say two sky two say fare
Streetbeat

Re: LIVE! VV INVADES ATLANTA weekend updates, pics, video 1/19-1/21

Post by Streetbeat »

fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

ET: "Were you writing, playing while out of the public eye?"

VV: "I play 7 hours a day. I write and record. I just don't go into the public. If they the fans want me back, I'll come back. The Internet and people have become very mean. I just to have people leave (the Expo) saying they had a great time. This gives me a chance to leave the past behind. It's probably one of the nicest things to have Gene Simmons contact me. In the early days, Gene really supported me. I came to KISS with whatever I could. Everybody loved Ace. I came in knowing there was nothing else more that I wanted in my life. Something happened when we began to write songs together.

I believe Gene hasn't been very kind and Paul was less kind. I think that everything that happened with KISS was special. I believe the timing of why Gene contacted me on an old email account of mine I hadn't checked in a very long time on Christmas. I saw 3 emails from Gene. I thought "What did I do wrong now?". I looked at the dates from June/July when they were sent from Gene in regard to "The Vault". We wrote a lot during the Revenge era. I read all 3 emails. Then he started emailing and I said I wanted to be on "The Vault" and he invited me to come to Nashville. The email vibe was good. I'm going to show up in April to work with Gene and "The Vault".

ET: "Would you do an "Invasion" sort of record again?"

VV: The second VVI album should have never happened. I should have called the shots more. The first VVI album was the best. The songs on ASG weren't what he should have settled on. The singer on #2 (Mark) was unbearable."

ET: "Will this be a springboard for you to start playing again"? VV: "Absolutely. Publically...I can't wait."

VV: "I am so honoured" I've got more stories."

Mark took ET's card to set up another interview with VV in the future.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

live video
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

Streetbeat wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:03 am live video
"The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page." :cry:
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Great
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Good stuff.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

First pic I've seen! Hope the person doesn't mind that I screen captured it. Great photo.
FB_IMG_1516397371436.jpg
squad
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh

Mhm....
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Thanks for sharing!!
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Well, there he is alright.
EricFoxx

Post by EricFoxx »

Holy shit... I never thought this would happen. This is big!
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Walking to the stage:
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

I am sorry I didn't get a chance to post pictures or updates. It was very emotional and heart felt. What a great person with a good heart. I was captivated.
20180119_160701.jpg
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Looks like blackie lawless. I thought he did well. More personal than I expected which was nice . I think mark Nolan had given him instructions regarding kiss. The more real the better and he did well.
I would love to see him play live. Was a nice touch apologising for boxset . I always said all he needs to to is say sorry and not hide from it and it worked so well.
Overall I tip my hat to him. Great to see someone I idolised from such a young age make some sort of effort and we all know it's been hard for him. Fans including me have been hard on him and he's been tough on us but its great to see him do this.

I hope we get i still love you with Paul singing out of this.
Bye Bye
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

LOVELY !!!!!!
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Guys if you search "Vinnie Vincent" on Facebook, there's a ton of live feeds.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

I will say, he's far more eloquent than he was at the 90s expos. Great stories full of detail.
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Pics
Attachments
45A22ECA-122A-4421-8963-38C5503CAF97.jpeg
F9E7523F-F168-4D65-ACCF-EBC8F26F982B.jpeg
D4D4A456-80DF-42F1-BF58-7E85F90A6867.jpeg
0A592E3B-E21E-4B34-A362-8946B2C8BEF8.jpeg
7AEE8C7A-5C91-4FC6-AB11-3DE629B76A3B.jpeg
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

Good hour-long interview. There's so much to ask that wasn't touched on though. I hope the fan interaction will prove more fruitful
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

I wonder if he'll strap on a guitar this weekend? That's the question I'd ask~
ankh

Post by ankh »

he sounds happy and positive.That's all matters to me.Best wishes, mr, Vincent.I would have liked to be there and shake your hand, but due to circumstances, i couldn't.

Sounds silly, watching him coming back in such good spirit helped me deal with the state of depression i'm in.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

ankh wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:17 am he sounds happy and positive.That's all matters to me.Best wishes, mr, Vincent.I would have liked to be there and shake your hand, but due to circumstances, i couldn't.

Sounds silly, watching him coming back in such good spirit helped me deal with the state of depression i'm in.
Exactly. I hope he's found the peace and contentment he's been searching for. The man has been through a lot of shit. Fame and stardom has been both a blessing and a curse for him I think. I'm so very happy for him as he's such a humble and talented person. I only wish I could have been there too.
clevelandrocker

Post by clevelandrocker »

I think he's looking like James Christian from House Of Lords.

Welcome back Vinnie! Now put out some new music and let's rock!
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

Yes! There's the Gene connection all the way ;)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Please everyone, let's be kind with our words.

Vinnie is out in public and looks happy and healthy. Just like we've always wanted.

There is hope for music and live performances, which is amazing, it's a momentous occasion this weekend.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

Last edited by fullshredd on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
FuneralGloom

Post by FuneralGloom »

Thanks for all of these posts
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Unbelievable story we have here! I'm glad to see how happy and well he seems to be.
say two sky two say fare
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Incase you want it again. This is the stream of the entire interview
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

When I say records, the first one, yes; the second one, no; and that singer [Mark Slaughter] was unbearable as far as I'm concerned."
Last edited by doublev2 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bye Bye
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

doublev2 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:31 am Ok I have one critique. It's all love and peace and vv doesn't want hate but he hit out at mark slaughter again and lots of people like Mark's studio performance like me. Just feel that was exactly what he was saying he didn't like people talking about vv online. The rest I had no issues with and in all the questions it's not good to nitpick.
"When I say records, the first one, yes; the second one, no; and that singer [Mark Slaughter] was unbearable as far as I'm concerned."
Agreed. I was a bit taken back when he said that. "Unbearable" is a tough adjective. And considering it came out 30 years ago...not necessary at this point.
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

Blabbermouth article out:

Ex-KISS Guitarist VINNIE VINCENT Gives First Interview In More Than 20 Years: 'If The Fans Want Me Back, I Can't Wait'
January 19, 2018

Ex-KISS Guitarist VINNIE VINCENT Gives First Interview In More Than 20 Years: 'If The Fans Want Me Back, I Can't Wait'
Earlier today (Friday, January 19) at the Atlanta KISS Expo 2018, former KISS guitarist Vinnie Vincent gave his first public interview in more than two decades when he spoke with SiriusXM's Eddie Trunk. A few excerpts follow (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET).

On why he decided to attend the KISS Expo:

Vinnie: "We have to thank [KISS Expo promoter] Derek Christopher, because he was relentless. He contacted Mark Nolan, my best friend and attorney. Derek spent eight months unrelenting — aggressiveness but nice. He was a really good guy, and I read his e-mails, I read everything that he'd sent Mark, and Mark and I talked. He said, 'This guy seems like a really good guy.' And he was. When we first talked with Derek, I said, 'I really like him. If I'm going to do this, I want to do this with somebody I like, with somebody who cares.'

"My life became small. I wanted to become as small as I could be. I became very happy, very content. All I do is I play, I write, I record, I take care of my dogs. I have a really private, peaceful life now, and I haven't had that in a long time. A lot of fans know a lot of things, but they also don't know a lot of things."

On whether he has any plans to dispel the biggest misconceptions about him:

Vinnie: "When it's ready to be told, you don't want to miss it. We've had two book publishers. We're talking to them right now. It's a hell of a book. You wouldn't want to miss it. I read Kitty Kelley's unauthorized biography of Frank Sinatra, and I'm not a reader, but I couldn't put that book down. This will top that book."

On what he's been doing since vanishing from the public eye:

Vinnie: "I spent 20 years in hell. The broad strokes were very... they could have been not so broad. They could have been quickly and really amicably could have eliminated 20 years of pain. I would say pertaining to KISS, these are my friends. These are guys I love. I love them to this day. I've got tremendous memories that are wonderful. Most of them are. Not always can you have a band and have a certain... I hate this word 'magic,' but it is a magic. It's something you can't put into words. THE BEATLES had that. THE WHO have it. [LED] ZEPPELIN had it. I always looked for that, and I never found it until I met them. It was something that, 'This is the glue. This is the ingredients that I never found.' It was everything you put into a mix that blows up. Good and bad.

On what percentage was "good," considering that Paul Stanley would occasionally berate him onstage for soloing for too long:

Vinnie: "All good. I was a newcomer, so I appreciate that advice. It was a time of being a guitarist, and that's what I wanted to be. That was my time. But working in context of what the band was, I'd say that I give them credit for knowing more than me.

On his ongoing legal battles with KISS:

Vinnie: "It was contractual. All of the problems we had were contractual. All I had asked for was to be treated fair — not much more than that. Publishing is like owning your house, owning your car. If you don't own it, you're leasing it, you're renting it. Then there's people that think that if they sit in your car, you're taking them for a drive, at some point, they'll turn around and say, I want your pink slip. It's down to ownership of your property. It's really simple. It's not more difficult than that. The people who say that's not important are usually the ones who want your property."

On his life today:

Vinnie: "I play about seven hours a day. I take care of my dogs. I write; I record; I do everything I've always done. I'm just not out in the public doing it."

On whether his appearance in Atlanta will lead to additional public appearances:

Vinnie: "I think if they want me back, I'll be back. I'm here. I've only left because the world has changed. People, the Internet have changed. People have gotten very mean. I just don't feel that anymore — I just want to have people leave and saying, 'I had such a great time. It was really nice.' This gives me a chance to finally leave the past behind, whatever was bad, and look forward to seeing whatever is there.

"Strange of all things, Probably the nicest thing that's happened is I heard from one of my old friends, Gene [Simmons]. I love Gene. In the early days, he treated me so supportive. Remember, where KISS was at in the days was, 'Here comes this kid.' I wanted to rule the world, and they have already ruled the world. I came and wanted to be as much help to this band as I could and bring whatever I could to them. I'm here to be whatever I can for this band. And I did feel with all my heart that this was everything I've ever wanted. There was nothing I wanted more than that in my life — nothing. They had a choice. There was people all over the world that would have done anything, and so I would have too. Something happened when we began to write songs together, and for whatever unhappiness there was, I think it was meant to be. I think everything that happened was very special, and I think the fans know it. I think it was a great chapter in the band's career.

"I have an e-mail address that I hadn't checked in about five years. It was an e-mail I only used for certain things that were going on business-wise, and once that business was done, I never checked it anymore. I don't know what caused me to do this — forces sometimes, they compel you to do something, you don't know why — Christmas night, I said, 'I better check this e-mail, just to see if it's still there.' I see three e-mails from Gene. I say, 'Isn't that great? How nice. I wonder what I did wrong now. [Laughs] I wonder what he's yelling me at for now.' I'm looking at the dates of these e-mails, and they're from June and July. This is Christmas night. I opened it up and it had to do with [Simmons's recently released box set] 'The Vault'. We had written a lot of songs during the 'Revenge' era, and I think there's one on there — one of my favorite songs, my own personal favorite songs, 'I Wanna Live'. This was June; he sent me another one two weeks later and gets no answer from me. Then he sends me another one in July, and there's no answer from Vinnie, basically about the same thing. I said, I bet that's why he's mad at me. I read all three e-mails, and I said [imitates typing], 'I love you; I miss you; come on home,' you know? Then we started emailing again. He said, 'I'd like to have 'I Wanna Live' on 'The Vault', and invited me to Nashville and receive it on stage and to meet each other again. I said to him, 'Listen, you said some stuff about me — come on, we're past this.' I said, 'I just want you to know, I still love you. I always will. We had a lot of good things. Let's move on.' The e-mail vibe was great."

On whether he accepted the invitation to appear at Simmons's Nashville stop of his promotional tour in support of "The Vault", which will take place on April 14:

Vinnie: "Absolutely. I will show up for him."

On how he feels about the two VINNIE VINCENT INVASION albums:

Vinnie: "I feel very strongly about them. The second record should have never happened. Rob [Fleischman] should have stayed with the project. The basic sound of that record was like [Jimmy] Page and [Robert] Plant — it was Rob and me. That first record was pretty red-hot. It was my vision; Rob singing; everything was just right. Second version of it should have been aborted, should have never happened. I had the power; I should have taken it. I should have called the shots, which should have been, 'Stop this. Revamp it. Go back, let me get the people I need.' The people that were involved with it at that time should have not been involved with it, but it was such a publicity machinery piece of... it was like a product. It was all publicity and hype. The songs, I felt were really good, but I didn't feel the music came out to be... the records weren't what I would have done. I would have never settled on records like that. When I say records, the first one, yes; the second one, no; and that singer [Mark Slaughter] was unbearable as far as I'm concerned."

On whether he'd consider returning to the stage:

Vinnie: "Absolutely. This is what I do. I've not stopped doing this. Publicly, if the fans want me back, I can't wait. This is what I've been waiting for anyway."

Vinnie Vincent joined KISS in 1982, replacing Ace Frehley. As the "Ankh Warrior," he toured with the group in support of "Creatures Of The Night", on which he played lead guitar on six songs prior to becoming an official member of the band. From there, KISS wrote and released "Lick It Up" — their first album without makeup — in 1983, a recording on which Vincent co-wrote eight of 10 songs, including the title track, which remains a staple of the group's live performances to this day.

Despite the album's success, Vincent was fired by KISS after the "Lick It Up" touring cycle came to an end, allegedly due to a dispute over both the terms of his employment contract with the band and royalties. From there, Vincent founded a new group, VINNIE VINCENT INVASION. The group recorded two albums, a self-titled 1986 release and 1988's "All Systems Go".

In 1992, Vincent re-teamed with KISS principals Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley to write three songs for their acclaimed album "Revenge", including the record's first two singles, "Unholy" and "I Just Wanna". Their relationship quickly soured once again, however. Four years later, Vincent released a solo EP, "Euphoria", which featured vocals by former VVI singer Fleischman and included material from sessions recorded around 1990. Soon after that, Vincent vanished from the public eye and remained off the grid for more than two decades.

In recent years, Vincent has been the subject of a number of unsubstantiated rumors about his gender identity, including that he has been cross-dressing and that he has undergone a sex change.

Last year, Vincent was the focus of a Swedish TV documentary called "KISS Och Gitarristen Som Försvann" ("KISS And The Guitarist Who Disappeared") which apparently tried, unsuccessfully, to track Vinnie down and get him to sit down for an interview.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-kis ... cant-wait/
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

Robert and Vinnie back together for the first time in over 30 years!

From RF's FB page ====> https://ibb.co/cjZdUG
Last edited by fullshredd on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
onefinger

Post by onefinger »

Thanks for sharing !
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Thanks Drew, patrick and Sammy and everyone else. What a day in the world of being a Vinnie Vincent fan
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I am feeling a vvi line up.

Vinnie Vincent
Robert Fleischman
Mike Weeks (bass with his new vv bass)
Bobby Rock
Bye Bye
Iceman75

Post by Iceman75 »

I NEVER THOUGHT THIS WOULD HAPPEN!
HOLY SHIT !!!!
Detroit

Post by Detroit »

Did he talked about his house, his wifes, his boxset, home insidenet... How did he do? How was he?
Only the truth can set you free
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Detroit wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:23 pm Did he talked about his house, his wifes, his boxset, home insidenet... How did he do? How was he?
Check the link. The whole thing is there. He did well. Said sorry about box set.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I
Last edited by doublev2 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Detroit wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:23 pm Did he talked about his house, his wifes, his boxset, home insidenet... How did he do? How was he?
Here Detroit https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 0120415452
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I hope vv doesn't get discouraged by any comments on FB etc . He is true star and has certainly livened up the boring kiss circuit today.
Bye Bye
birnie

Post by birnie »

Finally catching up with this. Awesome stuff.
Robert and Vinnie together!
Chances of performing....hmmm, please please !!
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

This Interview changed everything!
I still love him and I‘m with him.
My favorite musician and guitar player !
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

I hope that he really plays every day, and also that he ´ll do something about Tom's guitars.
The moment he talked about haters on the internet was great.
What I really like about this appearance is that it completely changes the perception I had from him, in a positive way.
He seems to have a very close relation to his lawyer. Do you think Mark's got all of Vinnie ´s guitars?
say two sky two say fare
roustabout23

Post by roustabout23 »

vinnie seems healed, healthy, happy and safe. glad for him. was good to hear him take the high road over and over and over..

Im vinnie, and you know I Love...

great tact!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

He wore same boots yesterday as in the 1989/1990 dean markey advertisement .
Bye Bye