2000 Butterfields auction

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
mp5999

2000 Butterfields auction

Post by mp5999 »

Ok, here are some pics with info from the 2000 Kiss auction. Please note , I was told that the prices were estimates that Gene came up with which are fairly ramdom as some were way low but most were quite high (especially Genes stuff!!). Anyways, I bought a book today from ebay that lists the actual prices of what the stuff sold for, once I get it I will post what the VV stuff brought.

mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

more pics

doublev

Post by doublev »

looks like tommy thayer. lol
Batman

Post by Batman »

doublev wrote:looks like tommy thayer. lol
don't be rude.. :P
doublev

Post by doublev »

i mean the hair on the last one.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Some cool stuff, it will be interesting to find out what it fetched....if Vinnie ressurects his career it could go up in value, and if he keeps tanking it, down... :shock:
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I heard rumors that Gene and Paul really didn't sell most of the stuff. That the 'auction' was basically a way to determine what the stuff was WORTH for insurance purposes. WHAT DO I KNOW ?

-PB71-
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

poserboy71 wrote:I heard rumors that Gene and Paul really didn't sell most of the stuff. That the 'auction' was basically a way to determine what the stuff was WORTH for insurance purposes. WHAT DO I KNOW ?

-PB71-

Interesting,where did you heard that ?
eddiepagechicago

Post by eddiepagechicago »

poserboy71 wrote:I heard rumors that Gene and Paul really didn't sell most of the stuff. That the 'auction' was basically a way to determine what the stuff was WORTH for insurance purposes. WHAT DO I KNOW ?

-PB71-
That does not surprise me...Gene used the Kisstory Book & the '95 Meet and Greet Official Kiss Convention to fund (obtain venture capital) for the Initial Reunion Tour in '96. $150.00 for the book and $500.00 for the convention. It really added up quickly for them. Yes, you and I funded the initial investment for the '96 reunion tour. Tommy Thayer was the front door guy at the Entrance at the '95 Convention Tour here in Chicago where he was checking in passes / credentials. He was Gene's assistant / bitch for years. Gene believes that anyone who works for him should not get a day off!!! This info I am telling you comes from a very very close friend of mine who use to have Gene call him at home occasionally. Swear to God.

If I had the power or persuasion...I would make Gene & Paul give financial compensation to Vinnie for all his work getting those two back on the right track in the rock 'n roll mayhem of the early eighties. Kiss would have never kept up (and barely did) with the likes of Motley Crue, Dio, Ozzy, Halen and so on...Oh and let's not forget...Black 'n Blue.
Rise All Creatures...Hail To The Beast...
Eyes Full Of Fire, Consummate My Feast
doublev

Post by doublev »

I don't really know what v claims to have not got . Can you explain Eddie. are you saying he didn't get his royalties? It seems like some legal technicalities or contracts he did or did not sign caused some of the issues. I think kiss basically tell new members you have to take very little or you will not be hired.
eddiepagechicago

Post by eddiepagechicago »

doublev,

I will scan through the pdf and find the pages where it states Vinnie was suppose to be paid, and did agree upon a salary. The contract stated that if Vinnie was not paid his salary for work completed for The Kiss Company, royalty rights would revert back to Vinnie and not SimStan Music.
Hopefully, this quick explanation of how I read this court document. T
Rise All Creatures...Hail To The Beast...
Eyes Full Of Fire, Consummate My Feast
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It's very complicated, but basically it was all to do with Vinnie being a salaried band member and everything he wrote belonging to the Kiss company, much like an employee of a company developing products on company time are owned by the company he works for, not himself.

There was a date agreed that Kiss would pay Vinnie a sum in lieu of Vinnie owning the publishing, a deadline they missed.

When they did pay Vinnie money after wards he considered this part of the publishing now owed to him as per the agreement they had breached and Kiss considered it the full payment to own the publishing even though they were late.

I think it would have been pretty cut and dried except that Vinnie didn't contest the publishing when going through his first bankruptcy in 1989 when considering the creditors he owed.

This oversight has obviously changed things because Kiss were able to successfully challenge his lawsuits about being owed money, which I don't think they would have won had things not gone awry in 1989.

This is how I see the whole fiasco. I can't understand why Vinnie kept suing again and again when it seemed cut and dried the first time.

The situation may suck, but you have to learn from it and move on, do better next time.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

eddiepagechicago wrote:
That does not surprise me...Gene used the Kisstory Book & the '95 Meet and Greet Official Kiss Convention to fund (obtain venture capital) for the Initial Reunion Tour in '96. $150.00 for the book and $500.00 for the convention. It really added up quickly for them. Yes, you and I funded the initial investment for the '96 reunion tour.
You may be correct about the other things but the Official Kiss Convention had a $100.00 admission charge. The money would still add up though.

Fun fact about the conventions: I was the person that one the Bruce Kulick guitar. This was months before Bruce came out with his signature model so I received an E.S.P. Vintage Plus guitar. I went to BOTH the Pittsburgh Pa. and Cleveland,Ohio stops. I filled out hundreds of forms ALL DAY at BOTH conventions. Fast forward a week or so , I get a phone call from Tommy Thayer saying that I won the guitar and that he will send release forms that NEED to be back within two weeks or I forfeit my prize. I receive the release papers and send them back. A little over a week later, I get nervous that the paperwork didn't get there in time so I sent the release again along with a note explaining my concern that I'm late.

**THIS IS WHERE IT GETS FUN**

Within a day or so , a beautiful black E.S.P. arrives at my door. I'm in heaven because I got a $1,200.00 guitar for free. YIPEE !!!!!
Another week or so goes by and my parents call me into their room before I go to college for the day and they ask me to get something out of their closet. I see the cardboard box that my guitar came in and figured that they wanted me to take it out to the trash. I go to pick it up,I'm thinking to myself,"DAMN, Why is this box SO HEAVY ?" I look inside the box and see my guitar case in it and asked them why they put my guitar back in the box.LONG PAUSE ... ...They aren't answering. At this point I'm totally confused until it HITS ME: Kiss and E.S.P. accidentally sent me TWO guitars :!: :!: :!: :!:

I debated for about a second if I should be honest and return the second guitar. GUESS WHAT I DID? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

-Poserboy71-, The keeper of two guitars !! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

poserboy71 wrote:
eddiepagechicago wrote:
That does not surprise me...Gene used the Kisstory Book & the '95 Meet and Greet Official Kiss Convention to fund (obtain venture capital) for the Initial Reunion Tour in '96. $150.00 for the book and $500.00 for the convention. It really added up quickly for them. Yes, you and I funded the initial investment for the '96 reunion tour.
You may be correct about the other things but the Official Kiss Convention had a $100.00 admission charge. The money would still add up though.

Fun fact about the conventions: I was the person that one the Bruce Kulick guitar. This was months before Bruce came out with his signature model so I received an E.S.P. Vintage Plus guitar. I went to BOTH the Pittsburgh Pa. and Cleveland,Ohio stops. I filled out hundreds of forms ALL DAY at BOTH conventions. Fast forward a week or so , I get a phone call from Tommy Thayer saying that I won the guitar and that he will send release forms that NEED to be back within two weeks or I forfeit my prize. I receive the release papers and send them back. A little over a week later, I get nervous that the paperwork didn't get there in time so I sent the release again along with a note explaining my concern that I'm late.

**THIS IS WHERE IT GETS FUN**

Within a day or so , a beautiful black E.S.P. arrives at my door. I'm in heaven because I got a $1,200.00 guitar for free. YIPEE !!!!!
Another week or so goes by and my parents call me into their room before I go to college for the day and they ask me to get something out of their closet. I see the cardboard box that my guitar came in and figured that they wanted me to take it out to the trash. I go to pick it up,I'm thinking to myself,"DAMN, Why is this box SO HEAVY ?" I look inside the box and see my guitar case in it and asked them why they put my guitar back in the box.LONG PAUSE ... ...They aren't answering. At this point I'm totally confused until it HITS ME: Kiss and E.S.P. accidentally sent me TWO guitars :!: :!: :!: :!:

I debated for about a second if I should be honest and return the second guitar. GUESS WHAT I DID? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

-Poserboy71-, The keeper of two guitars !! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
You take the second guitar, too. Isn't it??
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Oh, I see you are the owner of two guitars :))))) LOL