hard rock guitar Cardiff

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
doublev

hard rock guitar Cardiff

Post by doublev »

I would like to know why the Rhodes v used by Vinnie that is on display at the hard rock in Cardiff says it was used during the creatures and lick it up tours yet its pink with a pink painted headstock and we all know he did not use a pink guitar on the creatures tour and he did not have any guitar with a pink headstock anytime during any kiss tour. I think it would be cool to know just when the headstock was painted and Jackson logo replaced. It would be great to have that cleared up. I was going to speak to Grover Jackson to see when the work was done on that guitar. Maybe this week if I have time. Anyone have any ideas?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Is this the guitar he used at the Expos in 96? It was all pink with a missing neck pickup. Do we have pics of the HRC one?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev

Post by doublev »

i think it is the same. i am in cardiff next week and will take a few pictures.
it could well be one that he used, just the weird thing is the pink painted headstock as that is something that is very specific to change and as he didn't use rhodes v's after kiss , i wonder why he would bother.

The one in Cardiff does have the neck pick up but the trem is not original for sure and is not even attached correctly. I doubt the guitar plays without some work.
doublev

Post by doublev »

this is a youtube video that doesn't show much but it clearly shows that the guitar in the picture has a black headstock. if it is one he used on creatures like the plaque says it mush have been painted pink for the lick it up tour and then the headstock painted pink and a new style jackson decal added later after he left kiss.

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The one at Cardiff does seem to have reverse sharkfins, which are fairly rare on a Rhoads. Not impossible to have them but it would mean a complete repaint as the guitar would most likely not have been pink to start with.

Some good pics would be a start to unravel the mystery.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i alway thought it was a respray, but its just a mystery why the headstock was resprayed after kiss. most likely we will never know.
teej

Post by teej »

3 seconds into the hard rock vid .. the headstock looks black
doublev

Post by doublev »

no, its pink i have been their in person . i will find another video. if you go to the hard rock cardiff online tour you will see it better. a picture exists somewhere too.
doublev

Post by doublev »

still not good buy got to restaurant view II on the 360 tour and zoom in when you see the rhodes v on the wall http://www.hardrock.com/locations/cafes ... IBenumID=3
doublev

Post by doublev »

also click on bar at the bottom of the page (its not 360) and click on larger view. You will see the VV rhodes and make out the pink headstock
doublev

Post by doublev »

good it worked, i can see the pink headstock in the picture
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

So is there any certificate of authenticity with the guitar (anything on the wall??) or do you think maybe its either one they made thats similar to hang on their wall? Dino - please get the serial # off of it, that will help me greatly to verify alot of info about it.

Or it could be a scenario like mine where Vinnie was offering to sell a guitar that he didnt have (or did have but didnt want to get rid of ??). He could have painted a Rhoads pink, told the hard rock "this is the guitar I used with Kiss etc and I will sell it for xx$$$".

My point is, just because the sign next to the guitar says what it does, I would have a really hard time believing it. Yet I could see someone from the hard rock buying the story because they dont know all of the insane things that we do about mr VV.
We have seen whats he been willing to do for some $ . Sorry, I hate to say it any more than you want to hear it but the guy is off his rocker. I just try to have sympathy for him (it is a sickness, after all) rather than anger.
doublev

Post by doublev »

from memory it says it was used on the creatures and lick it up tour and to record the lick it up album. I think he signed a letter stating that. I looked for the serial and did not find one. It maybe in a different place than normal but I will look again. I think Grover Jackson is the best guy to look at it. There was a close up of the plaque and guitar on the pyro board i think or my old board.
i think this one has a rosewood fingerboard, if he did use it in kiss it may have been a protype with no serial.. is that possible. When I went in the restaurant was busy and i didn't want to stand on a chair in front of everyone trying to find a serial.
there is pictures on the internet somewhere but i can not find them in a search
doublev

Post by doublev »

the photo of vv next to it is a pink rhodes, clearly with a black headstock, so its clear the paint job is not the same to anyone. this is why its interesting to know what happened and if it is supposed to be the one in the picture or not.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Get us those pics Dino!! The serial should be after the last fret on the fingerboard.

Some good pics can tell us the condition and if you can do the headstock nice and close we can see how it's been done.
doublev

Post by doublev »

ok. like i said , no serial number on the neck.i did take a long shot on my old cellphone but i don't know where that one iis.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i got emails going out to jackson and the hard rock tomorrow to see what they know. just to ease our minds. too bad there are no fans in cardiff so we can get it sooner.