The 2006 Las Vegas Comeback

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Streetbeat

The 2006 Las Vegas Comeback

Post by Streetbeat »

What's the story behind it ???
What happened ?

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=57104

According to a posting at EdRomanGuitars.com, former KISS guitarist Vinnie Vincent will tentatively be appearing informally to "shred the walls down" at the Ed Roman Guitars location in Las Vegas. "He will be jamming and previewing some new tracks, and promoting the new Ed Roman Vinnie Vincent guitar," the posting reads. More information will be made available soon.
KISSFAQ

Post by KISSFAQ »

I remember that there were efforts to get Vinnie to appear at one of the New York expos a few years back, efforts that ultimately fell through due to [allegedly] a certain amount of paranoia concerning fans, personal security, etc. I wondered at the time if it was a fear of getting abused over the "Archives" fiasco, so perhaps similar derailed the Ed Roman stuff...
VVV

Post by VVV »

:arrow:
Last edited by VVV on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

VVV wrote:
The ad appeared in Gene's "Goldmine" with Vinnie as the featured guest (I have a copy).

cool to see that !!!
doublev

Post by doublev »

All I know from speaking with Tom is that Tom and ed Roman were going to work together on a vv guitar. I think but maybe wrong but Tom pulled out. Ed Roman has many stories but I can not really trust any of it too much. I think the partnership with ed is why the pear mace was on the ed Roman site. What I know is the pear was planned for the 90s but I bet because of the heavy metal market dropping out it maybe why it never happened. Ed said some bad things I shouldn't quote but did call Tom a friend. Anyone can call ed and ask him. He is an old school character and has a lot of conspiracy theories about big guitar makers but I think a lot of info is not correct.
As for the live appearance I could see it being true but then maybe he backed out. Who knows , maybe speak to ed.