Official NAMM 2011 reports thread

News and information from 2018 onwards
poserboy71

Re: Official NAMM 2011 reports thread

Post by poserboy71 »

TJMonster wrote: $60 for 4 ounces of it.
Sounds like I'm getting a Crack rock from the Candyman.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Just as long as you don't have to eat any deer pen*s to get it!!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev

Post by doublev »

Anyone know if you can buy an AZG Guitar (non VV model)?
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

TJ , I have a few bottles of the Alsa Ghost chrome, I will send 1 out with your package this weekend.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Diane Cusano, Vinnie's wife of a good many years was at the booth with the guitars:

She can also be seen in her younger days hanging with Ace Frehley in Gordon G Gerbert's book about Ace.

Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Paging Mr. Nolan. Mr. Nolan ? :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

this is a link from kissfaq, it is linked directly from that site. nothing to do with this board.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

We'll get in trouble for it anyway. FUCK IT !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Let's take the credit !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

what trouble are you talking about. Someone took a picture of the TM1 booth at NAMM and posted it online. Nothing wrong with that.
Then someone copied pictures from a published book.
All this stuff is property of someone else and just links from those sites.

I see nothing wrong. However you are talking about should not have been at the very public booth if they didn't want there picture online and they should have stopped pictures being published in the Ace Frehley book if they didn't want that to happen. Both people and there books and namm booths are very public people.

I see nothing to get anyone in trouble.

The only thing I would say is trouble if you go into someones private home, take a picture without them knowing it a putting it on the internet.. thats not so cool, but this is totally different.

If it hurts someone and they ask you kindly to remove, then I would say the humble thing is to listen, but i can not see who this hurts, other than it maybe an uncomfortable memory etc.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

TOUCHE' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by poserboy71 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

All the pics are hosted either here, or with me. Someone from Kissfaq did originally post the pic of Diane at NAMM, I can't take credit, I surely wasn't there.

It's good to see Diane again after all these years. Wish there was a better shot.
doublev

Post by doublev »

send the bill to australia.
teej

Post by teej »

which one's Bill ? is he the other billy goat gruff out of camera shot ? :P busy trip trip tapping accross someone elses bridge ??? ;)
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

mp5999 wrote:TJ , I have a few bottles of the Alsa Ghost chrome, I will send 1 out with your package this weekend.
Fucking sweet!!!!!!!
If you want to talk Guitars, PM me!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

It might be cool to have a silver/gold-tint Ghost Chrome finish on a V V V.

Or silver/purple-tint Ghost Chrome finish ...

HOLY SHIT , I JUST CAME !!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

i still say the purple on the silver TM1 guitar does not match vv's jackson. I think its too dark a purple and too cool looking. VV's Jackoson was lighter and more candy looking.. i know the light at namm changes things, but i really feel its the wrong purple, other than that they all look amazing. I would take the silver / purple if they matched the purple to the jackson.. however i am going to be kicked out of my house if i paid that kind of money for a guitar. I can buy a brand new Remo set with ad ons and bosphorus cymbals for less than 2k.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Guessing you would buy the Rikki Rocket signature Bosphorus cymbals too! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev

Post by doublev »

no. ha!

I like the new orleans or the hammer. But for Rock, yeah I'd consider the RR series.. not a fan of his drumming.

Bosphorus kick ass . I also love the 70s Avedis.
doublev

Post by doublev »

rickki rockitt 22 ride

way off topic!!

this is more my sound
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I looked at the prices and they seem VERY reasonable, so if they sound good why wouldn't you use them rather than the big 3! Makes sense to me.
doublev

Post by doublev »

li drums store has Bosphorus at really good prices.. I would take any Bosphorus over modern Paiste or Z's. I don't know much about Sabian. They are as good or better made and they are all more interesting and not too generic sounding.

The best of the best cymbals , but they cost the price of a car is Spizzichino , made in Italy.... become friends with him on facebook. those cymbals are immense.

UFIP is a cheap Italian brand that is also pretty good.
doublev

Post by doublev »

doublev

Post by doublev »

one or two of the guys said the paint job was bad and the inlays were poor.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev wrote:4 pages from the jackson forum http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/114860 ... M-11/page1
RoodyRocker is my buddy from town that took the photos for us.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You know Roody? Cool.

When I get my real computer going I was going to compile all the photos and mention the comments about the paintwork. The JCF guys notice stuff like that, especially at the price point of the VVMG.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Ed Roman has interests in his own vv but I think he is friends with tom so it will have taken a lot for him to say they are poor close up. If the Jackson people are saying it too maybe there is something in it. Seen as tom can not speak to us and there is no info coming out of this tm1 joke then what are we to think.
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

Tom did say there was work left on them.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

They should not have been there as representatives of what 9K will buy you unless they were immaculate. People expect perfection from a guitar costing much, much less.
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

Exactly. Those guitars should have been 110% perfect. Lose some sleep for a couple days prior the the show if you must to get them fully finished , and then get them properly wetsanded and buffed.
TJ , if you were premiering a guitar for the world to see at the annual biggest muscial instrument showcase wouldnt you have made sure they were beyond ready ????
doublev

Post by doublev »

I think it was a strategy from tom to not have to hand them over and loose what he worked for like he did with the pear or he genuinely was not finished . The scary thing is how do you know you won't get one with some issues and if you do.. good luck getting your money back.
doublev

Post by doublev »

One guy I spoke with said the inlays were a mess. I am not sure how that cab be fixed. You would think at least one would have been perfect.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Vinnie didn't take the Pear guitar. It was part of their contract.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I see what you're saying Dino. The NAMM showcase has set the bar low, so if you ordered one and your guitar was not perfect, then what recourse do you have as this is the standard that has been shown to the world.
doublev

Post by doublev »

I heard differently about the pear but who knows .
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

mp5999 wrote:Exactly. Those guitars should have been 110% perfect. Lose some sleep for a couple days prior the the show if you must to get them fully finished , and then get them properly wetsanded and buffed.
TJ , if you were premiering a guitar for the world to see at the annual biggest muscial instrument showcase wouldnt you have made sure they were beyond ready ????
I would of quit my job to make sure they were DONE! Done beyond DONE!
doublev

Post by doublev »

i still say its a clever tactic. but surely he wouldn't want his peers to say this stuff about the guitars. You would think he would have one perfect which makes me think it was a tactic not to have the guitar taken away into the vv oblivion which no doubt is where it will go. Kept a way so no one can ever see or talk about them again.
teej

Post by teej »

they need to have guitar magasine or whatever do a review on one .. they would benefit a thousandfold from it .. the fact they havent speaks volumes .. looking closer at the inlays I dont like the way they run into the fretwire .. and am not so sure about the ebony on the neck .. looks a bit dry to me ..
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
doublev

Post by doublev »

Yes, teej. that is totally the only way it can work. surely a guitar magazine was at namm and could have done a review. teej is right on the mark . they need a review or they are dead in the water.
doublev

Post by doublev »

I have no issue with the amateur set up at namm etc..I like the mom and pops feel. It's just the price, the unknowing of what you will get and the finish quality, vv changing the rules daily, the non existent transparency, the faking the fact tm1 is a company rather than vinnie himself like it is, the crazy updates and info only on youtbube that can be wiped out when vinnie goes into one of his famous frenzies , no website, a non official looking pdf pricing. It's totally mad, I never saw something so mad. Most 12 year olds would be smarter than this. And the worst thing is every single person knows someone is going to be screwed by him.. either the buyer or the guitar maker or both. The only thing is no one.will ever find out because no one will ever come close to buying one. Why did he just not lower the price and sell directly to guitar center , I will never know. The retail should have been 3k and they may have gotten a few sales.
syncophile42

Post by syncophile42 »

Despite everything, I wouldn't write it off yet, NAMM was only a month ago and it was a trade fair.
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." - Douglas Adams
doublev

Post by doublev »

no, i am not writing it off. but its not going to sell at those prices and without any kind of clarity, safety and b.s. Even a website won't save it but they need something. They also need a review.
with the rep that v has with sales they need to also sell through someone else.
syncophile42

Post by syncophile42 »

Absolutly agree.

V also needs to emerge from his hole...
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." - Douglas Adams
doublev

Post by doublev »

he needs to be seen with the guitar or at least the Pear and also a demo by vv (or anyone) or again a youtube demo of at least the pear. As far as we know this is a business deal and no evidence at all has been given to us that VV has ever recorded or jammed with the Pear. I know since he got the Pear he has never had a live gig anyway, but people need to see a so called official guitar in the hands of vv being played.

Also a youtube demo by someone would be great.

No touching at NAMM, No Demo, Some minor (or major) finishing not done.. Crazy price.. what was the point of going to NAMM????? If no one could hear a demo in an amp , then they should have stayed home.
doublev

Post by doublev »

vinnie knows how to put videos on his youtube channel. How difficult would it be to do some simply low quality video of vv playing the pear or the guitarmageddons (if he has one). We would all flip out and it would show he cares. He wants money for everything but he needs to build his reputation before he starts making money.

why doesn't he just do something for his fans on youtube. it would get lots of interest and he may start to make friends again.

If he doesn't have a camera on his phone, I would think he has some sort of webcam. low quality would be fine.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Good points!
syncophile42

Post by syncophile42 »

Indeed, which is why it is so crazy. It would be so easy to get some quick wins by doing this kind of stuff.

Which is exactly why I can't help thinking that something else is going on - either good (hopefully) or naive, or it's all some kind of front for an alterior motive. But then other people are involved and have invested a lot as well (unless they are duped).

What's going on? Nothing makes sense. The sooner things become clearer the better, whatever the outcome.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

its all bull " the perfectionist" known as vinnie vincent obviously didnt take the time to make sure the guitars were perfect when they put his name on them. and for that matter neither did tom . gee i dunno he didnt get the perfect what ever he wanted out of the last few albums either,

does he really think people are that stupid that they are going to pay top dollar for a soem guys guitar that isnt even in kiss or hasnt done anythng in 20 plus yrs?? or from some one who is a GHOST , because he has his head so far up his own ass he cant do a video or public appearance .. or just even do some thing right for a change instead of spittin in your fans faces?? THERE IS NOTHING GENUINE BOUT A PALECKI VVV guitar or VV himself.

you just hope he puts out some new tunes and thats it maybe youll get lucky and at get some thing youll each enjoy as opposed to some over priced guitar that he never even played.

buy a monster you'll be way happier and only then can you lay him to rest

cb
syncophile42

Post by syncophile42 »

Personnally, I would get a gold or pink Jackson RR as I prefer the shape (and to an extent they are more iconic to VV for me) - HORROR!!!
doublev

Post by doublev »

i know its hard to get anything done, especially for vinnie with a very small team. Like I said I don't mind the small homey feel to the company, but I just think they need to figure things out in a much better way. I understand running a company is very very hard and simple things sometimes are not simple.

The thing is the non transparency and the not knowing what your going to get for a price you should be guaranteed the best of the best with no concerns about where you money is going and how safe it is as well as the knowledge you are really getting something vinnie loves and plays as well as knowing you are getting the best guitar you can buy.

None of those questions are answered and I doubt they ever will. Comments on Youtube do not answer the questions.. reviews of people who have played them and ordered one and clips of vv playing them DO go some way to answering the questions.

However even with the questions answered .. is it worth nearly 10k??
syncophile42

Post by syncophile42 »

doublev wrote:However even with the questions answered .. is it worth nearly 10k??
No.

But there will always be people to whom money is not an issue, or who will pay over the odds. That would be the difference between one or two sales at 10k, and perhaps a dozen or so at say 3-4k.