from youtube

News and information from 2018 onwards
doublev

Re: from youtube

Post by doublev »

the youtube ad is beyone belief.

Please buy a guitar and also watch out you may get sued.

its totally mad.

i don't believe anyone who has seen this for the first time would even believe its real.
syncophile42

Post by syncophile42 »

True, true.

Unfortunately I think our suggestions, well meant advice and offers of help are probably all counterproductive. They are probably seen as intrusive, controlling and arrogant to someone who has been treated very badly in the past, feels that virtually everyone is his enemy and has his own agenda.

It’s not surprising that he is trying to do everything himself and struggling, what is surprising to me, the more I learn, is that he decided on some form of comeback at all.

So writing this is also counterproductive I expect. However we can hope that perhaps some of our suggestions filter through and are helpful at some level, he can even claim them as his own if it helps, or shutdown, whatever.
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." - Douglas Adams
doublev

Post by doublev »

he will not trust anyone to work for him and to a degree I understand that.
But he can not sell anything the way he is doing it. Truthfully he should give up and see if any mass produced guitar company are willing to give it a shot. If it does well its a great promotion of his name. Look what it did to Randy or Les Paul. Even if he took nothing for the use of the guitar but demanded his name to be used it could have brought his name back and promoted him in many different ways.
That said I don't see any guitar company taking a risk on this unknown guitar even with no fee to Vinnie.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

And we know that Vinnie is all a bout the fee!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev

Post by doublev »

i think drew could have gotten a deal with Dean Guitars possibly.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev wrote:i think drew could have gotten a deal with Dean Guitars possibly.

Dean guitars would be great since they admittedly seek out the shredders BUT I still think DBZ guitars (Dean Zelinsky) is the company that would give Vinnie the individual attention that he wants.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

syncophile42 is on the spot
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

syncophile42 wrote:True, true.

Unfortunately I think our suggestions, well meant advice and offers of help are probably all counterproductive. They are probably seen as intrusive, controlling and arrogant to someone who has been treated very badly in the past, feels that virtually everyone is his enemy and has his own agenda.

It’s not surprising that he is trying to do everything himself and struggling, what is surprising to me, the more I learn, is that he decided on some form of comeback at all.

So writing this is also counterproductive I expect. However we can hope that perhaps some of our suggestions filter through and are helpful at some level, he can even claim them as his own if it helps, or shutdown, whatever.
Yes, SPOT ON. I can believe he would think we have a self-serving agenda but we really don't. We would like to see him succeed. If that means that we get to purchase new music and cool guitars at great prices then that would be a bonus. If he takes credit for any of our suggestions, then i would consider that a compliment.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

Rick,???????????
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I'm still a fan. Like i have always said, I will remain the same person no matter how someone else treats me. It has indeed gotten personal at times yet I still think the man needs a hand UP. Live by example. He most likely will not accept but that's his problem.

I have always been respectful with my wishes for Vinnie and I only want good things for everyone .

The podcast is coming and it will be 1-2 hours in length and done in a truthful ,yet respectable tone.

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev wrote:i think drew could have gotten a deal with Dean Guitars possibly.
Dean have access to Asian manufacturers and their lower end signature models look to to be well made.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Via Youtube:

Update: There are "talks" in the works of a VINNIE VINCENT live performance this year. (one show only)

NEWBEGINNINGS
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

THAT WOULD BE GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IF he could show the world his power on the six strings he could obviously boost
the interest on his guitar line ...even a simple youtube video would make it !
doublev

Post by doublev »

Would be good if it works out, in fact i would be shocked if it happens. But that would be a real cool thing to do.
Euphoria

Post by Euphoria »

That would be a fantastic thing. We can but hope! Sure I have my doubts, and it may just be a some to get more interest up/bait this forum, but if it happens, then all power to VV. I hope it happens, and good luck to him. I mean that.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

I would seriously consider making the trip to see this show... Nashville?? Knowing my luck it would be cancelled on the night... That's a long ride back to Australia!! 8)
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
zemsguitar11

Post by zemsguitar11 »

dude sweet.....vinnie live=awesome
JEFF ZEM
VVV

Post by VVV »

He still has the chance.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

dean can make a god guitar , they just sent me a deciever F ... its very nice for a korean guitar at the price point . i have friends at the sale dept there and AR , good people . Tazz has ordered a few custom orders and has had some trouble.. all companys make mistakes and have issues dong stuff .. guitars are more delecta ethan lamborghinis because every one can afford one at some point and people get REAAALLL picky.. so its easy to have some returned gear
cb
doublev

Post by doublev »

vinnie really should speak with Drew. He can make it happen. VV would make more money than the nothing that he is going to make off the guitar at 10k. He will also get a name for himself again, more interest in the guitar, like shows to promote the guitar line and possibly guitarhero would take notice.

He needs to be smart, come of his high horse and let Drew do the business.

He has done it for Michael Angelo and many others and he is 100% trustworthy with the business side as all the names he has worked with are still working with him.

What he doesn't need to do is speak with them directly asking for 4k or even 1k per guitar.. forget it - not going to happen.
doublev

Post by doublev »

he really needs a very cheap line.. sold in the stores.. risk free. this would be the best thing for him.. they can offer a high end version also, but he needs the kids picking up his guitar.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Dean is a good company. A local band that I worked for from Youngstown (Sinomatic) got some free guitars from them 10 years ago. Solid guitars and reasonably priced.

The Dean Guitars I have played lately have that cheap Schecter feel to them yet they are SOLID. I'm sure they are more than capable of making a great playing (and feeling) guitar to Vinnie's specs.

I have a few older Dean Guitars and they ROCK.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

I think he just needs his name out in the stores, that is the best way for a revival of his music. Personally I don't like dean but a lot do.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Even if he doesn't make a penny its a very good business idea. It would validate his existence and start as a platform to his music. If he asks for lots of money he is a fool.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Given that Dean is the BIGGEST SUPPORTER of the shredders from years ago , it would be in Vinnie's best interest to check into it.

Like I said, the newer Deans haven't impressed me much but I'm sure they could make a quite impressive VV Signature model.

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

They take out FULL PAGE ads in magazines . It's all about cross-promotion.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

I would love to see Vinnie successful again! I would purchase a fairly priced guitar for sure!

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

All of us would.
I promise you this though.
For every "Official" Vinnie guitar I purchase , I will purchase aTJ MONSTER guitar.
Last edited by poserboy71 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

Drew can make it happen. Even if vv went to China he couldn't get the guitars in the stores . Vv needs to use dean to get his name back out there and dean would love I am sure to have vv. But he needs to realize he needs to build his name before he can make 4k per guitar.
He needs to be smart. He still has a chance to open up a new market and career. Money demands now is stupid. He needs to understand he will always a victim if he wants crazy money for stuff.
doublev

Post by doublev »

I think its impossible for vinnie to deal with any company but he really should take advice and do it. Just get his name out. The reason he isn't known as well is because he never just went for it, always had to put something in the way. boy I wish I was his manager.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

doublev wrote:I think its impossible for vinnie to deal with any company but he really should take advice and do it. Just get his name out. The reason he isn't known as well is because he never just went for it, always had to put something in the way. boy I wish I was his manager.
Ahhhh, no you don't!
All your hard work would blow up in your face with his incessant unrealistic demands. You would be be the nice guy who was stuck in between the sincere companies and the man who never saw a deal that he couldn't ruin. :lol:
doublev

Post by doublev »

It would never happen anyway, but what i am saying is he needs someone who gives a shit about him and also can tell him to back down . We all need that now and again.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

I think Vinnie needs a negotiator more than a manager :wink:

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
so42gob4dawn

Post by so42gob4dawn »

doublev wrote:he really needs a very cheap line.. sold in the stores.. risk free. this would be the best thing for him.. they can offer a high end version also, but he needs the kids picking up his guitar.
I don't agree with that. He doesn't need to market to kids. That's not where his market is. His market is... what's the word I'm looking for? .. intermediate? That doesn't sound right... guitar players that have already been playing for years and are looking to learn more advanced techniques. He need his name on quality, not junk in quantity. I agree though 9k is asking too much, especially with the economy the way it is.
It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be.
doublev

Post by doublev »

I am talking $700 to $1500 range.
Also he could have a market in kids.
I am just saying a product that is selling and people start looking into who vinnie Vincent is. If a guitar company that is already cool with the kids comes in and makes it its going to help him so much more than a luxury market custom guitar that only a few know about ever will. He can not put the cheap guitar out himself .. it has to be dean or similsr
doublev

Post by doublev »

Soon we can contact les kero as he is the owner not vinnie. Maybe we can convince les to work with dean guitars. Vinnie wouldn't have a say.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Anybody got Les' email address?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

The MAB model and Rusty Cooley 7 string Korean (I think it's Korea) made guitars only cost around $1000! And they come with genuine Floyd Roses too!! I can see an ad with Vinnie morphing from Kiss era to an ASG photo to a more modern pic (hopefully) holding the Dean VVV as the "Ultimate Shred Machine"!!!!

Obviously Tom would be involved in the overseeing of it and the manufacture of the US made models.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
metatron

Post by metatron »

JUST GET A MONSTER
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

metatron wrote:JUST GET A MONSTER
Well duh!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just looking at the "best case senerio" for Vinnie. Then of course Chris B makes the cover of Guitar World and sings the praises of TJ Monster guitars!!! Then TJ makes the official VVV!!!
metatron

Post by metatron »

shramiac wrote:

Just looking at the "best case senerio" for Vinnie. Then of course Chris B makes the cover of Guitar World and sings the praises of TJ Monster guitars!!! Then TJ makes the official VVV!!!

"Best case senerio" for Vinnie is to release GFH & other recordings on CD with Full color booklet(s) for $30...and do some fucken guitar clinics.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Too true D man! Do that then worry about the guitar.
so42gob4dawn

Post by so42gob4dawn »

doublev wrote:Soon we can contact les kero as he is the owner not vinnie. Maybe we can convince les to work with dean guitars. Vinnie wouldn't have a say.
Then what would be the point? You'll just have another unendorsed look-alike guitar.
It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be.
doublev

Post by doublev »

I am pointing out who the owner is not being totally literal.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

shramiac wrote:

Hey man ill take that cover feature anyday (dunno if i deserve it but ill take it) .... ;-) Tj rawks man , there is no doubt id hook him up .. and more than just his guitars but because hes a GREAT GUY. and to me its bout the people!
metatron

Post by metatron »

chris bickley wrote:
shramiac wrote:

Hey man ill take that cover feature anyday (dunno if i deserve it but ill take it) .... ;-) Tj rawks man , there is no doubt id hook him up .. and more than just his guitars but because hes a GREAT GUY. and to me its bout the people!

I think you'veboth great guys & you both deserve all the success in the world. Never know I'm might one day order a Signture Series Chris Bickley Monstercaster...with a T1 trem :) Nicest Tele I've seen...Got that Superstrat crossover happening.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i still want to see a youtube performce of a new monster. Why is no one putting them on youtube?
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

cause they are still being built. Don't worry Dino. They are on their way. My 25lb restriction and no twisting of my spine restriction will be over in a week.
If you want to talk Guitars, PM me!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Plus, some of us are too chicken to record ourselves.....lol....
Fullshed

Post by Fullshed »

Hey Rick-

Can U say how many Geetar's U have?
Into the Spyder's Web I fall!!!!