CATALOGS ARE NOW PLANNED FOR SHIPPING IN EARLY APRIL 2011

News and information from 2018 onwards
Streetbeat

CATALOGS ARE NOW PLANNED FOR SHIPPING IN EARLY APRIL 2011

Post by Streetbeat »

CATALOGS ARE NOW PLANNED FOR SHIPPING IN EARLY APRIL 2011 ????
Guys ...it was JAN 22 remember ?
Now April 2011 ???

It reminds me some situation of the past ...........................
Streetbeat

Re: CATALOGS ARE NOW PLANNED FOR SHIPPING IN EARLY APRIL 201

Post by Streetbeat »

"Each Order will be processed beginning January 22, 2011. Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for delivery"
That was the original line ...now its pulled 2 more months .......... ?
syncophile42

Post by syncophile42 »

From all this pantomime going on, it's kind of obvious he wanted to do NAMM, was nowhere near ready but didn't want to wait another year.

Shame, I hope it all comes together though.
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." - Douglas Adams
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

We're all hoping it all comes together.

Fingers crossed. Legs uncrossed. ;)
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I would think that Vinnie might be negotiating with a few guitar companies before the catalog comes out. The specs of the guitars might change in the process depending on what companies he speaks with.
We've waited this long. Pay it forward and stay positive. Being negative will only bring negative results.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

From Youtube channel :
NAMM 2011 PROHIBITS ANY SALE, CASH AND CARRY OF AN EXHIBITOR'S PRODUCTS, WHETHER IT BE THE CATALOG, T-SHIRT OR THE ACTUAL PRODUCT ITSELF.

A t-shirt ??? !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

Summer namm would have been better and more practical.
I can see them out sourcing the build to China but they still will not be cheap .. believe me. Maybe 5k instead of 10 and that's wishful thinking. No one will licence these guitars with what vv will ask for. Even without I hardly see it. But let's see. They may get it together. I think tom knows what he is doing. You have to add , would you want a Chinese made vv guitar for more than an American made monster?
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

no sale sat namm ??? thats funny buddy blaze sold some guitars to some friends of mine last week end ... Zion Guitars used to take deposts all the time.

a rule thats always broken and no one cares
VVV

Post by VVV »

poserboy71 wrote:From Youtube channel :
NAMM 2011 PROHIBITS ANY SALE, CASH AND CARRY OF AN EXHIBITOR'S PRODUCTS, WHETHER IT BE THE CATALOG, T-SHIRT OR THE ACTUAL PRODUCT ITSELF.

A t-shirt ??? !!!
I'm surprised that he didn't charge to look at them, let alone feel them up (the GUITARS that is) :mrgreen:

And no charge for my inbound price sheet??!??!

Ebay = $125 (free shipping) comin' yer way :P
doublev

Post by doublev »

the only reason to charge for the catalog is because they are thinking they may not have any sales.. I really believe TM1 is looking to get pre-sales to pay for it.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well, the only reason to charge "that much" for a catalog IS to raise money.

Catalogs are usually free or $5 to cover a little bit of the cost of making them.
doublev

Post by doublev »

yeah. i think they want pre-orders and maybe if no pre-orders = no catalogs ???

They are charging prices that are for coffee table glossy photo books.. If the catalog included an essay about the complete history of the guitar written by Vinnie, Then I would buy it. I think.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That would be a start towards making them worth more than 5 bucks.
doublev

Post by doublev »

if it included a picture of all VV's own models (Jackson, Carvin, Pear etc) and the history, original drawings etc.. then you got a $50 catalog. VV describing in detail everyone of them, how they came about, when they were started and finished.. the reeasons behind colors, pick ups, woods, tremolo etc. also mentioning what guitar was used on what song.. thats a Vinnie $50 (if not VV it would be $10).

I just wish VV would actually give us some info. So little info out there.. how can this guitar be a colt classic when not many people know anything about the fine details.

Come on Vinnie. Give us something more than just photos of the AZG Guitars!!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I AGREE 100%. Give us a book about the history of the guitar and we will spend that kind of money.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

i think he owes it to himself to put out the history of his own guitar.. if its some big secret he doesn't want people to know about then don't even bother with the current one. You would think he is proud of the guitar and would want the world to know the full details (and not some half assed one either.. the full story).. what shop the washburn, ibanez were made in.. who made it, any differences in the guitars etc.. also some close ups of them etc.. i can not see how this is info he doesn't want people to know?? its really strange to me actually.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I think he is too close to it and actually needs our input as to what a fan would want to see.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

to be honest fans want a guitar that does not cost the price of a car!! They want info and openness and some music.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Exactly. :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

and the fans want Rick to rule them and look after them and have him tell us what to do. :)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I SHALL RULE OVER ALL OF US AND LEAD US TO Vinnie's DOORSTEP WHERE HE WILL INVITE US IN TO PLAY HIS COLLECTION OF GUITARS. We will record an entire album together while Diane and I prepare our feast.

The entire day will be in slow motion except for Vinnie's leads.

Slayer and Vinnie will bear hug each other(bare chested) as if they have rekindled an old friendship. Teej and Dino will duet on the VVFF's rendition of "Auld Ang Syne" while dancing hand in hand about the room. Metatron will be in the corner bitching about something YET have the biggest smile on his face because Vinnie gave him a bag of picks. TJ Monster will tweak all of Vinnie's guitar's while tracing them and getting proper info to build them authentically. Vic and Shram, in between sips of Foster's, will be out in the yard playing volleyball.Drew will try (to no avail) to get Vinnie to sign his Jackson .Wolfie will walk around with a tray full of shots of mouthwash.
Wizkid will pick up all of the mis-thrown papers he delivered.Quentin will be playing the role of resident rock star (complete with scarf, shades at night, and a lit cigarette that he NEVER smokes).
The rest of us will be assigned to yard work and painting the fence and house Day-glo pink.

Smiles will be shared by all .

Coming to theaters near YOU -Summer 2011

*Nominated for queerest post on the VVFF

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

poserboy71 wrote:I SHALL RULE OVER ALL OF US AND LEAD US TO Vinnie's DOORSTEP WHERE HE WILL INVITE US IN TO PLAY HIS COLLECTION OF GUITARS. We will record an entire album together while Diane and I prepare our feast.

Slayer and Vinnie will bear hug each other(bare chested) as if they have rekindled an old friendship. Teej and Dino will duet on the VVFF's rendition of "Auld Ang Syne" while dancing hand in hand about the room. Metatron will be in the corner bitching about something YET have the biggest smile on his face because Vinnie gave him a bag of picks. TJ Monster will tweak all of Vinnie's guitar's while tracing them and getting proper info to build them authentically. Vic and Shram, in between sips of Foster's, will be out in the yard playing volleyball.Drew will try (to no avail) to get Vinnie to sign his Jackson .Wolfie will walk around with a tray full of shots of mouthwash.
Wizkid will pick up all of the mis-thrown papers he delivered.Quentin will be playing the role of resident rock star (complete with scarf, shades at night, and a lit cigarette that he NEVER smokes).
The rest of us will be assigned to yard work and painting the fence and house Day-glo pink.

LMAO! :lol:
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

i could help the guy with the videocatalogs and we don't have to wait till 2012 !
that's too much ! i could have them in less than a month
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Sammy, You know how to contact him.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

already did it , no answer
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

It is just my opinion but the book or "catalog" detailing all the "in's and out's" and "what, where and who's" about his guitars would never happen. Because it ultimately comes down to the same questions.
How many where there? Do you still have them? And if not, what happened to them ? Answering those questions causes too many problems. Of course, I agree that would make a book or catalog much more worthy of the price. As much as anyone else , I love those guitars and have spent countless hours studing their every detail. (Including his Jackson RRV's) It is a GREAT idea but it will never happen. Hopefully the catalog if/when it appears has at least a brief history of the VVV, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote:I SHALL RULE OVER ALL OF US AND LEAD US TO Vinnie's DOORSTEP WHERE HE WILL INVITE US IN TO PLAY HIS COLLECTION OF GUITARS. We will record an entire album together while Diane and I prepare our feast.

You have my vote....queerest post on the VVFF..Funny thing is I do have a pick fetish :shock: ...only PiGLET Guitar picks . (http://www.polyspectrum.com/prodinfo.html) P1DP model & I prefer the fluorescent candy coloured ones..
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.