Mark talks about the Expo

News and information from 2018 onwards
Genebaby
Site Admin

Mark talks about the Expo

Post by Genebaby »

So Mark did not have too much good to say when he was asked about Vinnie's appearance at the Expo.

http://talkingmetal.com/digital/2017/09 ... -be-there/
“Well it just depends, if he gets all the money up front, he won’t be there. And if it’s partial payment, he’ll probably go for the backend. You know if he’s paid up front, then I don’t know if he will. You know we’ve seen that with things he’s done in the past. You know it would be nice if he starts showing his face, it would be nice if he starts making music. There is plenty of room for us all in this industry, there is plenty of room to make great songs and for him to put them out there. So, hopefully he can get back on the wagon and do it.”

When asked about the last time he spoke to Vinnie, Slaughter mentions:

“I left Vinnie Vincent in 88, so I walked off stage and that was it. I think he recorded for Enigma making a record, and then he thought it was shit, and then basically recoded over the whole thing, and never even let anyone hear it. He decided, his decision, he didn’t like it and erased the whole thing.”
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Re: Mark talks about the Expo

Post by doublev2 »

He may have recorded over the masters but safetys , copies and cassettes of original recording exist .
My feeling is that is a rumour he copied over it. He probably told enigma when he was mad at them so they didn't demand the master as they would technically own the master tape and certainly the recording so a way out of them ownning the material would be to say its been lost or recorded over.
I know these people involved in the recording have great copies but they all told me no to reveal the names.
Also the guy who worked on the re recording at quad studios in Nashville has some stuff but thats the drum machine stuff you hear on the EP.
Bye Bye
Hummarstra

Post by Hummarstra »

Mark must be annoyed that he will for the rest of his life be asked about Vinnie.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Well VV gave him his break and no doubt the best album he ever worked on. Also his best vocal performance. I still feel vv made miracles out of Mark. As much as Roberts voice is the Vinnie sound in think the Asg vocals are one of the best from any rock album ever. This has to be down to Vinnie.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Vinnie will definitely be there . Even if asked,I feel it is out of place for Mark to even talk about what Vinnie might do.
Even if there is something to gain from it , why do so at another person's expense ?
Last edited by poserboy71 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Let whatever happened in the past, remain there.
People change. For some it may take a long time.
I feel he has changed for the better; I know the 1st message he put out was 'just a letter' but it felt very sincere...and based on everything Derek has said about VV being happy and looking forward to the Expo, I believe it.
I am 100% sure he will be there, no doubt in my mind.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I thought that was poserboy not Mark
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:15 pm I thought that was poserboy not Mark
Mark cannot match my pizza and sammich intake.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

poserboy71 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:47 amMark cannot match my pizza and sammich intake.

You sure about that?

VinnieFan

Post by VinnieFan »

Mark is a washed up fat ass.
I never liked his voice...such a whiny bitch sound to it.
Robert Fleischman will always rule!
Rise All Creatures, Hail To The Beast...Eyes Full Of Fire, Consummate My Feast.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Personally I think asg vocals were incredible. Yes I know mark is sort of an ewok in the sense he was credited with ruining the vvi sound but I love the asg recording. Live is a different matter.

VinnieFan wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:19 pm Mark is a washed up fat ass.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I think this has gone too far for vv to cancel now. Yes it's possible but I doubt it. Would be major self sabotage.
Bye Bye
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

VinnieFan wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:19 pm Mark is a washed up fat ass.
Also he has this weird tendency of pronouncing "Angels" as "Hangels" for some odd reason.

I never got that. Or why his records post-VV were in any way, shape, or form, popular. His best work has always been the VV album.
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

It’s easier (though annoying) for a vocalist to slide into some “A and E words” by putting an H in front of them.
Hence angels becomes hangels and eyes becomes heyes.

Mark is not alone in doing this.

Almost as annoying as North Americans saying erbs instead of herbs.

:P :P :P

And don’t get me started on aluminium vs aluminum.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vinnie was pretty disrespectful to Mark in the 90s and then in 2010 on his youtube he ripped into Mark all along mark was the most positive ex member of vvi regarding vinnie. You can see why he may crack a little after that
Bye Bye