Did anyone actually receive the infamous "Box Set"?

News and information from 2018 onwards
Rap Man127

Did anyone actually receive the infamous "Box Set"?

Post by Rap Man127 »

I was just wondering as I heard that one of the box sets were advertised for sale on eBay with Vinnies signature however it was empty and was up for sale for $1000. Did anyone else actually receive one? Im a Vinnie fan but I havent heard much in this department and wanted to know more.
Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life!!!
TJMonster

Re: Did anyone actually receive the infamous "Box Set"?

Post by TJMonster »

From what I understand, Slayers wife paid for one and never received it.
If you want to talk Guitars, PM me!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

CORRECT.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

But if this guy did sell it on eBay and it was genuine which most people I talk to thought it was, then he must have initially started sending them off or at least start making them etc. Does anybody else know more about the one on eBay.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

We can only guess WHO is selling stuff on E-BAY. :wink: :wink: :wink:
$I,000.00 for an autographed cardboard box sounds like someone familiar.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

HAHA, nice one. Yeah maybe I guess, Vinnie doesnt appear to me to have any brains at all over this whole guitar thing. Its like me going out and trying to sell a guitar for $12000, I pretty much have the same amount of fans as him right now (JK). He really needed to do some publicity and get his name out there a bit more coming up to NAMM and with the slightest bit of luck he may of sold at least one. He's setting himself up to fail.
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote:We can only guess WHO is selling stuff on E-BAY. :wink: :wink: :wink:
$I,000.00 for an autographed cardboard box sounds like someone familiar.
LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

As far as I know there was not one single full boxset delivered. We've all seen the "prototype" box which shows that something was started but there was nothing delivered.

The box is one thing, all the stuff promised on the "cassettes" is another thing. Makes no sense to me as he must have had the stuff ready to be copied and it could have made it's way onto CD easily by now.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

Now the prototype box, was that occasionally delivered or the person who had that box set I mentioned must of worked with Vinnie or either was Vinnie.

Could you tell me a little more about it, what were the consequences for Vinnie did he receive any at all?
metatron

Post by metatron »

Genebaby wrote:As far as I know there was not one single full boxset delivered. We've all seen the "prototype" box which shows that something was started but there was nothing delivered.

The box is one thing, all the stuff promised on the "cassettes" is another thing. Makes no sense to me as he must have had the stuff ready to be copied and it could have made it's way onto CD easily by now.
You don't understand Genebay. It needs to be on el cheap cassettes so that you get that authentic high definition surround sound white noise tape hiss. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

We don't know where the prototype came from. Someone got a hold of it and the pics came out. It may even be a fake, we don't know for sure.

As for consequences. Other than a bad reputation for receiving money and not delivering there were none. With the amount in question all people could do was write the loss off as lost money. It should never have come to that.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

metatron wrote:
Genebaby wrote:As far as I know there was not one single full boxset delivered. We've all seen the "prototype" box which shows that something was started but there was nothing delivered.

You don't understand Genebay. It needs to be on el cheap cassettes so that you get that authentic high definition surround sound white noise tape hiss. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tell me about it. Compact cassettes from the 60's in a box set in the 90's......pass....
Arjen

Post by Arjen »

Rap Man127 wrote:But if this guy did sell it on eBay and it was genuine which most people I talk to thought it was, then he must have initially started sending them off or at least start making them etc. Does anybody else know more about the one on eBay.
I got the box. I bought it from Ebay. Not for USD 1.000 ofcourse...I got it for a fair price.
The seller got the box from a friend who supposedly died a few years ago. The guy was working for Vinnie and designed the box. He never had the cassettes though. I asked the seller several times for them but he just didnt have 'em. Anyways, the box looks quite finished and professional. Just add the cassettes and you got a finished product. I cannot judge if this is a prototype are one a massproduced copy. Like said...it looks proffesional enough to be so. So maybe Vinnie still has a shitload of these at home :)
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

Cant see why he wouldnt send them if he had a shit load at his house, can you post any pictures to show us what yours looks like?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Good to know you have it Arjen, that's a very rare box!!!!
metatron

Post by metatron »

That VV box set reminds me of the the girl with the little red shoes,' she likes to party, she likes the booze, she lost her cherry but that's no sin, she's still got the box the cherry came in.' :lol:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote: It may even be a fake, we don't know for sure.

A fake with an "AUTHENTIC" autograph ? :? :? :?

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

One of the Archive Updates from Metaluna Records indicated that the delay in shipping the Archives was because the boxes were either defective or that Vinnie was not satisfied with the finished product. I have examined the pictures of the box that was sold on ebay and it looks fine to me. Perhaps Vinnie had this guy do the work and make a perfectly good product and then reject them based upon disatisfaction so that he could get the maker to reduce his delivered price for said boxes? I have zero confirmed facts on this but it certainly sounds like something that Vinnie is capable of. To the best of my knowledge claims were filed against Metaluna Records through the Better Business Bureau (I didn't) and in an article that I once read it was speculated that between 1996 and 1997 that around 300 copies of the Archives were pre-ordered through the old website. At $100 for the product and $25 for shipping and handling it would mean that $37,500 was received from the fans and it is believed that not a single copy of the Vinnie Vincent Archives were ever delivered.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Sick
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hmmm, how many guitars is that worth?
doublev

Post by doublev »

I bet at least half didn't complain so maybe double or tripple that figure.