1990-2009

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
syncophile42

1990-2009

Post by syncophile42 »

Do we have any idea what VV’s been doing between 1990 and 2009, like - at all?

I mean there was Euphoria and Guitarmageddon plus the Kiss conventions all in the mid to late ‘90s, and suing Kiss every now and again, but there doesn’t seem to be much in the scheme of things - especially after 2000.

I respect his privacy and am not prying or digging for dirt, I just wondered what he’d been up to; writing and playing whilst keeping his head down, or just hanging out the washing and whitewashing the fence?
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." - Douglas Adams
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: 1990-2009

Post by Genebaby »

Clearly, for a guy with soooo much talent he has been squandering it. Look at what a lot of others with only a fraction of Vinnie's abilities have achieved in this time frame? How? They just got on with it.

I think he spends a lot of time seething. Just seething. Much how Kramer would sit and "yearn". Possibly he does it in front of a mirror, to get his expression just right, with a good amount of teeth showing, but not too much mind you.

He may be able to add Professional Seether to his list of talents, maybe use it as part of a comeback?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

reading stuff on the internet
doublev

Post by doublev »

He was working on demos to sell to country artists from at least 1989. I few things came out including someone saying that his country tunes didn't have the humour and irony needed?? Fixing the pieces together it seems as if he went to Nashville in around 1993 or 94 to work with Felix Cavaliere. It seems like this didn't happen unless VV decided to work without credit. A few people have suggested he maybe a ghost writer for some artists but its seems to me that he isn't. Supposedly someone very close to him suggested we hear some songs he writes on the radio without knowing it, but again its just straws and most likely not really true.
Other than that it seems as if he totally when into hiding and consentrated on suing Kiss. Its clear that for at least 2 years he has been reading VV forums, but I am not so sure he looked at the old pyro board, pyro has not fully said if he knew or not. I don't think.

He has also purchased a huge amount of domain names since the mid 90s (or his wife maybe). It unclear why he would spend such vast amounts of money to own thousands of domains. Funny enough he let vinnievincent.com expire. I believe a guy in Florida had it first and then he gave it to pyro. I then took it over after winning it in an online auction and I passed it directly to Vinnie (however its in the name of his wife).

thats all I know. He did work with Ritchie Ranno on the Speedball Jamm thing and a few other projects. But thats all I know.