Ed Roman's Reaction To Vinnie's guitars from NAMM

News and information from 2018 onwards
poserboy71

Ed Roman's Reaction To Vinnie's guitars from NAMM

Post by poserboy71 »

Well ,I can honestly say that with respect to Tom and Vinnie, Ed Roman was pretty fair here and we know how DICKY he can come off to people.I like how he knows Tom yet can't spell his name. :D :D :D
Also, I always felt that the tension was more between Paul and Vinnie being that Paul can be an insecure bitch. My buddy was Kiss' tour manager a few years ago and Paul through a hissy because my friend fucked one of his road skanks.
Without a retort from Vinnie , people are left to listen to other people's opinions about the guitar- right or wrong.
How about it Vinnie? You have come up with a masterpiece now back that fucker up and jam out already. Say it with words or better yet WITH YOUR PLAYING !!!

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Here's Ed's note:
New News

At the 2011 NAMM show in Anaheim, Tom Pilecki of Pear Guitars released the Vinnie Vincent Guitar !!!

Prices are starting at $9,000.00 Which is $5,000,00 higher than "The Ed Roman V Twin" starts at.

The guitar actually looked pretty good from 8 feet away. It did not measure up to the level of quality that we are doing on our V Twin Model. In fact it doesn't measure up to the Jackson model that was discontinued 10 years ago. I am a bit surprised, I know Tom Pilecki & I know he is capable of better quality. I suppose cost issues & royalties to Vinnie Vincent may play a part in this.

If you want to buy one do it quickly because, Ed Roman predicts that they won't be doing it for long. In my past experiences with Vinnie I am aware of certain issues that will likely trainwreck this instrument. If you want details contact the Jackson Custom Shop, they will tell you why they discontinued the original model.

I sold Vinnie Vincent a guitar back in the 70's when he was playing with Felix Cavaliere from The Rascals. Vinnie is a excellent musician who penned some of my favorite Kiss Tunes he also plays great guitar.

Vinnie had a great stage presence, he had a great all around look, It's too bad that the ego crashes between Gene Simmons & Vinnie caused the breakup. Even though Ace is an old old friend of mine & I love him dearly. My favorite Kiss lineup on stage was with Vinnie.

In the case of many multitalented individuals there are certain eccentricities that cause them to become their own worst enemies. I am and always will be a fan of Vinnie's work but working with Vinnie was very unproductive for us.

Ed Roman
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
TJMonster

Re: Ed Roman's Reaction To Vinnie's guitars from NAMM

Post by TJMonster »

Well, if ed still promotes his openly.......
If you want to talk Guitars, PM me!
VVV

Post by VVV »

"If you want details contact the Jackson Custom Shop, they will tell you why they discontinued the original model."

Let me guess. VV wanted $5,000 a guitar?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

TJMonster wrote:Well, if ed still promotes his openly.......
Yeah good point!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

VVV wrote:"If you want details contact the Jackson Custom Shop, they will tell you why they discontinued the original model."

No guessing allowed here. Just the facts. :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
VVV

Post by VVV »

poserboy71 wrote:
VVV wrote:"If you want details contact the Jackson Custom Shop, they will tell you why they discontinued the original model."

No guessing allowed here. Just the facts. :D :D :D
OK, so why did they discontinue :?:

I probably heard it before, but let's hear it again :mrgreen:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I don't know, I'd have to guess. :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

I remember something about the difficulty. Didn't that cracked mirror top take 2 years?
If you want to talk Guitars, PM me!
Lil' Jack Horny

Post by Lil' Jack Horny »

Hey y'all, so my midterm is this week and my final in journalism is to write a features or news story and make a page with it, no biggie. I was thinking of writing about the new re-emergence of Vinnie and his guitars to put it in my school paper, anything you guys think that I should include? I'll definitely be posting the comments made by Ed Roman because he's a douchag
I prowl the innocent, forbidden terrain, unleashed half human, half insane
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Careful! Saying he's a douche would constitute an opinion and not be ojective journalism!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev

Post by doublev »

Ed always says nice things about vvs talent. He is never going to day toms guitar is better than his. Personally the azg looks much better than eds . I can not say anything about the close up craftsmanship.
doublev

Post by doublev »

I thought Jackson stopped making the vv in 2001 because it was too hard to make. You would think Jackson could make this guitar without vinnie seen as they were the first to make it.
metatron

Post by metatron »

TJMonster wrote:Well, if ed still promotes his openly.......
That's right mate :D
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote:
Also, I always felt that the tension was more between Paul and Vinnie being that Paul can be an insecure bitch. My buddy was Kiss' tour manager a few years ago and Paul through a hissy because my friend fucked one of his road skanks.
When you say 'road skanks',,,,you mean your friend pounded a female, who Paul mistaken for his personal 'butt-boy' getting rammed :shock: I can see why Paul was upset :lol: :lol: :lol:
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.