LIVE! VV INVADES ATLANTA weekend updates, pics, video 1/19-1/21

News and information from 2018 onwards
poserboy71

Re: LIVE! VV INVADES ATLANTA weekend updates, pics, video 1/19-1/21

Post by poserboy71 »

Iceman75 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:12 pm Did he ever say anything about a new line of guitars?
Yes. I have it on video. He explained that the guitars weren't there because the builder had a nasty fall and had to heal.
That builder is GJ2...

...GROVER JACKSON. :D :!: :!: :!: :!:
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Iceman75

Post by Iceman75 »

Grover Jackson??? Wow! Excellent guitars !!!
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Did he address Tom's guitars?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Streetbeat wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:48 pm Did he address Tom's guitars?
Have faith that Vinnie will do the right thing by the right people.
That was a business deal between two people that we stuck our heads into.
I have faith,hope, and love, to put towards that situation. It has never needed my opinion or involvement only making things worse between those two folks.
It may have resolved itself sooner ,for better or worse, if I didn't stick my fat face into the equation.
We need to let things become what they deserve.
Vinnie deserved the feelings of this last weekend for a very long time. He finally opened himself up to it and let it be what it was going to be.
Everyone should do the same while remaining positive that all will work itself out in due course of time.
I take responsibility for possibly delaying that situation's outcome with my own selfish feelings.
Who am I to get in the middle of that ?
For that, I apologize to both Tom Palecki and Vinnie.
I made things worse.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I think anything to do with things we don't know about should be not on this board. Like this guitar thing. I loved the NAMM event but obviously this is a VV fan board and we should just butt out of things like guitar deals. Lots of things go wrong or not as planned in business and usually no one is at fault just situation but I think the guitars are just a side track and really lets just see what VV does next. I am guilty as charged on how much I looked into things so I know. Lets just ride the wave. Past issues are past issues nothing we can do. And I would say the issue is to be between VV and AZG guitars and no one else and behind closed doors.
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

From my point of View, Gentlemen, the Elders
I'm pretty fucken stoked that as you Rick, Dino, Vic 'stick my fat face into the equation.'
I got a pretty wicked (understatement) Guitar for my daughter Aurora from that aftermath.
The only way we got introduced to Tom was through the misfortune that occurred between himself and Vinnie.
From something bad, some good came from it.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
dkraven

Post by dkraven »

I do agree with GeneBaby. I think this whole thing was so cool and amazing - I certainly never thought it would happen - but can't help to be disappointed about the negative words for Mark.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

dkraven wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:04 am I do agree with GeneBaby. I think this whole thing was so cool and amazing - I certainly never thought it would happen - but can't help to be disappointed about the negative words for Mark.
Certain people have beaten up on Vinnie for 30 years and Vinnie has sad NOTHING.
Allow Vinnie a few deserved punpune back at them.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Euphoria96

Post by Euphoria96 »

doublev2 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:09 pm He wore same boots yesterday as in the 1989/1990 dean markey advertisement .
Yeah, the same!! Very cool
Euphoria96

Post by Euphoria96 »

I'm still overwhelmed, I loved Vinnie's comeback, he seemed more real person. I don't think he can shredd anymore, but a few chords would be great on electric guitar, with Robert singing and , maybe Andre Labelle on drums? this June... I thought the Archives was going to be released on this expo, a lot of people from the Kiss Army Bolivia were asking for that box set, I hope he can release it latter as well.. and also share that Mark Slaughter was great on ASG, I guess V was a little bit (past)-frustated and jealous about Slaughter, I mean his 1st album went Platinum, anyway... Overall very very happy to see some FB friends on the expo (Pat. P, Cris G, Lassi L, etc), and the members of Full Shredd on there, thank you all the guys from vvforums (so cool to see your photos finally here, reading since 2011 and always know you by the avatar lol) and all who took pics and fb lives, videos, etc, really really thank you! and It was great to see him with those boots from 1990, he brought that vintage style, I liked so much

Really are great times to be a VV fan!
Saludos from Bolivia
Mario
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

Eddie Trunk comments on VV's appearance:

Obviously the people in Ed's circle don't let him know how much of a dick he sounds like when he's CONSTANTLY tooting his own egotistical horn.

I'm happy VV only gave him the 20 +/- minutes of his time instead of his scheduled hour interview. Ed's interview sucked :lol: And YES, I'll tell that to him the next time I see his big (ever-balding) head.

Ed just didn't have the balls to ask VV about it (his appearance) - calling it the "White Elephant" in the room. But now that Ed is tucked back safe and sound, he can play analyst and state conjecture instead of harnessing the opportunity THEN. He could have been eloquent in asking, but Ed isn't savvy nor tactile. He knew of the "rumours" so he had plenty of time to prepare in case. Ya dropped the ball there, Eddy boy.

Side note - I was at the latest UFO/Saxon gig in NYC last year. I was standing behind Trunk (unfortunately) as he was texting. I clearly saw that he was messaging a friend making fun of the guys in Saxon saying how bald they were becoming. If that's not the pot...(globally) :roll:
Last edited by fullshredd on Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
ArtGriego

Post by ArtGriego »

Eddie Trunk could not have been more of an asshole and personally delayed the entire Expo. The Expo would have been a lot better without him.

BTW, talked to a guy who went to That Metal Show and had a question for stump the Trunk. He was told the question was too hard for Eddie. So much for Stump The Trunk.
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

ArtGriego wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:20 am Eddie Trunk could not have been more of an asshole and personally delayed the entire Expo. The Expo would have been a lot better without him.

BTW, talked to a guy who went to That Metal Show and had a question for stump the Trunk. He was told the question was too hard for Eddie. So much for Stump The Trunk.
I've met Ed many, many times over the years - from expos to backstage at UFO gigs, and other gigs. I can personally say that some people never change!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

poserboy71 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:19 am
dkraven wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:04 am I do agree with GeneBaby. I think this whole thing was so cool and amazing - I certainly never thought it would happen - but can't help to be disappointed about the negative words for Mark.
Certain people have beaten up on Vinnie for 30 years and Vinnie has sad NOTHING.
punpune ???? = PUNCHES :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vinnie will do as he pleases but I wish he wouldn't give Trunk the time of day.
Like I have said before, Trunk doesn't care about Vinnie. When someone says they 'SCORED" the first interview in 22 years, that is a major insult.

I would have liked to talk with Bob Kulick and Robert Fleischman at Vinnie-Con but I was in my own Twilight Zone (Arjen :wink: ) and was totally focused on the Vin.

NEWBEGINNINGS
dkraven

Post by dkraven »

poserboy71 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:03 am
poserboy71 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:19 am
punpune ???? = PUNCHES :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vinnie will do as he pleases but I wish he wouldn't give Trunk the time of day.
Like I have said before, Trunk doesn't care about Vinnie. When someone says they 'SCORED" the first interview in 22 years, that is a major insult.

I would have liked to talk with Bob Kulick and Robert Fleischman at Vinnie-Con but I was in my own Twilight Zone (Arjen :wink: ) and was totally focused on the Vin.
Haha! I was wondering what punpune was!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Name change to punpune please! :twisted:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

shramiac wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:55 am Name change to punpune please! :twisted:
I am already Shecky POON. What more do you want ???? :P :P :P :P

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I think Vinnie could easily keep this all going with a weekly upload using his selfy camera on iphone or cam on his computer. he could just call out bullshit, keep the good feeling going etc. I do understand people are nicer in person at events that the easy insults online. I really think for vv it would be amazing to keep the good feeling going. I wonder if he could tour guitar stores or something with his new line of guitars and give little acoustic sets.
I didn't think there would be as big a market for Vinnie than there was. No kiss member could draw this attention. Ace at an Expo.. no nothing like this.
i know about depression and its good to keep things going even while working on projects a regular like once a week apperance or a local gig once a month even if just him with his guitar on his own would be very good for his moral.
Bye Bye
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

fullshredder wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:32 pm
fullshredd wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:44 am Robert and Vinnie back together for the first time in over 30 years!

From RF's FB page ====> https://ibb.co/cjZdUG
Jesus christ, this is fucking immense!! Those two guys right there are responsible for the best album i ever heard. Ever.

I don't care about the away VV looks, unlike some of the unflattering comments on here from so-called VV fans, I just hope he actually comes back and starts recording again, write some brilliant songs, which he does so well, preferably with RF. fucking amazing!!
Rob mentioned on his FB page that this was the first time that he and Vinnie performed in public - very true and crazy when you think about it. I think I read somewhere a long time ago that Robert had developed stage fright at some point during the release of VVI?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ashes to ashes with Robert singing and a long 7 minute version would be my dream. Sort of as long as invincible.
Just for fun I wonder if vv had kicked Mark out for asg and Robert was busy and couldn't come back who would be best.rumour had it that Goran was to come in but I don't know if for asg of or if after asg?

Personally I think there had to be someone more perfect than Goran or jss. Anyone have any ideas?
Maybe the crimson glory or TNT singers? They still seem week compared to Robert.

My stance in early days is everyone wanted vv to sing if not Robert.

No idea what the hell I am talking about ..tired good night.
Bye Bye
carvindc200

Post by carvindc200 »

Here is a shot I got of Vinnie.
Attachments
0120181907a.jpg
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

carvindc200 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:55 pm Here is a shot I got of Vinnie.
Nice!
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Not sure where to place these but it was at the Expo, so!
Was very happy to meet quite a few people from here and fb. Such as WizKid/Chris, carvindc200/John, a few from fb VV pages. Some names I have forgotten so forgive me!
But was very happy to finally meet after all these years, PB71/Rick! Such an awesome, fun person to be around. He's a trip...my fav person!
Had a great time at the Expo and looking forward to the Nashville one if it happens!
20180120_210709.jpg
20180120_210652.jpg
received_1976216722640519.jpeg
Last edited by AnkhWarrior on Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Thanks ,Jess !
You gave me something that will remind me of you periodically for the rest of my life.
You are the ginchiest !!!!
Great seeing you!!!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

poserboy71 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:34 pm Thanks ,Jess !
You gave me something that will remind me of you periodically for the rest of my life.
You are the ginchiest !!!!
Great seeing you!!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Nice pics :))))
Hehe, love it!
VinceVandergraff

Post by VinceVandergraff »

awesome photos! I love all the Vinnie love that's going on. I've decided that a feature in my upcoming podcast will have a segment called "Riff Corner" where I will showcase guitar riffs from certain songs. The first one will be from an Ace song you all know and love called "Two Sides Of The Coin". First episode of course will be an in-depth review of our favorite heckler troll Mr. Michael Brandvold. oh boy I'm gonna rip him a new one!
Stay tuned for...
Vince Vandergraff's Vault of Vindication
Attachments
20180125_034041.png
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

What happened with the people who bought the "Pink" tickets? They were supposed to give you an "exclusive lanyard" but I noticed they were just giving everyone the regular paper ones and writing "pink" on the back. Also they were supposed to get in an hour early but they only had one massive line that everyone was mixed into. It seems like there was no advantage over buying the $75 pink ticket as you still had to wait just as long as anyone else, I hope they issue partial refunds to anyone who bought those
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

VinceVandergraff wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:00 pm awesome photos! I love all the Vinnie love that's going on. I've decided that a feature in my upcoming podcast will have a segment called "Riff Corner" where I will showcase guitar riffs from certain songs. The first one will be from an Ace song you all know and love called "Two Sides Of The Coin". First episode of course will be an in-depth review of our favorite heckler troll Mr. Michael Brandvold. oh boy I'm gonna rip him a new one!
Stay tuned for...
Vince Vandergraff's Vault of Vindication
That pink ink looks familiar! lol Did VV have a regular pink Sharpie with him? I noticed a lot of blue, gold, and black ink, but not much pink
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Yes he did. I had the back of my V.I.P Pass signed in pink.
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

AnkhWarrior wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:24 pm Yes he did. I had the back of my V.I.P Pass signed in pink.
It has a good tone to it and really stands out. I had him sign my plate in oil-base marker at it was a nice match
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

fullshredd wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:29 pm
AnkhWarrior wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:24 pm Yes he did. I had the back of my V.I.P Pass signed in pink.
It has a good tone to it and really stands out. I had him sign my plate in oil-base marker at it was a nice match
Oh yes. You'd think Gold would be the main color but surprisingly the Pink looks great against many backgrounds.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

If Grover is making vv model guitar ... I hope he can make it in brown and orange. Hehe.
Grover supposedly favourite guitar is his jackson zolatone finish. I have a zolatone finish Ritz which I love but it's blue.
I would love brown zolatone vv guitar. I am kind of guessing maybe the line will be not so custom? Like a bit more mass produced? I don't know much about gj2. It's very exciting though. If I can afford will buy but needs to be under 2500
Bye Bye
vvindicated

Post by vvindicated »

Wish I could have been there, but I am still so happy that Vinnie made this public appearance ... not only for us, the fans, but you could tell it was very therapeutic for him. You could tell that he was overwhelmed with all the love shown for him, and I'm not sure he was realistically prepared for it. So it was great hearing all those stories directly "from the heart."

As far as his appearance is concerned ... I'll be honest, I was a little bit surprised initially, but after about 10 seconds into it, it didn't even matter and was more of an afterthought. I think for the first time in many years, he is at peace with things now and is truly happy. If indeed he is transitioning from male to female, I'm fine with it and it's far better to be supportive than criticizing him. Much love for Vinnie!

It was also interesting reading some of the comments on YouTube and other forums from people that weren't initially a fan of Vinnie, but the footage of him at the expo really changed their opinion of him. Pretty cool, imho.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Yes, I believe VV was highly unaware how much love his fans have for him.
He gets the picture now, definitely!
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

I love how Vinnie took a photo with the police officer at the end
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Derek recently posted an update saying the Saturday and Sunday photos will be posted as well very shortly
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Cool Vinnie on this one
say two sky two say fare
PaulCantStandley

Post by PaulCantStandley »

Man, it caught me off guard what Vinnie had to say about the Warrior guys. No talent losers? That seems harsh, given how many people like those recordings imo
metatron

Post by metatron »

Cool pics kids ; Rick & Jess
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

With all the initial interest about vv's look. He looks exactly the same as he did in kiss and first vvi album. Glam!! .. No one looks at the old vv photos and asks what gender vv is. Look at this photo. Very similar in fact more femme in the kiss shot.
It matters not anyway.

Bye Bye
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

About Gene, does it matter?
He had this hermaphrodite role in some movie at the time
Those were the days....
say two sky two say fare
toliklisiy

Post by toliklisiy »

Yes, was such, Never Too Young to Die :)
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Eighties were great!!!
say two sky two say fare
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

I know I'm super late, but HOLY SHIT what a great show and what a great thread for the show. The video of Vinnie and Fleishman singing together again after so many years made me so happy. I'm going to listen to it on a loop tomorrow all day long (in the car, of course).

BTW, did anyone try asking him about the possibility of releasting the unreleased/bootleg material he and Robert did before it got turned to Euphoria and then became a bunch of nothing? Like, I REALLY want to hear those in pristine quality, specially Rocks on Fire.
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

Cernex wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:46 am I know I'm super late, but HOLY SHIT what a great show and what a great thread for the show. The video of Vinnie and Fleishman singing together again after so many years made me so happy. I'm going to listen to it on a loop tomorrow all day long (in the car, of course).

BTW, did anyone try asking him about the possibility of releasting the unreleased/bootleg material he and Robert did before it got turned to Euphoria and then became a bunch of nothing? Like, I REALLY want to hear those in pristine quality, specially Rocks on Fire.
Good question! Maybe we'll see quality versions of these songs (Rocks On Fire, Nuke It, Truth, etc.) finally released. These are gems that deserve better 8)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I was always thinking that all that stuff was going to be in the box set. Let's hope so anyway!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I noticed on the original box set running times if correct invincible was 6.5 minutes . I hope the longer version will be released. I would quite happily take the 20 minute symphony version. Hehe
Bye Bye
HotVinnie

Post by HotVinnie »

doublev2 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:03 pm I noticed on the original box set running times if correct invincible was 6.5 minutes . I hope the longer version will be released. I would quite happily take the 20 minute symphony version. Hehe
I LOVE that song and the solo!! The longer the better for me!