrote:I know Rudy didn't play on the studio stuff.Bob Daisley is a masterful bassist, songwriter and musician. I had the honor of doing a live chat with him on the Rhoads forum. Listen to 'Speak Of The Devil',and 'Tribute' for Rudy's 'incredible' playing. No wonder he doesn't play on most of the albums that have his picture on them
I saw Rudy live with Dio on the Master of the Moon tour...he was very, very good.
doublev

Post by doublev »

did anyone see whitesnake live? I thought VV could have kicked ass in that band.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I saw them in 94, only because Warren was playing for them, it was my dream to see Ratt and that was the closest I could get at the time. I met him quickly after the show and got my cd covers autographed, was stoked.

Got to see Ratt finally in 2007, hope they come back again for their new tour!
Batman

Post by Batman »

doublev wrote:did anyone see whitesnake live? I thought VV could have kicked ass in that band.
Coverdale could have thought him some good english manners. Yeh, they should have called Vin instead of Vai when Vandenberg couldn't play on the Slip of the tongue album.

Thinking about how they're either Vin, Vai or Van. He'd certainly blend in well :lol:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev wrote:did anyone see whitesnake live? I thought VV could have kicked ass in that band.

I saw Whitesnake about 6 years ago . Very good live band. Doug Aldrich SMOKED , Reb Beach played second fiddle,Marco Mendoza played and sang great , and Mr. Coverdale was a PUSS-Machine !!

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

Does anyone know how the 'Guitars from Hell' demo was leaked? Was it a Bait & Switch plot by VV? Was it a way to keep the hype going? One for the X files. :shock:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I guess only one person can answer that. 8)

NEWBEGINNINGS
teej

Post by teej »

poserboy71 wrote:I guess only one person can answer that. 8)
Ask Andre .. he has the whole fucking album
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Do you think Andre leaked it ? I thought he wasn't even allowed to leave the studio with a tape in order to LEARN the songs?

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

teej wrote:
poserboy71 wrote:I guess only one person can answer that. 8)
Ask Andre .. he has the whole fucking album
I asked Andre to appear on this forum about 3 weeks ago. Still no answers. Before that he'd reply to all my mails. Fucknose what going on?
teej

Post by teej »

from experience Andre is cool till you start to nail him with questions about VV .. then he goes all quiet .. dont know why ..
doublev

Post by doublev »

No not Andre
doublev

Post by doublev »

I would guess some engineer or studio manager in Los Angeles. Andre was.nowhere to be found until a couple of years ago and he has full respect for Vinnie, a real pro. No way was it him.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Its most likely a record company, either enigma or somewhere where the demos were shopped around.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Only Vinnie knows or can give fair speculation.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

TAlso Andre and Robert only have unmixed versions. A guy I spoke with on the phone who now lives in London and worked with cat steevens and Paul mc cartney called Kelly pribble was studio manager at quad in Nashville in 1996 and friends with v. He said guitarmageddon was completely finished and had the whole album. He actually was surprised it hadn't come out as he had lost touch with Vinnie. The thing is that those demos are from California and not Nashville. The Nashville stuff seems to be truly under lock (to quote dokken)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Think of all the cool tunes in Vinnie's 'vault'.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

Also I do think it was a poor decision not to credit Andre on euphoria and not even to thank him. Two of those tracks were him.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Dino, Do you know what involvement Tj Racer 'Anthony Brehmer' (Nitro) had in the GFH and/or Euphoria.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Yes Vinnies vaults must be jaw dropping.
Batman

Post by Batman »

doublev wrote:Also I do think it was a poor decision not to credit Andre on euphoria and not even to thank him. Two of those tracks were him.
Was it him alone, or was it mixed with a drum machine? I get confused, and I've also only heard the "Euphoria version" of the EP.
doublev

Post by doublev »

tj racer had nothing to do with vv.

i think fullshred and wild child were andre (maybe with some machine too) and euphoria and get the lead out were machine (funny as get the lead out was andre's favourite tune). Ask Andre, when i asked a few years ago it was fullshred and wild child. not sure why they re-did the drums with a machine.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Had seen this;

that's why I was wondering if T J Racer had been involved in GFH
DirtyRhythm

Post by DirtyRhythm »

poserboy71 wrote:Do you think Andre leaked it ? I thought he wasn't even allowed to leave the studio with a tape in order to LEARN the songs?
I'd say Andre was not the source...the quality is much lower than what he has. He put a sample of "Shocker" up on MySpace for a few days before Vinnie had it taken down. The quality of it was superb!!
teej

Post by teej »

DirtyRhythm wrote:
poserboy71 wrote:Do you think Andre leaked it ? I thought he wasn't even allowed to leave the studio with a tape in order to LEARN the songs?
I'd say Andre was not the source...the quality is much lower than what he has. He put a sample of "Shocker" up on MySpace for a few days before Vinnie had it taken down. The quality of it was superb!!
yup I used to have it before my hard drive self destructed
doublev

Post by doublev »

no , tj racer had nothing to do with vv. he was friends with andre however