Incredible . . . never realized how good he is

News and information from 2018 onwards
JimmyJames

Incredible . . . never realized how good he is

Post by JimmyJames »

So I guess I never realized what an incredible song writer he is . . . after seeing the videos online and him breaking some of these down/delivering them acoustically, I really see how good Vinnie is a a writer as well as guitar player. I've been a huge KISS fan but there is no doubt their material pales in comparison . . . they haven't turned out good material (lyrically) in so long . . . probably only a few songs since Vinnie left.

It's in the past, but boy, if he can get his material out there, and maybe with RF singing, they've got a lot of magic left.

Awesome stuff!
doublev2

Re: Incredible . . . never realized how good he is

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah magic. We are so lucky this happened. You do have to give it to Derek.
Bye Bye
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Vinnie said that his "revenge" on KISS is to write the best eight songs for the best KISS record ever. And he still has this songs and he knows that this songs are the best material has. Have I understood this correctly ? Guys - what will Gene or Paul so when he came out with this songs?? Will they record this stuff? We all know how good he is in writing amazing KISS songs! And KISS can put out finally one of the best record they recorded in years.
He still has this feeling inside to do amazing work. I hope so that he can put out something from that...
QSano

Post by QSano »

I would have loved a cd of all the songs with him on acoustic and singing. Maybe Rob doing backgrounds but he could record that at home and it would be awesome.

I feel guilty about buying the Warrior CD and lining Hirsh's bootleging pockets.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The warrior CD is shit. I never considered buying it after first review. We all believed vv was involved or approved as you would expect him to have a say in release.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

wolfgang161272 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:10 am Vinnie said that his "revenge" on KISS is to write the best eight songs for the best KISS record ever. And he still has this songs and he knows that this songs are the best material has. Have I understood this correctly ? Guys - what will Gene or Paul so when he came out with this songs?? Will they record this stuff? We all know how good he is in writing amazing KISS songs! And KISS can put out finally one of the best record they recorded in years.
He still has this feeling inside to do amazing work. I hope so that he can put out something from that...
Paul's ego and lack of singing voice wouldn't allow it.
Paul couldn't handle how well COTN,LIU,and Revenge were recieved due in large part to Vinnie's talent.
He couldn't handle everyone saying that Vinnie wrote a new KISS album that is their best.
Ithe might be cool for Vinnie to find sound-a-likes and put the boot up Paul's tooter.
As much as it would be awesome to see/hear Vinnie back with KISS, we all know that Paul would eventually hurt Vinnie and be the insecure dick he has proven himself to be.
**** That is coming from someone whose favorite KISS member was Paul.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I don't know nothing about Paul Stanley but he doesn't seem as unreasonable as I read
Bye Bye
ankh

Post by ankh »

well, read his bio where he spares none except himself..............or Mark st john about what happened the three times thye played live..........
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
ankh

Post by ankh »

to the point of sounding weird, i think collaboration with G&P would do more harm than good,especially financial wise.This comes out of concern and not out of prejudice
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ok I didn't read that stuff . I dont know anything about him other than those philosophical interviews he always did. Paul is a fan of my friend Pete and Pete went out to dinner with him and said he was super nice but obviously a dinner date isn't generally a nightmare .
Bye Bye
VinnieFan

Post by VinnieFan »

You are just realizing this now?
Rise All Creatures, Hail To The Beast...Eyes Full Of Fire, Consummate My Feast.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

vinniefan i have to say i don't really spend my days looking for Paul Stanley stuff. In the mid 80s I did and believe me it was hard back then and there were no kiss expos or mega kiss fans I knew about. You have all these internet kiss experts who research google etc but us back in the 80s had to do some major leg work , hunting down info and dot connecting from old magazines found in sleazy stores in the most dangerous parts of cities. Makes me laugh how easy stuff is to find.
One example is on the re-issue of Creatures of the night album cover. the sleave said guitar by Ace Frehley and Vinnie Vincent (which was nice seen as the original creatures had no mention of Vinnie as a guitar player) yet Bruce Kulick was on the cover. Non of us had a clue who Bruce was or if it was Bruce. You could not find this info out so you had to sort of guess. Mark St John was in Kiss just before and if you read kerrang you could figure out Bruce was touring with kiss but you could never be sure

sorry for stating the obvious.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

to add to it a few of us acutually though Bruce was Ace without make up on the creatures re-issue. hehe.. i remember arguing with a friend that Ace would no look that good but my friend argued Ace maybe wearing a wig.
Bye Bye