Gene Simmons on Vinnie Vincent

News and information from 2018 onwards
evh5150

Gene Simmons on Vinnie Vincent

Post by evh5150 »

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gene-s ... r-my-life/
I found a new blabbermouth article, intresting.....
ankh

Re: Gene Simmons on Vinnie Vincent

Post by ankh »

In this article, Gene makes references to other people too, but aknowledges Vinnie's talent.As usual, says things ina way tha t wil cause controversy and therefore gives himself more visibility.Any press is goos press,and smut sells.
He simply prefer to work with people who follow his leads,that's all.

The point would be that, given the way he was treated and the contracts he was offered, Vinnie will never-rightfully so- work with Gene again.
Besides, there' s plenty of artists who treats other people right and are more successful than the 'ol Brillo pad helmet tongued one.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Gene Simmons has vowed to never work with Vinnie Vincent again, explaining that he won't have any "losers" around in his life.

Vincent replaced lead guitarist Ace Frehley in 1982 and played with KISS for two years. He left the group on bad terms, and later claimed Simmons and KISS bandmate Paul Stanley owed him royalties for his work on the group's 1983 album "Lick It Up".

It was recently announced that Vincent will appear as a special guest at the Atlanta Kiss Expo in January. The 65-year-old musician will be signing autographs and taking photos during the special VIP Meet & Greet on Friday, January 19, 2018, as well as all day long at the Atlanta Kiss Expo on Saturday, January 20, 2018.

Asked in a brand new interview with The Aquarian Weekly if he would ever work with Vinnie again, Gene said: "No. No. He's a very talented guy. Everybody's got their troubles in life. You can't fix everything. I'm a big supporter of his talent. You know, go with god. Enjoy life, be happy. But I don't need more dark clouds over my life. It's nice and calm. Eric [Singer, KISS drummer] and Tommy [Thayer, guitar] have been with us for a very long time, and it's professional to the highest degree. Everybody is happy to be together. Everybody shows up on time. There's no, 'The dog ate my homework.' None of that crap.

"When you use drugs and alcohol and other bullshit things, it's everybody else's fault," he continued. "You're always the victim. You never take charge of your situation, and I'm sick of it. I don't tolerate any of that. I won't have any of those losers around in my life. That includes regular people too. If somebody I work with in other areas drinks, they're gone. By the way, they don't care about you. They just want what they want."

After Vincent sued Stanley and Simmons for "Lick It Up" royalties, a federal judge in Los Angeles ruled against the guitarist and awarded the KISS defendants about $66,400 in attorney's fees and $15,400 in costs.

In June 2010, Vincent lost his 6th Circuit appeal of an order barring him from seeking bankruptcy protection from paying more than $81,000 to his former bandmates.

After running into into Simmons at a recording studio and reportedly apologizing for causing KISS all the grief while he was a member, Vincent was brought back into the KISS fold to co-write "Unholy", "Heart Of Chrome" and "I Just Wanna" for the band's 1992 album "Revenge". However, once the record was released, "Vinnie was up to his old tricks again," Simmons told Rolling Stone. "He reneged on a signed deal we had made and decided that he wanted to renegotiate. He eventually sued us and lost. As far as I was concerned, he was persona non grata forever."

"It's a shame," Simmons said. "He's talented beyond most people that you'd meet, but you get to sleep in the bed you make."

In May 2011, Vincent was arrested and with aggravated domestic assault after allegedly roughing up his wife, Diane Cusano, at their home in Smyrna, Tennessee. He spent the night in jail and was released on $10,000 bond the following morning.

In a statement released after the arrest, Vincent said: "Please don't believe everything you read. I would never hurt anyone — ever. What has been reported is an absolutely inaccurate depiction of the events that occurred that evening. When it's time, the truth will be known."

In January 2014, Diane Cusano passed away due to conditions stemming from chronic alcoholism. She was 47 years old.

In recent years, Vincent has been the subject of a number of unsubstantiated rumors about his gender identity, including that he has been cross-dressing and that he has undergone a sex change.

Earlier this year, Vincent was the focus of a Swedish TV documentary called "KISS Och Gitarristen Som Försvann" ("KISS And The Guitarist Who Disappeared") which apparently tried, unsuccessfully, to track Vinnie down and get him to sit down for an interview.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gene-s ... DVx3SmP.99
Gene worked with Ace and Peter and this is as much about them as with Vinnie, ie, with things be so easy when it comes to putting on a KISS show and being in the band, he would not go back to members that caused any trouble and headache.

And Ace and Peter caused a lot of headaches over the years!!

Vinnie is of course on that list too.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I know Gene simply answered an interviewer's question. I believe Paul has always been the problem when it comes to talented folks threatening his spotlight.
The big point is Vinnie didn't ask to come back.
Vinnie had more momentum a few months ago than Kiss has had had since the Millenium started.
I hope Vinnie turns on the burners and shows his true worth. It is a shame that the momentum has slowed and the teases that were promised haven't occurred more often leading to Vinnie-Con.
Time to set the past ,and everything that goes with it, on fire.
Go big or stay in seclusion.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Kiss could just simply buy vv songs and not have to work with him but I guess gene is saying even at a distance issues can arise
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

With saying they won't work with Vinnie, that also means they aren't interested in recording any fantastic new songs. They are happy with mediocrity.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

They need a complete shake up. Everyone knows only the best music is born out of tension. Yes kiss maybe a pro band but they sacrifice the music for that. Tension is where its at
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Tension and hunger.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Wait till $$$$$$$ is mentioned, then Gene will change his mind! ;)
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I know there were issues/problems and differences, but fuck, if I'd just released Creatures and followed that up with Lick It Up, I would not have let my ego let Vinnie go. They could have all shared the success together.

KISS could have ruled the 80's, instead of wishing they were Bon Jovi, and GnR and Def Leppard and Motley etc.

By 88, with Crazy Nights not doing much business Paul was pissed at how big all the other bands had gotten, but more undeniably great albums with Vinnie pushing Gene and Paul to sing their asses off, would have put them up there. The public that largely forgot about them would be forced to know their names.

But no, we're the guys who started KISS and no new guy is going to outshine us, blah, blah, blah.....

They couldn't see the success for the trees, which I still find amazing.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Agreed but vv hardly sold any records since he left kiss (no gold records etc) or before he joined. Also animalize was biggest selling 80s kiss record and maybe the worst so hard to know if kiss would have ruled. Musically we all know kiss would have been better off with vinnie.
Bye Bye